What do you look for in a girl/guy?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What do you look for in a girl/guy?
By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

I'm tired of those "Do white guys have a thing for..." Seriously. Now, all you inquiring girls get your info here. Those threads.... I can't stand those.

I like in a guy that can make me laugh and laugh good. I like guys who are sensitive to an extent. I like intellucals. I also want him to be able to find beauty in the things that society denys (aka. a photo journalist). I also like the type of guy who will be my best friend like I could play Twister or ran after him for the fun of it. I hate cockiness, guys who think about getting laid. But I like manipulative behavior (and again to an extent). I hate touchy feely stuff. I need my space.

Now, all the girls who like Magoo or Idiias or Haithman can know what he likes... Tired of those threads.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I want a girl who is totally honest with me... I cannot stand people that tell lies. A lie only buys so much time before it explodes and makes things worse. Someone who would be devoted... hm, and able to have good conversations/someone intelligent. I also hate submission sometimes; it's nice when a girl knows what she wants and doesn't hesitate to bring it up. I've been with too many "Whatever you'd like to do" girls. Just someone who I can be myself around and have fun with on a regular basis. I think a relationship should help both people grow.

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

this is useless. everyone will say, or a combination of, this:

attractive
honest
kind
compassionate
loyal
funny
sense of humor
generous
sexy
lots of fun

By Zero (Zero) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:58 pm: Edit

duke, throw in similar in (movies/music/art) and/or similar political/religious views and your list is complete.

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:59 pm: Edit

Why, yes, Duke3d4, I believe you are correct. I don't really care about them except the last two.

Sexy
Lots of fun

Combine them, and, voila! I only look for girls "y (and) lots of fun sex"

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:39 pm: Edit

intelligence
eloquence
wit
generosity
power (as in strength)
affection

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

lol, I am not a lesbian but still posted here...

By Buddnutz (Buddnutz) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

tolerance of people's differences, acceptance of the fact that people generally search for different things in each other and life in general. No two people ever search for the same thing in life, and no two people ever find the exact same thing. Life is a unique experience for all, and my dream girl is the one who wants to enjoy life on her own, and with me, yet still let me enjoy mine as well.

And a huge butt

By Battleofny (Battleofny) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 02:02 am: Edit

1. cute (5'6 brown hair, brown eyes)
2. down-to-earth
3. some sort of sense of humor
4. doesn't have to be "smart" but can't be ditzy

By Zero (Zero) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 02:43 am: Edit

green eyes

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 02:47 am: Edit

What I look for in a guy:
-Nice eyes, smile, and good hair
-friendly
-warm personality
-bright and can carry on a conversation about lots of different things well
-sexy
-playful
-around 5'8-5'11
-a good listener
-considerate/thoughtful
-a great sense of humor
-exciting
-likes being social or doing things... I want a guy to be able to go with me and have fun
-is open minded
-not arrogant
-does not flirt with every other girl
-wants a relationship that is not just about sexual activity
BONUS: Gives good back rubs.

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 08:05 am: Edit

If you are a guy, and you have laugh lines, and I don't like you right off the bat, I will do everything I can to MAKE myself like you.

Laugh lines are my ultimate weakness. AHHHH!!!!

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:34 am: Edit

-Fun to be with

That's it! But chances are, that won't happen.

Some of you guys are being really picky. Do you actually get girls/guys that fall under every one of your categories?

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:24 am: Edit

Yeah, they come somewhat close. As long as they meet the really important criteria, that's all that matters. The other stuff is just ideal/extra perks.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

okay... a huge butt. like do you mean the kind in those rape videos? i think that's too huge...

By Dragonreborn (Dragonreborn) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Most people look for those with good looks, good personality, good background and blah blah blah...I mean..who wouldn't? But if you really think about it, it is not easy to find such person who fulfills all these requirements and at the same time, truly loves you. You might stumble across your dream boy or dream gurl while walking one day. But it doesn't mean that something will blossom between you or that he/she will love you.
Everyone here looks for this special someone who will love them for who they are and not because of looks and such. Even the most ugliest can touch your heart. It is a matter of the depth of your understanding of the other and love for the other.
I don't think I'm making much sense here...

