The Hall of Fame of: SONGS THAT GET STUCK IN UR HEAD!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: The Hall of Fame of: SONGS THAT GET STUCK IN UR HEAD!!
By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:17 am: Edit

Hello and welcome to The Hall of Fame...im ur tour guide Magoo in this section we will take a look back at songs that get stuck in our heads!!!

from Hanson's Mmm-bop, to The Macarena, pop music is full of really cheesy songs that we can't get enough of...please share with me the songs that get stuck in your head...maybe posting them will finally get it out

currently that BBC song from Austin Powers is playing over and over in my head!!

u know the one...

mrs...will ya...make me tea...make luv to me...turn on the tele, TO THE BBC...YEAH YEAH YEAH...BBC 1, BBC 2...ok that's enough!

please join me in celebrating the most magically catchy (or annoying) songs that u can think of.

post away!! :)

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:27 am: Edit

Oh Canada
my home and native land true patriot love in all thy sons command. With glowing hearts we see thee rise the true north strong and free and stand on guard oh canada we stand on guard for thee. God keep our land glorious and free oh canada we stand on guard for thee. Oh canada we stand on guard for thee.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 06:26 am: Edit

wake me up before you go-go

By Marc_Posth (Marc_Posth) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 06:53 am: Edit

LOL...classic song..WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO...
Somehow I always picture that Freak Fire Accident in Zoolander.

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

All the Things She Said by t.A.T.u.

"...all the things she said, all the things she said, running through my head, running through my head, running through my head. this... is... not... enooouuugghh!!"

By Smhop (Smhop) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

well, thanks, now that I have read this thread, I have the above mentioned songs all jumbled up in my head. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 02:47 pm: Edit

HOOBASTANK - "THE REASON"

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 02:55 pm: Edit

The ultimate for anyone that has been to one of the Disney parks is It's a Small World! That stayed in my head on the flight home!

By Spit (Spit) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

Kanye West- Through The Wire, but not alot of people (including me) know the lyrics so its mostly just "bloehwuruahdudeedum WIRE dumedaduuum dah daaaaah (Trying desperately to hit the note and stay in tune) dumda WIRE"

Maybe its just me...

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

nah...happens to me too.

hey anyone remember that blue man group they had that really annoying song..."im blue"

just curious

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Magoo, it's called Eiffel 65.

And yes; "Blue" should be added to this list!

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 05:42 pm: Edit

milkshake (that song that goes.. "my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and damn right.. it's better than yours)

ughh i hate it

By Smhop (Smhop) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 07:33 pm: Edit

alongfortherride, so true!!!

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

Eiffel 65 "Blue" is defintely one of them.
Milkshake by Kelis
Barbie Girl by Aqua.
Toxic by Britney Spears

I love Toxic. I'm addicted to you, don't you know that your toxxx ic! Toxic in your mouth, with your love and now, I think I'm ready now.

GO BRITNEY!

By Phantom (Phantom) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Commercial jingles for me mainly.

"Life is good, life is sweet, grab yourself a front row seat...
Meet me at Foxwoods"

During Christmas time it's:

"The Hess truck's back and it's better than ever..."

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people starting singing it not knowing how it goes and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends...

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:33 pm: Edit

can't get ya outta my head for your life is all i think about. - kylie minogue

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

IM SCARED!

By Philntex (Philntex) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

"The Sign" -- Ace of Base. Been stuck in my head for 12 years and counting...

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

Philntex, you suck. Now it's stuck in MY head

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:43 pm: Edit

i saw the sign and opened up my eyes i saw the sign...

ugh...why did i create this thread...it only causes headaches and nausea

OHHH...any boyz II men song...with thier cheesy base lines.

i'll make luv to u, like u want me too, and i'll hold u tight, baby all through the night i'll make luv to u like u want me too and i will not let go 'til u tell me toooooo....DA-NA-NA...

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:48 pm: Edit

DAMIT NOW ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD...I'LL MAKE LUV TO U...ITS SO CHEESY I FEEL LIKE SERENADING SOME GIRL

anyone...any volunteers :)

AND I WILL NOT LET GO 'TIL U TELL ME TOOOO!!!...(that's kinda scary).

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:52 pm: Edit

I've been kissed by a rose on the shore (is it shore) oo-oo the more I get of you the stranger the feeling yee-ah, now that your rose is in bloom, the light hits the moon on the shore. dada dah da dah da da da da dadad da da da da da dah da dah da dadadadadadada

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:18 pm: Edit

I know two of the catchiest songs of all time. They were number 1 hits in almost every country except for the U.S. last year. (Americans are so out of it when it comes to international music...)

These songs are the Ketchup Song, and the Cheeky Song(made by two very different pop groups from two very different countries). Download these songs at your own risk. (These songs will stick to you for sure.)

