FELLOW COMPUTER GEEKS/TECHIES PLEASE HELP!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: FELLOW COMPUTER GEEKS/TECHIES PLEASE HELP!
By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Hey, my uncle just got a laptop (Toshiba Satellite A55 - the top of the line one with dvd burner and everything). So it has cool Centrino wifi connection thing (no need for a wireless card).

The laptop CAN SENSE the wireless network at my house. It can CONNECT to it. BUT, even though it's connected at 54mbps (or so it claims), it's not receiving any data and internet explorer doesn't even work for web sites. The house wireless network has an encryption code to access it, and I already inputted that. Everything seems fine...grrr.

This problem has never happened to me before. I installed a wireless card in my own laptop and my sister's desktop (of course that was with dlink and dlink software) and it was working fine.

How come this Centrino says its connected but it aint working. Please help if you know what to do to resolve this problem

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Maybe you're cursed.

(Sorry, I don't have any constructive input.)

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

n/m i figured it out. it was the freakin stupid network bridges! so simple

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW technophiles! Get away!

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Sunday, July 25, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

haha?

By Supernal_Being (Supernal_Being) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

Check to see if you have your wireless connection selected in the browser that you're using. I mean if you're using internet explorer, and under "connections" you have some dial up service selected, it won't connect with the wireless. I can help you, but I'll need more information. Also, it may say that it's connected, but if the your ISP doesn't have a port free for you, it won't actually transmit data. But hey, give me some more info, and I'll be happy to help you out.

By Supernal_Being (Supernal_Being) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

OH CRAP! I didn't read your post that said that yo figured it out!! Hm.. sorry! Then, I guess you don't need all that stuff that I typed up, lol.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page