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:52 pm: Edit

i like girls that laugh at my stupid jokes and basically have a good vibe for being around me. i'd like a girl who can play both cards; shy and outgoing. i tend to be attracted to the shy girls but like more outgoing personalities(you can see where i generally run into problems). brains are a must and i like girls who talk. i like to talk, but i like to listen just as much. i like girls with their own sense of style and generally accept the things that i'm into culture wise(music/art/etc), but this doesn't mean she has to enjoy them as much as i do. finally, i'd like a girl who can enjoy being around my friends yet give me space when i need it at the same time.

the things i find attractive:
-short hair
-pretty eyes/smile
-nerd glasses

**i tend to like cute as opposed to hot girls

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:56 pm: Edit

"a huge butt. like do you mean the kind in those rape videos? i think that's too huge..."

Excuse me, but what??

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 01:39 pm: Edit

OMG, eyesclosedtight, we'd be perfect for each other. lol.

Voodochile, huh?

By Topper (Topper) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:11 pm: Edit

What I look for in a guy...hmmm:

Smarts (both common and book sense) and honesty, most definitely. I'm okay if he's kind of a clown, but he needs to have his serious moments, as well. He'll probably end up being ambitious, generous, a good listener, a good hugger (and kisser), someone who reads a lot, someone who likes animals and his mom, and someone who respects my ambition to have my own career. It'd help if he could dance well (NOT grinding: I'm talking about the swing) and played an instrument. Good looks would help things along but certainly are not necessary. Ahhh, so many things (and I'm sure there are more that I didn't mention)! Or I could just become a hermit/ old maid and write my Great American Novel in a little cottage with my ten cats.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

Yes, Topper. I forgot serious moments are a must. I like guys would try to hold back their feelings.

Things I Find Attractive -
Nice smile
Accents
Smarts
Playful (like a dog, sorry...)

By Chamonix (Chamonix) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

How many guys can dance well, honestly?

And it seems (at least in the movies) that girls always fall for guys with accents.

By Iamthewalrus (Iamthewalrus) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

a girl that can can play Etude in C minor on the piano and can cook

By Missegg (Missegg) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 05:32 pm: Edit

That's because accents are so incredibly sexy...the most important thing I look for in a guy is the ability to converse with me..they don't always have to be deep conversations, but they have to be conversations. Also, there's nothing wrong with a nice butt, specially in cowboy jeans...yummy

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 06:18 pm: Edit

Butts are also overrated... Cowboy jeans...uhh... I'm a back girl.

I looovveee deep intense conversations, like confessionals...

By Missegg (Missegg) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 07:56 pm: Edit

i guess it's just the redneck girl in me, but a nice butt shoved into a tight pair of wranglers...beautiful...

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

I like whatever everyone else finds unattrative.

Less competition that way.

By Topper (Topper) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

I guess, as a guy, you really have to make me laugh to have a chance. You also have to be willing to get along with my crazy (but lovable) family. I tend to fall for skinnier, taller guys when it comes to physicality, but I don't think that's ultimately going to matter. Deep conversations are definitely a must, Ivy. Like hours on the phone, and taking breaks to dry your laundry....(how my parents got to know each other)....sigh....oh, and, he'll probably have to put up with all my silly romanticism, but never call it silly to my face.

P.S. Chamonix, unfortunately, the only guys I know who can shag or swing have taken a few sessions of Cotillion - yechhh.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 04:16 am: Edit

"Now, all the girls who like Magoo or Idiias or Haithman can know what he likes"
-YES, now all you can know what I like in a girl..

-any height really would suffice, just not like 6'2. That would make me feel like your b****
-intellectual
-ditzy...but that can get boring after a while
-great hair
-inviting eyes
-easy to talk to and express feelings
-classy
-FASHIONABLE. I cannot stress this enough ladies, you need to be able to dress to be with me. A cardinal rule if you will lol
-can tolerate my obsession of soccer
-likes to cuddle (yes I am a cuddler )
-likes Chipotle, Taco Bell, Cheesesteaks, or the Cheesecake Factory..
-funny
-and of course, cute...this doesnt have to mean looks (plus of course), but in her actions

By Gidget (Gidget) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:57 am: Edit

Sporty- active (no couch potatoes)
A sense of adventure
Fun
Unpredictable

By Mahras (Mahras) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:20 am: Edit

Airight, I am bored because I have nothing to do at work today. So here are my criteria:

-hot, attractive: Hotness does NOT equal to slutiness. My definition of hot is extremely good looking and knows how to emphasize those looks.