By Zero (Zero) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:41 pm: Edit

right now i can't get that damn yellowcard song out of my mind..."here i go, scream my lungs out..."
blah.

By Philntex (Philntex) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

HaHA! i TOLD you. and yeah, it sucks...majorly. I've nearly had friendships ended because of the song. *shakes head*

and btw, Geniusash, that song and I had a beautiful love affair back when I was ten. Thanks for bringing back the good memories. Wasn't the guy's name who sang that song Seal or something? Yeah, what happened to him? That song rocked...eh, maybe it's just me.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:02 pm: Edit

Yep, seal. I distinctly remember running errands with my mom one day and EVERY STORE had that somg playing

By Philntex (Philntex) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

yeah, I heard it playing the other day in a McDonald's restroom. I had to stay in there a couple extra minutes until the song finished, hehe.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

i know a song that gets on everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves, everybody's nerves! i know a song that gets on everybody's nervers! and this is how it goes...dum dum dum (repeat x1232323)

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

Chapter322...what are u talking about i heard that stupid song and the dance that goes with it.

not all americans are out of the loop

By Jimster0489 (Jimster0489) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Songs stuck in my head right now:

"Pieces of Me" & "Autobiography" -- Ashlee Simpson
"Float On" -- Modest Mouse
"Get Out [Leave]" -- JoJo

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:59 pm: Edit

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YYYYYYYAAAAAAAA

All songs by outkast marinate in my head.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 12:06 am: Edit

oh gosh, I can't stand Hey Ya. aaaahahahah

Does the serenading offer still stand?

By Chocoman (Chocoman) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 12:57 am: Edit

Blind Melon - No Rain

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

oh fo' sho. (or: why yes, it does)

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 01:43 am: Edit

And we all float on alright....(repeat 50 times) I love that song though! It makes me feel happy.

Oh yea Magoo...well of course you are "in the know."

*fa sho/for sure, lol*

By Glamourbaby19 (Glamourbaby19) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:39 am: Edit

Oh god! Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun!" Anyone know it?

"Goodbye my friend it's hard to die; when all the birds are singing in the sky..."

That song will be the end of me.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 10:49 am: Edit

Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme

But hey, I'm not complaining. :)

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Christina Milian- Dip it Low
Sisqo- Thong Song

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:57 am: Edit

this is wierd...i'm NOT a Marilyn Manson fan but for some reason i have the song "dope show" stuck in my head...

"lots of pretty, pretty ones..."

maybe its from i love the 90's they talked about him.

By Smartblond (Smartblond) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 10:48 am: Edit

Has anyone else found themselves humming "Jingle Bells" in the middle of July??? But really... once you learn the lyrics to "Accidentally in Love" .... it NEVER leaves your head!

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:09 pm: Edit

"Float On" is not a bad song to have stuck in your head, it's a very happy song :) .

"Weapon of Choice" by Fat Boy Slim. Not that bad either, just picture Christopher Walken dancing around a hotel and it makes you happy.

"Me and My Monkey"- Robbie Williams. Mariachi horns! Dungarees and rollerblades!

"Island in the Sun"- Weezer

"Dirt Off Your Shoulder"- JayZ. Now tune into the mother-••••••• greatest!

I'm sure more will pop into my head soon. Luckily I never get songs that are too annoying stuck in my head.

By Riflesforwatie (Riflesforwatie) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:21 pm: Edit

"Can't Get You Out of My Head" by Kylie Minogue

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 01:23 pm: Edit

ROTF, I forgot Kylie Minogue is a singer; I use that name for all my e-mail accounts!

...n/m it's not funny...

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 04:46 pm: Edit

Ahhhhh....so.....many....songs....stuck....in.... head.....

ive had this song stuck in my head forever...

Sweet dreams are made of these,
who am i to disagree
travelled the world and the seven seas
everybody.....

ahhhhhh

By Disappear_Here (Disappear_Here) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 05:16 pm: Edit

chumbawumba - i get knocked down

ugh

By Wonduhbread (Wonduhbread) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 05:36 pm: Edit

you guys have hit the major ones, really. a big one for me is any song by ABBA. Like Ace of Base, ya know? Those Swedes have us in their power.

here's another good one. how bout i don't wanna know?

If you're playing me, keep it on the low. Cuz, my heart can't take it anymore! And if you're creeping PLEASE don't let it show. Oh baby. I don't wanna know.

ALL. FREAKIN'. DAY.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

Has anyone else found themselves humming "Jingle Bells" in the middle of July??? But really... once you learn the lyrics to "Accidentally in Love" .... it NEVER leaves your head!

HOLY SH!T !!!

WHAT A COINCIDENCE...i had that song stuck in my head the other day ago for noo reason!!!

"Can't Get You Out of My Head"...how ironic (wait, that's not irony...ur a fake )

Sisqo- Thong Song...

