Did anyone defer?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Did anyone defer?
By Ethnix33 (Ethnix33) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 11:47 pm: Edit

Is anyone deferring from college for a year (ie, entering college in Fall 05 instead of this fall)? Just wondering how many of us there are out there...if you are, what are you doing for a year?

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 11:52 am: Edit

My daughter and several of her classmates took time off after high school ( look for information on gap year or leap now)
She did a year of service through americorps and applied to an enlarged list of schools the next year ( She was admitted to all)

By Curiouskatie (Curiouskatie) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:50 pm: Edit

i heard a rumor that if you get waitlisted at some colleges, you can opt not to go the upcoming fall and have an automatic admittance the next year. is that true?

By Ejpowers87 (Ejpowers87) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:55 pm: Edit

Never heard of that, but that sounds cool if it's true.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

A friend of mine got an automatic transfer to Cornell if he went to a 4 year college for a year, so I guess that might be what you're talking about.

By Ethnix33 (Ethnix33) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Hey EmeraldKity, did your daughter do City Year? That's what I'm doing. When she re-applied to a larger list of schools, had she already deferred from one school/put of enrollment? In other words, did she use a school she had already gotten into as a super safety school (seeing as she already got in...) and reapply elsewhere?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page