-Height in the range of 5 ft 3-5ft 6: I am just 5ft 8 so cannot be taller than me. Soweie:(

-Nice features but not abnormally large: breats are nice but huge F cups on 5ft 1in girls are not kewl, not kewl at all. haha.

-Knowledgable about the world and has some book smarts: Here is where I get bummed. Everytime I find a girl that is insanely hot, I also find that her IQ would equal to her anoroxic weight. :(

-Is very cool to hang with: self explanatory. Can keep up conversation etc.

-Likes me for who I am rather than only my extreme sexiness . j/k

-Knows how to tease: Okay I know some of you will get the wrong impression. I dont mean that when we are together, she gets naked and starts masturbating. I mean she must not be easy to get. In my subconscious mind: easy to get=huge slut. And sluts are not kewl.

-What else, what else, oh yea the person must laugh at my jokes which may sometimes be very stupid and obscene. :)

-She must also know the boundaries: For example, all of a sudden during Thanksgiving she can't be bi***ing about going to the mall when I am concentrating on the football game.

Thats about it people. I have not yet found such a girl but maybe in the near future. May be.

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 12:17 pm: Edit

Mahras- "In my subconscious mind: easy to get=huge slut. And sluts are not kewl. "

a-men to that one, bro.

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 03:03 pm: Edit

no BAD TEETH!!

they don't have to be perfectly spaced and bleached, but yellow and snaggly is definitely not going to cut it (and, in my experience anyways, nasty teeth tend to bring with them bad breath)

that's pretty much the only physical quality I care about in a guy

By Idiias (Idiias) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:23 pm: Edit

"Now, all the girls who like Magoo or Idiias or Haithman can know what he likes..."

lol and for me the perfect girl would have:
the looks of LilDv.
the sense of humor of Zantedeschia.
the intelligence of Wishful_Thinker.
the ditziness of Princess_banana.
the wisdom of mom101.
the sarcasm of Poision_Ivy.

and above all, the car of ml41588....

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Mahras, just cause a girl is easy to get does NOT mean she is a slut. 40% of my friends are easy to get, but they ain't slut. (had to use ain't know the effect) I just had to make the aware.

I have this addiction with Taco Bell.

He has to accept me for who I am.
He has to want to get to know me better.
Sarcasm, cockiness, egosticial (however you spell that), no no.
Not too tall like 5'8 or 5'9. I like the fact that I don't have to look up to smile at him.
He has to have an obession (not bad) but a good but unhealthy obession, it shows dedication.
Willing to get drunk on some occasions (like three times at year). It's funny..

By Lildv (Lildv) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 08:47 pm: Edit

oh good. i'm part of the perfect girl.

By Lildv (Lildv) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:02 pm: Edit

hmmm what I look for in a guy:
~Sense of humor is the #1 thing...I love to laugh so anyone who can make me laugh is great
~But with humor, they need to know when to be serious too, and be able to carry on an intelligent conversation
~looks wise: tall (even though i'm 5'1") I usually go for over 6', a tan is always nice. Great smile and pretty eyes, and arms and hands... strong looking arms and hands are a must... don't know why.
~Polite... I have good manners so they should too.
~Sarcasm... I'm pretty sarcastic and unless they have the same sense of humor...they dont get it.
~must like chipotle...my favorite place to eat
~Fun to be around
~Well dressed

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:20 pm: Edit

SECRET TO WHAT ASIAN GUYS WANT!!! ALERT READ THIS AT ONCE!!!!!!!!

Catholic girls that can play the piano better than they can themselves

Cute facial features

Girls from rich families

Intelligence

How we go about achieving this: Drive our Honda civics at full clutch, Gel our hair, Pretend we got the goods down under, but despite our goofiness we still love to make you smile like this :).

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

Idiias~
Two can play at that game. Ladies let's mix CCs into the perfect man mine would have-

The attitude and sense of humor of Jenesaispas
The interest and attention of Magoo
The eccentricity and creativity of Noodleman
The innuendo making abilities of NYCneedhelp
The intelligence of Xiggi
The musical ability of Yo Yo Ma (alright, maybe he's not on this site...)

By Rachelvishy (Rachelvishy) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:49 pm: Edit

Mahras, I hope your post was only half-serious, because otherwise you sound like a total idiot. No offense or anything.

