Cafe note from Sheeprun

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Cafe note from Sheeprun
By Sheeprun (Sheeprun) on Monday, July 26, 2004 - 10:04 am: Edit

Many of you seem to be missing the point of the College Confidential Cafe. You are creating threads that have absolutely NOTHING to do with college. There are postings being made which have no other purpose than to waste time.

I would like to see the College Confidential Cafe be more of a place where college-related subjects (that don't fit well into the other areas) be discussed. Please don't use it for games that merely waste everyone's time. Those kinds of posts are also very inconsiderate of the people who own this website and pay the bills for bandwidth. I'm quite sure they don't mind postings that reflect some kind of college-related humor or any serious discussion of nearly any topic.

Please do NOT start creating game threads that have some kind of artificial "college-related aura" about them---in an effort to get up very close to the line I am trying to define here. I will recognize that instantly and will deal with it in a not-too-friendly manner.

Not to sound like a stick in the mud, but summer is more than an opportunity to waste time during a vacation from school. Some of you are going off to college soon. Some of you will be applying soon. It is not too soon to start paying more attention to these upcoming events.

Your stuck in the mud,
<moderator>

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page