Anyone here have a Mcjob?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone here have a Mcjob?
By Avidreader2006 (Avidreader2006) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

I have worked in the fast food industry for almost 1.5 years

McDonald's

Reasons why I hate McDonald's
-worked from 5/03-5/04
-$5.30 starting wage
-stupid managers
-my ending wage was $5.50 after I worked one FREAKIN year at Mcdonalds (My manager changed it to $5.95 after I B*T*HED at him b/c I couldn't take it anymore)
- I also found it interesting that all new hires who started during my last month of working at McDonald's got $5.85-$6.50 per hour! NONE OF THE NEW HIRES HAD ANY PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE!
-NEPOTISM, the manager's cousin got a high starting wage even though his cousin had never worked before
-White Shirts and light colored pants for a uniform
-'Nuff said

Wendy's
-6/04-Present
-starting wage of $6.25

Can anyone give me advice on where to work? I'm not happy with McDonald's or Wendy's.

If you have a Mcjob, list all of the things that make the place where you work a Mcjob.

By Invisible (Invisible) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 11:03 pm: Edit

Why not a restaurant where you can be a waiter and make tips? My friend gets good money. Only downside though, is that they tax your tips. Oh well.

By Gracious95 (Gracious95) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 11:21 pm: Edit

I have a McJob!

I work at McDonald's

11/02- present
- 6.50 starting wage
- I make 6.80 now :( Cheap people!!
- The job is cool and fun, and my managers and (most of) my coworkers are cool too, hence I'm still here
- Uniforms are red shirts for people 16 and over, and white shirts for 15 year olds, with tie, and black pants
I don't know what else to say about that...

"Why not a restaurant where you can be a waiter and make tips? My friend gets good money. Only downside though, is that they tax your tips. Oh well."

Those were the first jobs I looked at. Around here, you either have to be 18, or have experience. So, that sucked.

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

I heard waitressing/waitering is one of the worst part time jobs ever, unless you serve at a really nice ritzy upscale place where people know how to act properly.

If you are in or near a major city look at craigslist. Another good place to look for part-time jobs is this website that I am not allowed to post the URL of, but if you enter "snag a job" into google, the first site that comes up is very useful! Haha. =) Good luck.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:58 am: Edit

hmmm...waiting at ritzy places can be good...but in some areas it could be a nightmare

i had a couple of friends that worked at one of the country clubs in our area...they would always complain about how ridiculously cheap these people are even though they lived in multi-million dollar homes...they always tried to get thier meals and drinks comp. for stupid things...also tips weren't so great because they were highly critical of the service...u have to know how to pick-em...but hey a job is a job.

also i knew some people who worked at a lodge for elderly (where they would eat and have social events) they were about as bad as the people in the country club.

By Killertofu (Killertofu) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 08:48 am: Edit

I'm at work right now. I work for the government in good ol DC so I make about 11.25 an hour.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 09:45 am: Edit

McDonalds. I thought everyone who worked their gained weight. Plus, I couldn't handle an after school job. Next summer I will work at an SDA overnight camp for six weeks.

Free lodging and board.
Full time.
One day off a week.
About $600-$700 for those six weeks.
Various jobs: Cafeteria, activity staff, janitors, counslers (18+). I might work in cafeteria.

Plus, I find McDonald's food to be revolting...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page