Anyone here do crew?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Anyone here do crew?
By Bartoastt (Bartoastt) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

just want to reach out to all those crew kids out there. cuz its an amazing sport and extremely cult like. any of you guys going to be at canadian henley this summer? cuz my team is! represent pittsford crew lightweight girls 8!!

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

I'm doing crew when I get to college this fall! What kind of stuff you do for practice? Is there water training...like flipping the canoe thing while in water? Where do you practice...a nearby river or something? Thanks!

By Bartoastt (Bartoastt) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

we like to call the "canoe thing" a boat and for practice we usually row on the water. and we dont flip it over, thatd be ridiculous. all the training in rowing on the water, unless its winter. in the winter we train on rowing machines or tanks. pittsford crew practices on the erie canal, but most teams practice on a river or lake. where are you going to row in college?

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

Well, I know you don't flip it over for fun... I'm guessing that most people who row know how to swim? I don't remember seeing anyone wearing a life jacket. Maybe they do?

I live in the South, so it's not a very common sport around here. Tulane has a rowing association... I was thinking about joining. I think I will..I just had some bad past experiences with water... but I'll get over it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page