"Christina Milian- Dip it Low"...i like that song :)

By Killertofu (Killertofu) on Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 09:38 pm: Edit

I love Toxic. I'm addicted to you, don't you know that your toxxx ic! Toxic in your mouth, with your love and now, I think I'm ready now. >>

Intoxicate me now with your lovin' now I think I'm ready now.

By Julieswimmer23 (Julieswimmer23) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I'm stuck on bandaid brand because bandaid's stuck on me!

OMG... being a lifeguard sitting up on chair for a half hour getting songs stuck in your head is not fun... but it is fun to watch other lifeguards who do get songs stuck in their heads and they start singing them or dancing to them when they're on shallow walk... lol

That and because i went to the naval academy summer seminar the naval academy alma mater "Navy Blue and Gold" is stuck in my head... that is what I get for going to NASS and singing that song every night before we went to bed... and now that I'm going to west point knowing that song can get me in trouble :-p

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Phantom: I can't believe that someone else actually gets the Foxwoods song stuck in their heads! I live in Kentucky, where there is no Foxwoods of course, but that commercial used to come on all the time when I was over my grandparent's house in MA.

"Take a chance, make it happen, pop the cork, fingers snappin, spin the wheel, round and round we go . . ."

That "I Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie and the Blowfish is another one that gets in my head alot.

By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Ashlee Simpson--Pieces of Me!!

Can't get it outttttt

By Dm101 (Dm101) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

"oh mickey, you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey mickey, *claps* hey mickey"

By Kmw11187 (Kmw11187) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:16 pm: Edit

For some reason I have "How Far" stuck in my head...but only one part...and I can't - FOR THE LIFE OF ME - REMEMBER THE REST OF THE WORDS!! UUGGHH!

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 09:44 pm: Edit

How Far by who?

By Ericlu87 (Ericlu87) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 03:27 am: Edit

beach boys - wouldnt it be nice muahahhahah

By Spit (Spit) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 08:47 am: Edit

can't get ya outta my head for your life is all i think about. - kylie minogue>>

I just can't get you out of my head, boy your lovin' is all I think about.

Poison Ivy, your version of "Toxic" and "Cant get you outta my head" and great too though =D

By Victimofapathy (Victimofapathy) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 01:11 pm: Edit

Such great Heights- The Postal Service (has been stuck in my head for daysss)
and
Girl, Inform Me- The Shins (has also been stuck in my head for days)

Float On is really catchy, and I honestly don't mind having it stuck in my head.
Pieces of Me is the most annoying song EVER. I despise Ashlee Simpson, and her stupid hair. That song is constantly in my head.
I hate getting songs in another language stuck in my head. Then, when I want to sing them, I only know the basic sounds and not the actual words, so I sound like an idiot.

Abba has some really catchy, terrible songs. "Mamma-mia, here I go again..." Ugh.

By Kmw11187 (Kmw11187) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

Lusifersam- by Martina McBride...its a new song

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:27 pm: Edit

LOL. I'm terrible with song lyrics. I love Ashlee Simpson!

That Hilary Duff song - Our Lips Are Sealed. I find myself actually liking that crap now....

By Citrus (Citrus) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 02:59 pm: Edit

YES! THE FOXWOODS SONG!!!!!

The wonder of it all....

By Zhou (Zhou) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Now Avril's latest hit is bombing my ears:"Don't leave me hangin' in a city so dead,held up so high on such a breakable thread...So much for my happy ending."

Yeah,Go Avril!

By Pianolover25 (Pianolover25) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

purple rain by prince

By Khan (Khan) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 03:45 pm: Edit

"This land is your land, this land is my land..."

The jibjab folks got that impounded in my head (very funny Bush/Kerry parody). I can't get it out of my head.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

The ultimate for anyone that has been to one of the Disney parks is It's a Small World! That stayed in my head on the flight home

OMG
My sister when she was about 6 sang this for weeks straight.
Another fave ;-( is always Tommorow from Annie
But the one that most gets stuck in my head is Y.M.C.A

By Boogzaiyo (Boogzaiyo) on Sunday, August 01, 2004 - 08:49 pm: Edit

i recall being unable to sleep all night with jessica simpson's "with you" stuck in my head for the fifth day straight...

it was a nightmare, especially considering how much i hate the song

By Xocutiecoley (Xocutiecoley) on Monday, August 02, 2004 - 03:29 am: Edit

Funny thread.. did anyone else go through this entire post and read through all the songs and sing them or hum them to yourself.. i know i sure did. Definitely some classics!

I love brush your shoulders of!!! LOVE IT!

I really like dashboard a lot!!! some of my favorites is of course.. hands down, as lovers go, saints and sailors, so impossible, vindicated, ughh soo many more!!

-has anyone heard the tipsy remix with murphy lee and chingy.. its very good

-story of the year-anthem of our dying day is cool too! that song.. until the day we die is one of my favorites!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page