Your Most Embarrassing Moment

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Your Most Embarrassing Moment
By Jello_Froggie (Jello_Froggie) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

hey everyone. i just thought it might be interesting to hear about other peoples' most embarrassing moments...

i'd like to hear some before i post mine because i'm still deciding what my MOST embarrassing moment is.

By Bee_Bee (Bee_Bee) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

change my mind, don't want you all to read

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

Ok I'll be the first to reveal mine! It's not THAT embarassing, actually quite funny, but I guess it's embarassing enough.

Anyway, my school has three stories. The sophomore and junior lockers are on the 3rd floor, the frosh lockers are on the 2nd, and the senior lockers are on the 1st floor. Last year, when I was a sophomore, my best friend was a freshman.

I was just walking and talking with her, being kind of silly, and I had to go up to my locker to get something and I asked her to go with me. And as we were walking, I started telling her how I had to train her and teach her how to walk up the 3rd flight because she'd be needing to do it the next year.

So, we walked up to the second floor... and as I was walking up the last steps that lead to the second floor, I said, "and after you walk up these steps, you have to turn like THIIIIIIS..." (to start going up the steps the 3rd floor). And RIGHT as I said "like THIS" I tripped over the last step and fell FLAT on my face, and my books were scattered EVERYWHERE.. and I was just laying there on my stomach!

Luckily there weren't a whole lot of people around, but my most hated teacher had been right there and everyone started laughing at me!!! I was laughing, too, of course, but it was still pretty embarssing.

Yeah I am pretty klutzy.

By Smhop (Smhop) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

My most embarrassing moment was when at a party, I met the host's sister; an obviously gay & very butch-like girl... and I blurted out... "Oh are you his brother?" (meaning to say: is he your brother?) I was mortified! Open mouth, insert foot.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:54 am: Edit

Once in cheerleading...when I accidentally started cheering for another school's basketball team when they scored. But I don't think THAT was my most embarrassing moment although it sticks out in my mind for some reason.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 02:57 am: Edit

Gah. I am bored. Well once I came home at 5AM and woke up at 7AM. Well I must have been crazy tired because when I got on the bus it seems that i put on my boxers on my head!!!!It was VERY VERY embarassing. I still cant remember whether I put on underwear on that day or not?!? hmmmmm. Though provoking.........

By Smhop (Smhop) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:22 am: Edit

Seriously, I laughed out loud when I read that.
That is sooo cute and funny!
=)

By Allena (Allena) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 03:55 am: Edit

When I lost my shirt in Spanish...

I was running late to Spanish one day so I was rushing to class. The teacher had are row up really close to the wall. Well, I ran into the class and did this nice little dive into my seat as the bell was ringing, it really was a thing of beauty, and almost always worked perfectly. Well as I went to dive into my seat, my shirt got stuck on a tack strip that went along the wall. In one swift move I found myself sitting at my desk with little more then a sleeve and a collar still on me. The rest of the shirt had stopped about 2 feet behind me. THe worst part, she would not let me continue class without a shirt (I would have been alright with that, thankfully I'm a guy!), and would not allow me to go get another shirt (I could have easily gotten another shirt in under 5 minutes.) Instead I had to sit there and staple my shirt back on. Needless to say, it was pretty embarssing.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 04:18 am: Edit

One time I had come home from a soccer tournament where we played 3 consecutive games and was incredibly tired. So I turned the water on to the shower, pulled back the curtain, put a foot in, then the other. All of a sudden, I feel myself slip, but I was too tired to grab onto the tiles or curtain so I was just like "Screw it" all of a sudden I slip and my one leg goes flying up in the air and my other shin hits the little bar of soap holder thing. So I am laying there in the shower with a deluge of water just hitting my face, and I cant move to do anything about it. Well it turns out that we had guests over the house, and they heard this incredible BANG coming from the bathroom upstairs..so now, there is a throng of people outside the door asking me "are you ok?!" , "what happened!?" so about 5 minutes later, I somehow roll out of the tub onto the bathroom floor, grab a towl, and while still on the floor open the bathroom door, right when I open the door, there are about 10 people in the hall looking at me on the floor as if I am a fish. Oh, and the guests...they were my uncles friends from Harvard. Safe to say the worst day in my life..

