Scary Stories

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Scary Stories
By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

let's tell scary stories

Here's mine:

A 10 year old girl was riding on the school bus just like she did every day. Things didn't seem right though. No one talked, everyone just stared straight forward with blank expressions. The girl looked around and saw that her mom was sitting next to her!

"Mom" cried the little girl.
"Mom what are you doing here"

Her mom didn't reply, just stared straight forward. The little girl looked out the window and saw that the bus was driving downhill. Suddenly the girl had a horrible feeling and realized the bus was going down to hell.

The girl stood up, pushed her mom into the aisle, and then ran up to the driver. There was no driver! The bus was driving itself. The bus was headed downhill towards a cliff where it would fall down into hell.

The girl hurredly ran back and dragged her mom to the back of the bus. She opened the emergency hatch on the back of the bus and was about to jump off with her mom when she felt a tug.

The girl looked back and saw that Death had grabbed her mom's hand and was pulling her back. The little girl struggled to pull her mom out of the moving bus.

Death had twisted the mom's arm behind her back and had an unbreakable grip. Finally, the little girl saw it was hopeless and she jumped off right before the bus drove off the cliff and disappeared into hell.

Then the little girl woke up. It was a dream. The little girl went to mom's bedroom and saw that her mom was dead, her arm twisted behind her back.

By Spit (Spit) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

hahah
what the heck?

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

oooook, that creeped me out way more than it should have.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 11:36 pm: Edit

yeah...it shouldn't have been that creepy...but it was...

I don't know any stories off the top of my head, but I remember loving a book series that was just a bunch of short scary stories- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. They were just freakin' creepy, and they had godly pencil art...just awesome.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:22 am: Edit

Nah, maybe it would be scarier in person. There's one that scared the HELL out of me when I was a kid, and I would think about it for years afterwards. I don't know the whole thing though, and I don't really want to try to remember it. But it had to do with a guy on the phone calling his victims and saying, "I'm going to come to your house in 5 minutes and kill you." It was told to me in a camping tent with flashlight and everything.

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

aw come on, tell a story...

By Phantom (Phantom) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

2 of my favorites
(copy and pasted from snopes.com):

Two girls were home on vacation from school and were staying alone in one of the girl's homes. It was storming and the electricity went out. While they were lying in bed upstairs, in the dark, they heard a noise. One was frightened, but the other jumped out of bed and put on her robe. The robe had a furry collar around the neck. She went downstairs. Quite a bit of time elapsed and the girl upstairs got more and more frightened. At last she heard the shuffle of feet coming down the hall. At first she was relieved and then she began to worry that it might not be her girl friend, but someone else. She finally decided that when the person came in she would reach up and touch the person's neck and if she felt the furry collar, she would know it was her friend. The steps came closer and closer. The door creaked open and at last the person was right next to her. She reached with both hands and felt the fur and then touched a little higher. All she felt was a bloody stump where her friend's head had been . . . .

------------------

A girl was studying late and went back to her dorm room to get some books or notes. So she wouldnít disturb her roommate, she didnít turn on the lights when she got her stuff off her desk. Later when she went back to her room, she found her roommate dead and a note written in lipstick on the mirror. It said, "Arenít you glad you didnít turn on the light?"

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

Okay, those two were just creepy. The second one was worse than the first.

But that original one -- about the ten-year old and the mom -- that was...wow.

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:21 pm: Edit

Oh, here's one:

A bunch of teenagers were on spring break, and they decided to go up to a little cabin deep deep deep in the woods, so they could spend the week fishing/making out, and doing other things teenagers do. There were four girls and four guys. At any rate, in the cabin, there was only a tv and a vcr. "What are we going to watch?" They wondered. Of course, there wasn't any cable. But underneath one of the beds, they found a videotape. It was unlabeled. So they put it in the vcr, and settled down to watch it later that night. At first, it was all fuzzy, but then it started, and it was black and white. It showed a ladder, and a huge caterpillar crawling around, and a scary woman combing her long black hair in an oval mirror. There was no sound from the video. It then showed a finger getting spliced by a nail, a cliff and some horses, and a well. Then, as quickly as it had begun, the video stopped, and the television turned off. Needless to say, everyone in that cabin was way freaked out.