P.S. I hope that I do indeed have your intelligence, even though I am "insanely hot" and am "anoroxic"

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:59 pm: Edit

ok, this the first time i've joined this thread it seems like a lot of fun (wonder why i didn't sooner)

ne ways the qualities that i look for are:

Intelligence...it would be nice every now and then to have a talk that doesn't revolve around superficial stuff.

the ability to have fun/spontaneous...not to mention the fact that i wont some one to laugh AT ALL MY JOKES (OR ELSE), i need someone that can keep up with me when im out of the house...i don't like to sit in corners...i like to get out there and have fun (very important)

ok to balance that last one out i would prefer someone who could hang out with me on a slow night and watch a movie/talk or whatever...life isn't one big party u need to relax sometimes.

ummm...the next would be that she needs to have some sort of appeal about her (maybe she's cute/attractive...maybe she is stylish...wait that's another one i like girly girls i guess u can call it...ones who sometimes like to dress well)

there is no set formul...most girls are different...so i back away from generalizations

basically if she is honest...outgoing(likes to be outdoors)...attractive (i wont lie...but its not like u have to be a super model)...likes food...

u get my point...

i've rambled on...so i'll stop and post later :)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:10 pm: Edit

Idiias, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Geniusash. Having troubles?

lol, but thanks! Someone thinks I have a sense of humor =)

Anyway, what I look for:
--Someone easy to talk to and can make me laugh
--Someone smart or at least ambitious
--Preferably tall (6'2" is perfect but anything above 6' is great)
--A cuddler
--Someone who is confident
--And my person HAS TO smell good. yumm
--And green eyes are a plus.

And I usually like the sensitive types, because I thought they couldn't hurt you, but they can, so I'm looking for a hot jerk now =)

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

dam...everyone here wants a tall man!!!

im only 5'11"...ISN'T THAT ENOUGH! :)

Note to female posters: make an exception...FOR ME !!!

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

lol ok, i'll make a one inch exception if you stand up real straight.

But you're too nice to be a hot jerk, Magoo.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

hot jerk...is that what ur looking for?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:30 pm: Edit

umm, do you even read the other posts? ^^^

but no, that was mostly a joke, i'm only looking for a hot jerk as a summer fling. I usually like nice guys.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:32 pm: Edit

no i didn't read the rest of the thread...i guess i didn't make it that clear in my first post

oh well :)

By Mrbesch (Mrbesch) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:57 pm: Edit

poison ivy said- "Mahras, just cause a girl is easy to get does NOT mean she is a slut. 40% of my friends are easy to get, but they ain't slut. (had to use ain't know the effect) I just had to make the aware."

Well, I think he meant easy to get as in "will bang you without knowing your last name." I don't think he meant it as in that he wants a girl to play hard to get. Just because a girl doesn't play hard to get doesn't mean she's a slut, that is true.

I really don't like sluts. There are too many where I live. Oh well, at least they provide fodder for my jokes :)

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

how do girls feel about guys who wear tight jeans???

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:27 pm: Edit

How tight?
I like them tight around the butt, but not like i can see your whole crotch tight.

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

if you're going to embarass yourself wearing tight jeans you might as well just buy some spandex, it's cheaper

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

lol
all the superheros do it

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:33 pm: Edit

im wearing spandex right now!

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 01:38 am: Edit

i'm mostly a tight around the butt kind of guy, but you know... anything goes...

By Missegg (Missegg) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 03:48 am: Edit

it depends I guess...if you gotta the legs for it, by all means, wear some cowboy jeans...heck even if you don't, doesn't hurt to try ;) i LOOOOVVVEEEE cowboys that smell good!

By Idiias (Idiias) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 03:54 am: Edit

"Idiias, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about Geniusash. Having troubles?"

no, we're doing great, thanks.

and ultimately I look for a girl that's attractive, outgoing, and most importantly has big dreams.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 08:24 am: Edit

Poison Ivy,

Read MrBesch's post. Thats what I meant. I had trouble with that once. Was definately a turn off.

