Ahh! what's the deal with my office xp

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Ahh! what's the deal with my office xp
By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 12:41 pm: Edit

ok, so i ran a system recovery the other day because of all the spyware and stuff on my computer, and then when i loaded microsoft office in there, it worked with the cd key and everything. but then when i went to activate the product, it said my cd key was invalid!!! wtf!! i'm pretty sure this is an original, legal copy, and the cd key is on the paper and everything....does anybody know what the problem is??

By Vadim (Vadim) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:37 pm: Edit

I don't have Windows XP, so I'm not familiar with the activation proccess in too much detail, but the problem may be that your copy of Office is already activated with that CD key. Maybe you should contact Microsoft; you could probably get it re-activated.

By Welshie (Welshie) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

I'd contact Microsoft. Sounds like a problem with activating the same software multiple times-- they'll have an answer.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

ha, that's probably what i should have done. unfortunately i asked this computer guy i know, and he sent me all these warez cracks to get it started or something...so now it works...how illegal is this?

By Lame (Lame) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 06:17 am: Edit

You could completely uninstall and then reinstall it. Start->control panel->add/remove programs. Remove it, put it back on. Make sure you remove the cracks from the directory as well, you'll have to do that manually ;).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page