Heartbroken

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Heartbroken
By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:31 am: Edit

I have a friend who is a girl, and we're sort of close - used to talk for hours about nothing, and stuff like that. I also have a crush on her. Yeah, she likes me too, and for a while we almost had a thing going.

Then reality had to come along and mess things up. I'm going to college in the US this year, and she's going to be on the other side of the world. (we're international) In the end we decided to just be normal friends. Sigh..

Today was probably the last time that I will see her. We spent a long time saying goodbye. I feel like crap, but have been pretending to be ok.

I know all this sounds pretty lame... I'll be ok in a while, just got to suck it up. Anyway thanks for listening. I'm not usually this whiny, but today was just a stupid day.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

I am sorry for what you feel; usually things like this occur when people go their separate ways regardless. I hope you guys can spend some quality time together before you guys have to leave... same with your high school friends. Usually people find it hard to keep in touch I've noticed.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:38 am: Edit

I know all this sounds pretty lame...

not really, extrodinary things come from those who can express themselves freely and are in touch with the way they feel (and you are going to the land of opp)...so sorry for your...breakup, keep in touch with her its not like you will never ever ever see each other.

best of luck to you in the u.s. :)

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:15 am: Edit

falling in love won't be as exciting without episodes of being heartbroken...we need drama in our lives every now and then. on that note, it's okay to cry a little if you can't help it but don't dwell on it too much. i know parting is difficult but have faith that this separation can make your relationship only stronger...and if you're not in love yet, more likely than not, you (and she) will find someone else and move on. best wishes to you both.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:37 am: Edit

so sorry for your...breakup, keep in touch with her its not like you will never ever ever see each other....

sorry if i sound disingenuous...to add: heartbreak process is a natural part of life whethor its moving away from home losing a loved one or breaking up. perhaps its best that you feel this way...it adds sentimental value to the relationship (trust me you will look back on this and build your character) its important to remember this person, and more importantly remember who you are...after awhile you should be able to move on and be happy.

once again i wish you nothing but good fortune in your future.

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:13 am: Edit

I'm beginning to feel like one of those 15-year-olds who writes letters to 'Aunt Agatha' in teenage magazines.. ha.

Anyway thanks to everyone. You have all been very nice.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:35 am: Edit

Hey, that's what we are here for. :)

If you really think that you are the only one expressing usual teenage problems, emotions, or whatever here, wander over to Twinkle's thread.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Voodoochile, you don't sound lame or anything like that. I think almost everyone has or will go through this at one point. If it is any consolation, I had a relationship similar to that in high school (although we actually did date for a while, then broke up and remained very close friends). After a lot of experiences that kept us apart (the Army for him, a bad marriage for me, etc), eight years later we got together again (and our relationship is so much better than it ever was) and after three-almost four-years we're getting an apartment together.

So, there's hope. Even if it doesn't work out for you two, you will meet someone else. Just make sure that you leave yourself open for it in college. Just know that you aren't alone.

And I second what Ariesathena said--you should stop by Twinkle's thread (under College Search and Selection). :)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:15 pm: Edit

There will be many other people. After all, you're going to college and will definately meet so many new people.

Anyway, your cirumstances of your breakup sound all bittersweet and romantic, much better than if there were cheating exes and backstabbing friends. And you'll be parting on good terms and with sweet memories to cherish =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page