Fellow Fantasy Sports Lovers

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Fellow Fantasy Sports Lovers
By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

Fantasy novels are all well and good (I've enjoyed Tolkien and some of Card's work), but how about those fantasy *sports* nuts out there? I know there's at least two of us out there, and we need to start arguing on here about things besides politics and pole dancing anyway

I've been doing fantasy sports since about 2001 now, mostly with the same group of people. I did finally organize a keeper league for football this fall, though. What about everyone else? Play on much anything besides Yahoo (which is still free and good, but their advertisements for pay leagues continue to annoy the heck out of me)? Any good stories? Let us know!

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

i play mostly fantasy baseball and basketball, but i missed the sign up deadline for yahoo. What do you think of this trade: barry bonds and rich aurilla for scott rolen, carlos delgado, and shigetoshi hasega? Delgado's off the dl, and rolen's having a good year, but it is worth giving up bonds?

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 06:31 pm: Edit

Hmm, well Aurilla and Hasegawa are both going to hurt your team more than help it. The other thing is that Rolen is at his top value right now. Will he keep it up? No one can know but I think it would be worth risking for Delgado. He has had a sub-par year so they even out. I would say yes b/c Rolen and Delgado's numbers are going to be higher combined than Bonds' and the Mariners are discussing releasing Aurillia. To be honest, though, I wouldn't even want Hasegawa. It's tough trading Bonds, but you are getting really good value.

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 07:21 pm: Edit

I'm big into Fantasy Football (I have to like football, I'm from Wisconsin, it's a rule :) ), I used to play on Sandbox Sports, but then they switched to a pay service. So I've recently migrated to Yahoo with another message board I frequent.

Anyone up for forming a CC Fantasy Football League?

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 07:46 pm: Edit

all i know about football is that deion sanders played football too and that the cheerleaders are hot, lol. Anyways, what is up with hasegawa this year? last year i would have given him a long term contract if i was mariners gm, but he's been awful this year. Any comments on the all star selections? i, as a blue jays fan, thinks it's a joke that ted lilly got selected over reigning cy young winner roy halladay, and he's not having THAT bad a season.

By Craigk10 (Craigk10) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

The only thing up with Hasegawa (and the rest of the team for that matter) is that he sucks. Carlos Beltran should be playing somehow for someone. That's all I got to say. All Star selections should be based on this season by the way so what happened in the past shouldn't matter. Besides Halladay has been there -- given Lilly a shot.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page