Do you keep a diary/journal?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Do you keep a diary/journal?
By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

Do you keep a diary or journal? If so, do you find it to be a good stress reliever?

By Steveruleworld (Steveruleworld) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

I use livejournal. ANd when i am really pissed it is a good way to just rant on whatever you want to. This is especially true if you have a network of friends who use an online journal. I would say that a regular journal would be a stress erliever for the same reason, it allows you to put out all of those hurts you get duriung the day. ANother thing that it is good with is that it allows you to remember things that happened and how you felt then better than if you just tried to remember them. I'd recommend it.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

i use diaryland (which is my most private one), livejournal (which is mostly Alias-related) and xanga (which contains stuff that i don't mind the rest of my friends reading)

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 03:23 pm: Edit

I write in mine before I sleep. It feels good to let everything out of my head and on paper since I got noone to talk to.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 03:37 pm: Edit

I keep a journal on my laptop. I also have a journal on LJ, but it really is pretty lame (I never know what to write considering other people read it).

I've found that unfortunately it seems like I don't have time to write in my journal when I'm stressed, so by the time I get back to it I'm much calmer. I do find that it helps when I just have a lot of things on my mind, or if I'm having problems with my best friend or boyfriend. That way I can get everything off my mind without saying or doing something that I may later forget.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

I use mental journal '86.

By Plot93 (Plot93) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

I started writing diaries/journals when I was 11. I use typical notebooks, though occasionally I get a slightly more fancy hardcover book.
Sometimes I write more than at other times.
By now I have entire backpacks and a suitcase full of journals. It's a part of my life, and I'll probably continue writing journals on into old age.
A stress reliever? I think it is, or can be. But I also write down things I think I might want to remember years from now.
It's interesting, several years later, to look back and reread something you once wrote. Life changes, we change, our perspectives change.
It's neat to write journals.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 06:29 pm: Edit

xanga xanga xanga

By Takiusproteus (Takiusproteus) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 06:34 pm: Edit

A gorgeous leather one from Aspinaloflondon.com
I use it to express thoughts and ideas, among other things. Recordkeeping important events of my life.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:33 pm: Edit

umm, not really i have this notebook that i will write notes, thoughts, poems, ideas, drawings into etc...its nothing special (at least not consistant, i don't use it daily)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:50 pm: Edit

Xanga-free for...ten days? It's hard, but xanga is so bad for me. I end up saying things just to get attention or making indirect violent threats at exes...kinda defeats the purpose of stress-relief.
I write in a real paper journal very erractically and its frustrating because I don't write nearly as fast as I'd like, but I'm all for pretty hardcover journals.

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:57 pm: Edit

i use livejournal. i'm horribly addicted.

By Feenotype2 (Feenotype2) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

I have an LJ as well. Like kewkiekid, I'm addicted beyond belief. damn livejournal.

By Asianalto (Asianalto) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

I send compulsive emails to my friend which is kind of like a journal because I write anything I'm mad about or just anything at all, and it makes more sense to me than writing in a journal (since I always feel stupid rereading journal entries) because the emails are actually going somewhere.

By Iplayoboe (Iplayoboe) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:37 pm: Edit

i use blurty for my fun stuff
but i keep a physical journal of all the real stuff at home. IN CODE. i made the code up freshman year so my sister cant read it
and i find it to be an amazing stress reliever.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 10:53 pm: Edit

gian: do you keep one?

just curious

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Friday, July 16, 2004 - 11:19 pm: Edit

mmm... I used to have Xanga, but then I realized its smilies were vastly inferior to those of LiveJournal. So I switched, and am very happy. I like the yummy kitty faces!

By Socalnick (Socalnick) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 12:06 am: Edit

nope

By Vegangirl (Vegangirl) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

I have a xanga, and also I keep somewhat of a journal on my computer.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

I can't keep a journal. My thoughts are so private that I write my moments in fictional monologue

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page