How important is undergrad for law school?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: How important is undergrad for law school?
By Anastasia158 (Anastasia158) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 02:23 am: Edit

How important is the college you attend for undergrade education when it comes to law school admissions? specifically at top school such as Stanford, Harvard or Yale? I'm wondering because I'll probably end up going to a UC like Santa Cruz or Davis (if anyone is familiar with those). I have heard in the past that highly selective law schools generally will take into account the college u went to.. and weight it as important as your grades and LSAT score. Is that true?

BTW, what else do these schools look for in the JD law students the admit? Obviously good grades, good LSAT scores, but do they put much emphasis on volunteer work or spiffy internships?

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED < THANKS!

By Congresssenator (Congresssenator) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 02:26 am: Edit

Your grades and LSAT score are bar none the most important part of your apps, truly.

Strength of school, ECs, work experience, essays--these are *deciding* factors once they get past the first round of cuts. Though for some schools, they may emphasize things like Work Experience more than normal--good example is Northwestern; NWU really loves applicants who have had work experience out of undergrad.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page