Trying to find a science and math tutor

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Trying to find a science and math tutor
By Ranedawg (Ranedawg) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 06:15 pm: Edit

I am trying to find someone who could point me in the right direction so I can catch up on my physics, geometry, trigonometry, algebra and calculus skills since I have been out of that realm for about 4 years. Thanks.

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 06:21 pm: Edit

I'd say the best thing to do if you could not find a good teacher would be to buy a couple of books (used textbooks, workbooks from various places, that sort of thing). First buy something very rudimentary and see how much you trouble you have with it. If you have none, then move up and start studying something harder. Good luck.

As for myself, this summer I bought a few used Algebra and Calculus textbooks, as Calc is not really my strong point, and you need that when you want to be a computer programmer. Although I will not be taking any math my first semester, I am planning on taking I think MA 124 or something like that my second semester. By studying every facet of Algebra and Calculus that I've had trouble with, I hope to eventually master Calculus in its entirety.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page