college admissions financial aid college search scholarships ivy league college counseling ">
Edwards just called Kerry decisive :)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Edwards just called Kerry decisive :)
By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Edwards just called Kerry decisive :)

I did not realize that the Comedy Channel was carried by NBC.

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Hehehehe...Be careful, Xiggi, people will jump you!

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

why do you think LCS is on NBC

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

Muahahahahaha.

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 11:47 pm: Edit

I don't see anything wrong with it. Decisive has many meanings, one of which is "Characterized by decision and firmness."

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

I don't know. I'd rather take my time to think things through, than be decisive and make the wrong decision.

By Bunmushroom (Bunmushroom) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

decisive doesnt mean making rushed decisons, it means having the ability to make a decision and be consistent with your feelings and actions. When they say Kerry is not decisive, whether you agree or not with that assertion, they mean that he changes his positions for political reasons.

By Calkidd (Calkidd) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

When will conservatives start admitting that their people in Washington are just as politically minded as the democrats are. Do you really think that Bush landing on the aircraft carrier when the major part of the hostilities in Iraq were supposidly over wasn't made for political reasons?

I have seen, on rare occasion, conservatives praising democrats for changing their decisions on major issues - it's funny though, because when someone changes their position to one that's in agreement with yours, they're "following the will of the people" rather than "being indecisive."

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:00 am: Edit

No one is saying that the Republicans dont do political things, they are in fact a political party. But Kerry has clearly made huge changes in order to make it look like he is very different than Bush. If Edwards said the same things he said before he was running about Saddam, such as "imminent threat", "would go to war even without un support", "world cannot be safe untill Saddam is removed", they would not have a chance to be elected.

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:18 am: Edit

I understand what you are saying but the Democrats do have the excuse that things have certainly changed since then.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:09 pm: Edit

2005 Wordnet dictionary"

WAFFLE: Dictionary Entry and Meaning

Pronunciation: 'wâful
Matching Terms: waffler

Definition: [n] pancake batter baked in a waffle iron
[v] pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures."
[v] favorite activity of John Forbes Kerry, the patrician politician who unsuccesfully ran for the Presidency in 2004 but made a fortune after acquiring IHOP and renaming it IHO Kerry's Waffles.

Synonyms: hesitate, waver

By Lizschup (Lizschup) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 12:31 pm: Edit

Xiggi, Your little smiley face does not disguise your intent to muddy the waters. Kerry is not a flip flopper and the republicans look silly when they keep bringing it up. The only purpose in continuing to bring it up is to influence uninformed voters. And unfortunately it works. If your candidate and party were so sure of themselves, they and you wouldn't need to make such immature remarks.

Xiggi and others:

Please do not use attention getting devices in your headlines, Headlines are not the place for smileys, all-CAPS,***********, or whatever else comes to mind. Instead, think of a headline that is descriptive of your post AND contains keywords that a search engine would likely pick up. Thank you.

<moderator>

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page