HOW FAR AWAY IS SANTA BARBARA FROM BERKELEY??

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: HOW FAR AWAY IS SANTA BARBARA FROM BERKELEY??
By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

Well read the title, that is my question. Just wondering cuz I'm planning on visiting there quite a bit once I get to Cal.

How long of a drive is it? Should I just fly?

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:30 am: Edit

5-hour drive.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:32 am: Edit

maybe 6 hours drive on a good day...approx 330 miles I would say. It's up to you.

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:33 am: Edit

oh damn

thats a long drive alright

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:35 am: Edit

well you're on the 101 freeway most of the time. if you can handle LONG freeway drives... (heck, EVERYTHING is on the 101 - el camino real)

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

are there a lot of cops or speed traps on the 101?

By Anglophile (Anglophile) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:56 am: Edit

Yes, quite a few speed traps, but there are some stretches where the speed limit is 70mph. It is a VERY long drive, but my friend drives down from UC Davis and says it isn't too bad if you have good driving music. I wouldn't believe her as she is generally overly optimistic for the average person. However, Santa Barbara is worth it! Gotta love State Street. Check out Madonna Inn on the way down.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 04:23 pm: Edit

ohh...if you go on 101 the entire way down you'll love the ride, it so beautiful!!!...(pull over everyonce and awhile and take pictures take pictures)

By Allena (Allena) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

Yeah going up the 101 is an awesome drive, since you're on the coast most of the time.

By Mulan (Mulan) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 04:56 pm: Edit

well, except for that big chunk of central california, which is horribly boring to some and terrifically fun to others.

it's not an impossible drive, but i wouldn't recommend a one day roundtrip journey...

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 05:06 pm: Edit

If you go on 101 it is nice, but if you go on I-5 which I think is faster, you will be bored because it goes through the central valley.

By Savedbythebell7 (Savedbythebell7) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

you can take the I-5 and then you get off in the valley (you actually go by the spot where James Dean crashed his porsche and died) and go across wine country until you hit 101 again. But i'd just recommend taking 101 during off hours, like leave at 7 o'clock in the evening. I'd definitely recommend going to Santa Barbara for Halloween

By Etsrep78328 (Etsrep78328) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:44 pm: Edit

Santa Barbara is approximately 335 miles from Berkeley. I fully agree with the others -- take 101 South, as you will experience a beautiful, scenic ride on the way down. After all, US-101 was named the "Coastal Highway" for a reason!

By Salamanda (Salamanda) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

I wanna go to Berkeley- MAJOR mistake to tell my mom, lol- been gettin a lecture about how dangerous Cali *esp. Berkeley* is.

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Ooh Princess_Banana, why are you going to drive to SB? Oh, and are you going to Cal next year? Me too... you think we could carpool? I live about an hour south of Berkeley, we can take my car and go to SB once in a while. My bf will go to UCSB next year and I'm planning to visit a bit. Yay okay... talk to me. I'm somewhat normal, really... :)

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

I'm planning on going to SB at Halloween, it has been my lifelong dream since I was just a baby banana. Also, one of my best friends is going there so I plan on making the trip when I can so we can party hardy.

Fenix_Three: I would love to carpool, that would be awesome!

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

BERKELEY IS IN NO WAY DANGEROUS...SHE JUST DOESNT WANT U GOING OUT WEST...STICK TO UR DREAM.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page