Ten seconds later, the phone rang.
"Seven days".
Of course, they all died, seven days later.

By Thunder77 (Thunder77) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:43 pm: Edit

Here's a classic... I guess you'll be scared if you are a girl and owns a dog.

A young teenage girl lived at home with her mother, father and her much loved pet dog.

Being 16 years old her parents decided that she was now old enough to be left alone without a minder while they went out for the evening. Although there was some concern about leaving a young girl in a house all by herself, they knew she was sensible and would behave. And besides, she did have the pet Alsatian dog to look after her and keep her company.

The parents left for the night, leaving Emergency phone numbers and supplies for the night. The girl was thrilled to be spending her first night alone in her parents house and mainly watched TV until 11.00 rolled round.

Deciding she was tired she moved upstairs to her comfy bedroom to retire for the night. Her trusty Alsatian dog following her all the time.

After being asleep for a short time she awoke to a dripping noise coming from the bathroom. Not afraid, but curious as to what the noise was she lowered her hand down beside her bed to gain a little comfort from the Alsatian. She felt the warmth of his soft tongue as he licked her hand, showing her that he was O.K and that everything would be alright. Feeling assured she drifted off to sleep once more.

Waking once again to the sounds of the dripping tap, or whatever it was, in the bathroom she instinctively dropped her hand down to pet her dog. Once again her dog offered up the loyal companionship that only a much trusted and loved pet can, and licked her hand and she once again fell asleep.

For the last time she woke up again, that annoying noise was still going, she reached for her dog but found he wasn't there. Wondering where her parents were at this time of night (it was about 3.30am by this time) and looking for her dog she walked out into the bathroom.

A horrifying sight met her, the dog had been mutilated and was creating the dripping noise, as blood slowly fell and pooled on the floor below. Screaming she ran back through the house and attempted to call the police. The phone was dead, and she turned to suddenly see her parents also mutilated behind her. Her screams could be heard as she looked down at a note written in blood, it read:
"Humans Can Lick Too My Beautiful".

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:50 pm: Edit

I found Gabriel Marquez's i only came to use the phone a bit scary. i'll summarize:

A woman was driving to meet her husband when her car broke down. Knowing that her marriage was not going particularly well at this point and that any delay could be reason for her to leave him, she was quick to hitchike the bus that came down the road. She found that the driver would be letting the entire bus out just down the road and that there was a phone in the building. She sat down, noting that the entire bus was full of women. She was grateful that the women were quite quiet, almost asleep in fact as she contemplated how to explain her situation to her husband

When she arrived at her destination, a mansion, she ran ahead of the crowd, which had proceeded slowly and in double file out of the bus. A woman at the door yelled at her to get in line. She tried to explain that she was only there to use the phone, but the woman seemed not to listen. She was forced to get in line. When she got to the door, she began again to talk to the woman, whose only response was to mumble something about hospitals forgetting to tag their patients. She was forced again to follow the line and follow it into the building, through a hallway until it seperated and women entered small, dormitory style rooms. as a woman following her closed the door to one of the dorms and locked it, she realized that something was wrong and tried to run away. A burly arm stopped her progession and her momentum sent her into the ground, knocking her out cold.

Teh next morning, when the drugs had worn off the other women in the ward, they explained to her that she was in an insane assylum. She realized the terror of her situation as she searched for identification that she did not have. she did not panick yet though , as she thought she would wait to talk to a doctor or some official person to explain her situation. When she would meet such persons however, they would all tell her to get in line and cooperate. After at least two weeks, there was no way to tell in the windowless asylum, she tried to rush out of her dorm, only to end up half strangled by the huge woman who ahd stopped ehr before. When she was in teh dorm she thought that noone would save her. Her husband would have assumed she had taken off with another man and she had no relatives. She raged throughtout the night and into the next day until her throat could not utter a sound. she could not stop, not sit there and allow her life to be reduced to this cycle of misery.