By Copper45 (Copper45) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Good-looking, interesting, smart, not too opinionated

By Silent_Angel (Silent_Angel) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

i dislike tight jeans... but i dont like ultra baggy pants that expose 5 - 7 in of underwear.
my likes: *pretty much everything my bf is*
bout 5'9
dark brown hair
blue/green/grey eyes *they change color day to day*
great smile, teeth needs to be MOSTLY straight if not completely *a lil crookedness can be sexy in a way*
nice built arms *but not like the body builders or pro wrestlers*
flat stomach but not necessarily showing every single muscle
semi tan
has to smell sexy.. that immediately gets me interested
i like how the guys wear brief or boxer breifs and let the top lay a lil above the hip and the pants worn with a belt right on the hip or a lil below. lettin the top of the briefs exposed when u lift up the shirt
i like short curly hair or longer *1.75-2.5 in* messy hair.
i highly dislike the surfer style, it just lookes unkept and gross

personality:
spontaneous
entertaining
i like it when i cant predict what the guy will say next
jokey guy who kind of picks on ya but not in a harassing mean way
a guy who knows his passions and places reality into this thoughts instead of goin off into dream land
a guy who isnt all bout sex
a guy who treats sex as something very meaningful
someone who surprises me once in a while
someone who isnt scared to make some sacrafices to keep us both happy *aka not selfish*

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 07:34 pm: Edit

a guy who isnt all bout sex
a guy who treats sex as something very meaningful

>well you can start with me

By Peacefulchaos (Peacefulchaos) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 07:41 pm: Edit

looking for a guy who:
-really likes me
-is real and honest
-comparable intellectual level and physical attraction level as me (not very hard...haha)

By Lucifersam (Lucifersam) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 07:55 pm: Edit

The main thing with me is simply that she shows interest in me. I don't really have a "type", even though I've always had a weakness for intellectuals and "punk rock" type girls. A mohawk can be the sexiest things in the world when situated upon the head of an Korean girl with a cute smile . . . Similar political views are cool too, don't care much about similar religious views and all that.

Duke3d4: Actually, I don't really give a damn if a girl is loyal (I mean she shouldn't be knockin boots with my best friend while I'm at home preparing a romantic dinner for the two of us or something, but), lots of fun, generous, or very funny. I mean hopefully she considers me these things, but a girl doesn't have to be them to me really. I don't want a cold-hearted insensitive girl of course, but still.

Iamthewalrus: If she can play Etude in Cm (Chopin, right?), then she's definetly coming home with me!

By Tongos (Tongos) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 07:57 pm: Edit

just average girls in intelligence, i don't need some genius.
A lot of attraction and beauty
kindness is very important
Believes in true love and wants to go places with me. Unconditional.
...Its everlasting love.

By Jekyllnhyde10 (Jekyllnhyde10) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

I like intellectuals that can carry on an intelligent conversation about art, yet cheer on the Patriots during the Superbowl.
I like guys that can sing like an angel.
I like guys that can see beauty in a sunset, but I also like guys that like to laugh.
I like guys who can recite sonnets and look lovingly into your eyes without trying to take advantage of you.

Maybe I'm dreaming, or maybe he's out there

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 08:43 pm: Edit

my dad's like that, want his phone #?

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 09:18 pm: Edit

I've met girls that are intellectual, talented, entertaining, eloquent, attractive, sexy, funny, etc. and yet they still seem to have ugly souls.

I'd take a soulmate over a trophy any day.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 10:07 pm: Edit

I'm with the whole sex thing.

I hate guys who sing..... just don't sing to me... I don't want to feel like your princess...

By Macramequeen (Macramequeen) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

"I've met girls that are intellectual, talented, entertaining, eloquent, attractive, sexy, funny, etc. and yet they still seem to have ugly souls.

I'd take a soulmate over a trophy any day."

I agree with that. It doesn't really even have to be specific characteristics, just having that *special* connection with a person-- like the kind where you instictlively feel like you somehow know them from before, or when you just intuitively understand each other, just being on that same wavelength, where you don't even have to say anything and they just know how you're feeling because it's almost as if you both had the same kind of heart. That ineffable connection has been the most beautiful sensation I have ever felt. However rare that feeling may be, I think if I can have that with a person, that's pretty much all I'll need. It's not the only thing I need, but at the same time most differences can be overcome. If I can just be on that same level with a person, I know we would be able to grow together and learn from each other. And our love would grow, as well. All you really need is love. =)

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:54 am: Edit

a pulse

i like girls who insult me, thers probably some deep emotional/psychological meaning in this and it probably is that im messed up

anyone else like girls that insult them?

physically - short and small, dark hair, dark eyes (green/brown). (i say this, but then ill see some tall, hot, blonde, blue eyed swedish girl and i'll pay for anything she wants.)

personality - like i said, a little caustic, insulting as a form of humor. sweet girls are nice, but boring- maybe when im older ill like them.

reality - i'm a loner and always have been. doesnt help that im also a boring loser. ive never had a girlfriend, enough sad (pun actually not intended).

