SMhop!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: SMhop!!
By Priglet (Priglet) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Hey--i read all your comments in that incredibly long discussion. I really admired how persistent you were, and how patient, despite the name-calling and refusal to really read what you had to say. About the promiscuity thing--you shouldn't have backed down.
*The average male homosexual has 251 sexual partners in his lifetime. (Journal of Sex Research, 1997)
*80% of homosecual men have an STD (WW Darrow, D Barrett, K Jay, and A Young, reported in American Journal of Public Health 71 (9), 1981)
*Danniger study 1991: 83% infidelity rate for homosexual men in a committed relationship.

I don't want to be mean-spirited. I have gay friends, and I don't respect them any less than my straight friends. I'm not sure exactly what I think about gay marriage, though I think that I agree with you that civil unions are a better idea. I just wanted to post this because I felt sorry for all the flack you were taking, just because you had a different opinion.

By Allena (Allena) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 04:09 pm: Edit

251 sexual partners in a lifetime??? That sounds a bit high for anybody regardless of sexual orientation.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 04:14 pm: Edit

Do I even know 251 people?

By Magoo (Magoo) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

hmmm...i was apart of that thread, i don't believe that she was insulted anymore than someone else who was there...I don't respect them any less than my straight friends...hmmm?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page