One day, her husband showed up at the hospital and she wondered if she might have the chance to be free her horrible life int eh insane assylum. She walked into a room where her husband sat and he asked if she was alright and began to explain that he supported her, even now. Unnerved at his not takeing her away immediately, she screamed that she could not possibly be alright in this place. Even though he had been warned that his wife had gone quite insane, the husband was surprised at this instability from a woman who had been the rock in his life. He could not stand it and left immediately. The woman quieted as he left and went to her dorm without being asked to waste away until she died.

i did this from memory, its probably quite innacurate. please dont sue me for plagiarism
Marquez elaborates a whole lot and teh story isMUCH better ( isuggest u read Strange Pilgrims), but the basic point is that circumstance could completely change your life without u having any control. its surreal.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 08:08 am: Edit

yea, seleucus, i saw that one on tv. it sounded pretty good. i think the main point of that was that she was sane and accidently put into the insane asylum, and by the time her husband came to visit her, the asylum actually had caused her to go insane.

By Ericlu87 (Ericlu87) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 03:31 pm: Edit

-true story-
British man was being treated for shock on Wednesday after he fell from a ladder while pruning trees, accidentally killing his wife with his chainsaw, police said.

The 56-year-old man, who has not been named, was cutting back tree branches at his home in southeast London on Monday when he tumbled backwards from the ladder. The running chainsaw crashed down onto the neck of his wife, who was working in the garden below him.

"The woman was killed instantly, although she was not decapitated," police said in a statement. "Her husband was taken to hospital. He is still being treated for shock."

A police spokesman said the incident was being treated as a "tragic accident."

By Neo (Neo) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 07:42 pm: Edit

That's really sad.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

^^ oh my god.. i could never live afterwords.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

Damn, that is sad. They've been married and together for so long and then in an instant it's over. Hope the man doesn't blame himself too much.

By Asianinfurnace (Asianinfurnace) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 04:30 am: Edit

Chalil Chathothu Ravindran, 45, retired to a room in his house in Chelora, a town in southern Indian state of Kerala, on 19 December. He told his mother he would come out of the room after 41 days of prayers with complete abstention from food and water, and that he would have divine powers. When he failed to come out after the specified period, neighbors tried to break into the room but were prevented by his relatives. After 50 days, police forced open the door and found Ravindran's decomposed body.

I hope y'all get the moral of this story ;)

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 09:55 am: Edit

what is truly scary is the thought of sleeping with a significant other every night and placing complete trust in him/her

By Neo (Neo) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:34 am: Edit

I actually don't find that scary at all. It's called "love".

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:39 pm: Edit

More stories, stop withholding stories.

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

"I actually don't find that scary at all. It's called "love"."

I don't think you get my point. It's not the act of sleeping itself. It's the fact that you place complete trust in someone that they would not do something bad, like murder you in your sleep. You never know.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 11:01 am: Edit

it's called faith

By Milemarker7 (Milemarker7) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 11:43 am: Edit

It's called poker.

By Theamazinasian (Theamazinasian) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

Ok here's an awful one.

A young child had recently disappered from his small town and his parents had begun to worry. The other local villagers had all concluded that the boy had gone off in to the woods and gotten lost. However the parents were still tramatically worried and thus the villagers sent a search party into the forest. The search went on for hours until they all met back in a clearing in the middle of the forest. Finding nothing, they decided to return to the village until they heard a stirring in the bushes. A few of the more stout of heart villages stepped forth into the bushes and saw the child, crying. The overjoyed villagers approached the child...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Then BAM! Ninjas thousands of them. They poured out of the bushes and trees, cutting of heads and flinging shurikens. Then the villagers were all dead and the ninjas sat down and had tea. THE END!!!!

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 09:34 am: Edit

Once upon a time there was a dude who entered www.collegeconfidential.com in his internet browser... but all he got was a message.. '404 - File not found.' !!!

NooooooOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Anyway, about the chainsaw story... What kind of idiot uses a chainsaw while standing on a ladder??
Weirdiness!

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Monday, August 09, 2004 - 11:50 am: Edit

He was pruning probably

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page