Bush signs free-trade agreement with Australia

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Bush signs free-trade agreement with Australia
By Brianwilson (Brianwilson) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 03:07 am: Edit

Isn't this overkill? I think the solution to free trade is taking the best of both worlds. Allow companies to go overseas with reduced taxes, but foster independent growth. Re enact the strict monopoly control we had before 96. This is riduculous. I don't want Clear Channel to control ALL the radio stations of the world!

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 03:23 am: Edit

It seems like Bush has a fairly globalist agenda nowadays, eh? Well, I pretty much agree with you on all points mentioned in the post.

By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

Free trade will create wealth in both the USA and Australia. Given that Australia is one of our best allies, there is no downside.

By Mom101 (Mom101) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Free trade is hear to stay and it is necessary. But don't think we won't feel a downside. Australian wine, beacause of their currancy advantage, for example, brought in with reduced penalty, will further kill the hurting California wine industry.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page