Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
By Runrickyrun123 (Runrickyrun123) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:39 pm: Edit

yeah, check my username to guess why i'm pissed...

By Killertofu (Killertofu) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:40 pm: Edit

??

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:41 pm: Edit

what the hell? i don't get it!?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:41 pm: Edit

???

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:41 pm: Edit

But he just wants to be free!

Goodbye Super Bowl hopes...

By Psychostudent (Psychostudent) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:42 pm: Edit

Neither do , but I don't get how this board works at all. Can anyone help me out here?

Why does everyone's name come up twice (once in parenthesis)?

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:47 pm: Edit

Ricky Williams- one of the best running backs in the NFL retired at the top of his game just before training camp- in effect screwing over the Miami Dolphins who built their entire team around him.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 12:48 pm: Edit

"Why does everyone's name come up twice (once in parenthesis)? "

lol...

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

My response to the Ricky William thing is two fold:

1. He is ony 27, he claims he wants to retire to travel the world and such, that will grow old by the time he reaches 35...what does he do then?...I mean it was quite obvious he only played football for the money, it actually makes a mockery of those who try to stay in the game as long as they can untill they win a super bowl ring.

2. He totally screwed over the Dolphins and it could not have been anymore blatent. Travis Minor is the Dolphins backup running back. Travis Minor also happens to be Ricky's best friend on the team. Eddie George was a key running back in the free agent market, however Ricky waited for him to sign with the Cowboys right before he made his retirement announcemnt...why? So Travis Minor safely secures a starting position with the Dolphins next season.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 01:38 pm: Edit

Ricky Williams has always beaten his own drum. He is no different than hundreds of running backs. Most of them are primadonas and few are true class acts.

The Miami Dolphins knew what thet were getting when they got him of New Orleans. At least, the poor Saints could claim innocence.

The Dolphins are one of the dumbest franchises in the league and got what they deserve.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:01 pm: Edit

I agree, and the sad part is that they have one of the most polarized offenses in the league...their passing game is almost non existent....as the OP's user name states, it has always been "Run Ricky Run"...kind of curious how they will even score a TD next year

If they never traded for Ricky they could have kept Deuce McAllister (now the saints starting RB)...who is almost even with Ricky performance wise if you go by the numbers

...oh well sucks for the Dolphins...but hey I'm a Jets fan so this is all good news for me

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:11 pm: Edit

Scuba~

If the Dolphins had your QB -or even half-, they may start passing the ball. :)

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:18 pm: Edit

It would not have made a huge difference if they had gotten Eddie George because at this point he has very little left to offer. At least Travis Minor gives them some speed. I heard they might go after a servicable guy like the A-Train or James Stewart. But there is obviously nobody left that will take off any pressure from the secondary.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 02:54 pm: Edit

in the words of Jadakiss,but written by me,
"why did ricky williams leave the dolphins,he has now put their playoff chances in the coffins

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:19 pm: Edit

I've recently been more partial to Stacey Mack than Stewart (didn't Mack finally stay healthy all of last year?), but I agree that Anthony Thomas still has at least a few good years left in him. I've heard talks of DeShaun Foster getting swapped out, but I think that that would both give the Dolphins a fairly inexperienced back and leave the Panthers with an aging RB with no real backup. If they're going to go for youth, they should at least try to trade for Willis McGahee. Another *very* interesting possibility could involve Edgerrin James.

That said, the Dolphins look surprisingly... non-sucky even after Ricky takes his 'illegal substances' and skips to Asia. If Fiedler can keep up, at the least, his mediocrity, the Miami WR staff should be able to pick up some of his slack--Chambers I've always seen as underrated, and David Boston's produced the sort of numbers any WR under Drew Brees and Jake Plummer would be expected to. Their defense is above-average, and their other team parts are, at their worst, serviceable.

I'm pretty sure that they won't be making the playoffs this year, but there's a good chance they'll at least break .500.

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

I had Mack on my fantasy team last year and was unfortunately able to watch him play a couple of games last year. I must tell you that he makes Eddie George look like Jim Brown in the power department. It seemed like the Texans were looking for somebody to replace him right from the get go. As far as McGahee, I don't see the Bills trading him RIGHT NOW. They will give him at least 2 years after spending a first round pick on him. A deal involving Foster seems like it would be good for both teams. Obviously he is looking to start, and with Stephen Davis there, he won't get the opporunity (until Davis gets hurt of course). Either way, this whole Ricky Williams thing will finally shut up my Dolphin fan Friends because now the entire NFL will be able to see just how bad their offense is. I'd say 9-7 though.

By Cherrybarry (Cherrybarry) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

just another spoiled brat

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

He's not a spoiled brat. He's decided that what he does for a living doesn't make him happy so he's making a change. I admire that though I think he should've thought about the timing of his retirement.

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

That's right- Ricky Williams sucks

Hooray for LaDainian Tomlinson! Even with the Chargers' god-awful offensive line, this guy is amazing!

By Runrickyrun123 (Runrickyrun123) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 05:58 am: Edit

it's actually not that bad...it just quickens the inevitable...dolphins will go 6-10 without him, 8-8 with him and either way wannstedt gets fird and the team is dismantled...now at least there aren't any false hopes
that was pretty negative, oh well

By Sc_Dad (Sc_Dad) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:23 pm: Edit

AH HA! THE REAL STORY..

MIAMI, Florida (Sports Network) - Former Miami Dolphins (news) running back Ricky Williams (news) reportedly failed a third drug test for the use of marijuana. According to the Thursday edition of the Miami Herald, Williams said the drug was a bigger reason for his retirement than he initially indicated. He also noted that he knew of his third failed drug test and a mandatory suspension that would have accompanied it prior to telling head coach Dave Wannstedt of his desire to stop playing football.

By Runrickyrun123 (Runrickyrun123) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 08:41 am: Edit

haha yeah...wow angry dolfans have already started www.screwricky.com, they have some nice shirts for sale in their store
geez im in desperate need for a new username

By Coqui (Coqui) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

too bad dolphins would have sucked with or without him. football blows anyways.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page