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

The thing is that people don't REALLY look for these things. We ignore plenty of people that would be perfect for us.

The (true) cliche is that looks get you through the door, personality keeps you inside.

By Thebarnrat (Thebarnrat) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:35 pm: Edit

For some reason I'm attracted to those dark, angsty, tortured types. Maybe its my maternal instincts or something....like I want to take care of them. I like going out with guys that people think are bad for me. Maybe its my suppressed inner rebel looking for an outlet.
~I love guys with black hair and green eyes
~taller than me
~intelligent (not necessarily educated)
~articulate
~opinionated
~able to accept that I'm a total dork prone to walking into walls
~able to make me laugh
~able to laugh with and at me and themselves
~not afraid to try new things
~and its a huge turn on when they have piercings or play an insturment.

I usually end up dating guys who are in a band. Musicians...lol....horrible boyfriends but its always fun.

By Neo (Neo) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:29 pm: Edit

Girls that like mountain dew.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 05:33 pm: Edit

girls who just wannna have fun...

By Idiias (Idiias) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 05:39 pm: Edit

girls that like ketchup with their fries...

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 05:58 pm: Edit

I guess we would truly be terrible together. :)

I hate ketchup with my fries.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 06:01 pm: Edit

girls who like a mixture of ketchup, maynoise and mustard with their fries.

By Lildv (Lildv) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 06:54 pm: Edit

that sounds disgusting...mustard does not belong on anything...especially fries...although the ketchup and mayo mix..ur on to somethin with that.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 08:58 pm: Edit

actually, i like the mix not the stuff by self.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

I like guys who aspire to be the Attorney General of Nevada.

PS: I love ketchup

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:11 pm: Edit

I love barbeque sauce more.
I like guys who wear glasses, but only sometimes and it has to be small and frameless.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

Zante~
BBQ sauce does rock

By Idiias (Idiias) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 01:20 am: Edit

"I like guys who aspire to be the Attorney General of Nevada."

well i might go straight to U.S. Senate....hope that's not a problem.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

Id,
It isn't.

Sincerely,
Ashley

By Stargal (Stargal) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

sensitive guys

By Zero (Zero) on Friday, August 06, 2004 - 03:01 am: Edit

chicks with acoustic guitars...that are fun...that aren't husband-beaters.

By Wrathofgod64 (Wrathofgod64) on Sunday, August 15, 2004 - 08:53 am: Edit

1. indian
2. hot
3. not slut

peace

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 02:58 pm: Edit

my ultimate weakness: a guy that can sing

also- funny, intelligent, and nice
-taller than 5'4" (which really isn't asking for much)
-a guy that is romantic but also spontaneous/fun/creative

i tend to ultimately go to the tall[er than me], dark, handsome but have no real preference

i prefer cute guys to hot guys (aka the "boy next door" type that laughs a lot)

By Oliviakang (Oliviakang) on Tuesday, August 17, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

hahahah-- i just went through the thread and the whole jeans discussion is hilarious.

I liked 80s jeans minus the tucked-in shirt (16 Candles anyone?) but my memory might be messed up... and anything would probably look good on that actor anyway

agree with the no-ass-or-extensive-boxer showing... as well as the no-spandex-like jeans (sorry Magoo) and NO "FAKE" JEANS... those pants that kind of look like jeans but they're all elastic-y and just... ugly

I actually like guys who wear shorts (not short-shorts.... but guy shorts) since I tend to go shorts and skirts year-round

By Glowingamy (Glowingamy) on Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

someone who's extremely irrevocably overpoweringly REAL. I spent 15 min. trying to explain, but I can't and it's not necessary, or is this by looks? Actually my taste in appearance is a projection of the way I aspire to be. I am not as real as my signiffuhcunt othurrr should be so that we work, so in effect it's impossible but I don't care, being a kite it's natural that I am seduced by illusions.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page