Stupid music question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Stupid music question
By Guardgirl (Guardgirl) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

if there is a glissando marked in a piece of music, what notes are played in between? is it according to the key signature and then you play the scale, basically?

i've always wondered this but have always been too embarrassed to ask.

also, if it's like a little gliss., like up to a note, where are you supposed to start?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

which instrument do you play?

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Um, I only know for piano. It's basically a scale in the key of C, but you use the back of your right third finger for ascending and the back of your right thumb for descending.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 03:33 pm: Edit

For voice and string instruments, you don't pay attention to the notes; you just slide. If that helps.

By Guardgirl (Guardgirl) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

im a wind player (clarinet) so, none of the above^ thanks though

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page