A new 'Bushism': We're gonna get us

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: A new 'Bushism': We're gonna get us
By Simba (Simba) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 02:35 pm: Edit

WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of “Bushisms” on Thursday, declaring that his administration will “never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people.”

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,” Bush said. “They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

From NBC news

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 02:47 pm: Edit

haha miserably unqualified

By Iris115 (Iris115) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:15 pm: Edit

rofl.

That's funny. xD Innocent mistake, but totally hilarious.

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Oh my god! This guy is an idiot!

By Allena (Allena) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

Actually the comment makes sense to me... I think the point he was trying to get at there is that they are trying to pay attation to different ways we can be attacked...

With that said, it does sound bad.

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

What he said makes sense, yeah, but I seriously doubt that was what he was trying to say. Yeah, he could have meant that his administration is constantly thinking of the ways to harm the country in order to prevent future attacks, but given his "record," I think he just made another idiotic remark.

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Come on. Let's stop being petty. We know what he meant.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

The 9/11 commission believes that the USA suffered from a lack of imagination - we could not fathom the destruction that Al Queda brought on NYC and DC.

Given that, it is entirely sensible for any administration to attempt to think like the enemy.

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

Given his long history of nonsensical comments and his uncooperative attitude toward the 911 commission, I have my doubts that Bush is suddenly being sensible regarding its suggestions.

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Don't be too cute with Bush. Given his track record of non-sense speech, it is just another case of him opening his mouth before thinking.

By Brzrk (Brzrk) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

I went on an exchange trip to England last winter, and they had a great poster of all the nonsensical crap that Bush had said. Which they used as a dartboard.

In their government class.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:43 am: Edit

Classic.... at least he's good for an occasional laugh

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page