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 07:17 am: Edit

"they were my uncles friends from Harvard."

Haithman-I am sure people from HARVARD slip in showers too!!! they WERE human, WERE'NT they??

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 10:07 am: Edit

This happened recently. While I was at camp on the first day you have to take a swimming test to determine if you are allowed to go in the deep side. Well, I rarely swim. The last time I did was two years. I basically knew I would fail. The springs in High Springs at that camp is about 50 feet deep. Eight years ago, a boy drowned in there. So that's what I was basically thinking about. So here I am, my feet in the water, that lifeguard tellling me "It's either to do or not, hurry up." Under not circumstances you don't hurry someone up. So I have a quick debate with myself. So I stand up, my shoulders high and dive about 10 feet from the deck. I can't feel anything under me, so I start to panic, praying "God, save me. Angel help me." I float up and the water is so cold I start having a very bad asthma attack. My throat is gagging, I can hardly breathe. So I try to swim back to the deck but my arms hit the water so badly, they can't move. At this point, I'm drowning. I wanna yell out "Help" but I'm too embarrased to. This is the first day! I couldn't do that. So I'm literally trying to float. I'm sinking. The lifeguard doesn't notice me. My arms finally start to move again, but I forget all my swimming techniques. Suddenly, I think about a dog and start doggy swimming back. I finally reach the deck and climbing back up, so freaked out. I failed my test. But I almost died. Then one of my just-made friends start laughing at me, "You should have just seen yourself out there, that was hysterical!" she later tells me.
This day was the worst day of my life.

By Killertofu (Killertofu) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 10:40 am: Edit

One time..............at band camp............

nothing happened.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 10:44 am: Edit

i went band camp once. i was a clarinet player. the guys would tell us how....

i'll stop.

By Courtbroadway17 (Courtbroadway17) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 11:44 am: Edit

Okay, to get this back...

When I was a sophomore I was in the my state's All State Chorus for the first time. We were performing in a gym, because the theater was too small. So it was May and the hottest day in May and all the performers were wearing long black skirts and that is just bad. Well the gym got to be in the 100s so when the chorus started performing (on bleachers) I started to feel dizzy, and I wanted to sit down, but the concert was being filmed, and I thought that would look stupid. The next thing I knew I was lying on the gym floor with a strangers head over mine asking me if I was okay. I had passed out during the concert because of the heat, and because I had locked my knees (oops.) Luckily, I am short, so I was on the gym floor, not on a bleacher, and I didn't cause too much of a disruption. Yeah, so that was pretty embarrassing. This year at All State we performed in an air conditioned theater, and I didn't pass out.

By Jello_Froggie (Jello_Froggie) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:34 pm: Edit

Well here goes my most embarrassing moment, or atleast it's the best I can think of...

A few years ago on Halloween night I was with all of my friends at my church. (I know being at church on Halloween is kinda dumb, but it was still early so I went out later with my friends.) So anyway, there's this haunted hay ride that all these little kids and their families go on while my friends and I pop out of coffins and from behind trees to scare them (we all were wearing scary costumes). Then when we hear the little bell on the tracker, we're supposed to get ready to scare the kids. So I popped out of the coffin and I hear a huge "RIIIIIIIIIIIP!" The pants part of my costume had gotten caught on a damn nail and had ripped down from the top so everyone could see my underwear. All the little kids and their parents and grandparents were there looking at me. And to top it off, this guy I really liked at the time was there! AHH! I wanted to die right then.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

Ah ha, another clothes ripping story. Here it goes.
During AP language in 11th grade (with tons of people I knew as well as many debate boys ) my friend made a good comment and so I stood up and clapped for her (because that's the kind of girl I am). When I sat back down in my chair, my skirt got caught in the back and ripped all the way up to the waistband. I had to shimmey out of class backward! I didn't have any other clothes, so my friend lent me some clothes (except she is about a foot shorter, which made the sweat pants I had on look like really weird capris. What's worse is that I had on pumps and nylons...worst fashion statement ever.

By Allena (Allena) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

It's funny how many of our lives have been changed by our clothes ripping. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page