Help me go back to school!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Help me go back to school!
By Ranedawg (Ranedawg) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:00 pm: Edit

I was curious if anyone has some solid advice for me. I am currently serving a 5 year commitment in the Air Force as an officer until 2007 at which point I plan on separating and going back to work towards a doctorate in physics. I graduated from the Air Force Academy with a B.S. in behavioral science having started out in physics but then moving away because of frustrations thanks to the Academy and myself. Anyways, would it be best to start over by earning a second bachelor thankfully skipping the classes the unecessary classes thanks to my first bachelors? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Hmmm... tough question. I suppose that the Air Force Academy is quite prestigious enough and you don't need to go back to college. I'd recommend simply applying to grad school if your grades are good and you took a variety of medicine-related good courses.

By Ranedawg (Ranedawg) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Here is what makes my situation a tad different. I would like to work towards a Ph.D. in physics and philosophy but physics primarily. This means I would need to refresh my math skills and so that is why I am a tad curious what I should do. Thanks.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Hmm... (again) you might want to contact the perspective grad schools and ask them about people in your situation. I'm sure they'd answer you quite candidly. Call up the deans, etc. and see if your situtation will allow you to go there. Ask them if a couple of years at a college would help you in getting that degree.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page