Anyone going to college for a reason other than MONEY later

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone going to college for a reason other than MONEY later
By Trolley_5204 (Trolley_5204) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

(Subject should read: Anyone going to college for a reason other than MONEY later on/down the road?)

Survey question; please keep it friendly.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:18 am: Edit

I want to learn.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:20 am: Edit

i want to experience my culture...meet new people in a new area...learn tools to make it (yes i guess for money)...and to be in washington because i like politics.

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

Meet people with similar interests, learn, feel a sense of accomplishment, complete some goals, be able to work in an exciting career, and yes, money too.

By Zero (Zero) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 01:33 am: Edit

to be able to move to the west coast and have my parents pay for it.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:36 am: Edit

also i feel like this is the best way for me to grow...instead of just leaving and starting out (which is highly unpractical) im easing my way out into the world by moving out, living 3,000 miles away from home and meeting new people...it should be great!! :)

money a necessity to live the typical modern life...however its not everything...im not living and going to school just to make money for what...to say hey look i have money guys...no im going to learn skills so im able to help people in a broad arena...bigger than my small community/high school....

sorry i ruined ur poll...just had to give me 2 cents.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:36 am: Edit

I want to learn as much as I can, meet new people, gain friends with similar interests, and hopefully just become a better person and grow.

Mind you, college does not guarantee financial success

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:44 am: Edit

Mind you, college does not guarantee financial success...I TOTALLY AGREE...i know someone who went to YALE...AND THEY ARE FLAT BROKE...ITS UP TO U!!!

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:45 am: Edit

TROLLEY: what is ur position...where do u stand?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 02:48 am: Edit

If you don't know how to apply your skills or work hard, you won't get anywhere. As Doctor Octavius said in Spider Man 2 (along these lines): "I hear you're brilliant, but lazy... brilliance alone does nothing, you have to work hard to get what you really want".

By Anglophile (Anglophile) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:20 am: Edit

I'm going to college for lack of a better idea.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:48 am: Edit

Sadly Iam going to college to make money . Oh well....

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 08:22 am: Edit

Honestly, to flee from my family and so one day I can live in London to work for BBC as a foreign correspondent.

There is no way I'm taking advantage of Bright Futures!

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 12:39 pm: Edit

Going to college to become hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. I think the money question is comppletely out of it.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 12:43 pm: Edit

Yay for scholarships and debt free college! hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HA!

Sorry, I need to go confess this now.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

Going to college to learn everything about the backstage art of theatre, so I can have a career doign the thing I love most and get up everyday to be excited to go to work not dreading a day at a desk. - Belive me if I am in it for money- it's the wrong profession.

By Smhop (Smhop) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

Also going far in debt for college-- prob about 60k. I am going because I want to finish what I started, and I want to be able to fulfill some intrinsic goals (money is not one of them.)

By Philntex (Philntex) on Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

I wanna learn SOMEthin'!!! Yeah, 'cause high school just isn't doing the trick for me. Seriously, I want to be challenged BIG time in college, so that's why I'm going: to be challenged both academically and socially.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page