Debit cards?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Debit cards?
By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 03:41 pm: Edit

I'm young for my age. I'm going to be a senior next year, but I won't be turning 17 until September. Now my question is...are there any minors out there with debit cards, and how did you get them? I just tried my luck and they wouldn't let me get one. I guess I'll just have to continue carrying around wads of cash when I go shopping like a 12 year old. Bahh.

By Fhmamii (Fhmamii) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:02 pm: Edit

im 17 and i've had a debit card since I was 16...my mom had to co-sign with me tho. her name is on the account as well...just so i could get it, but i get my own card with my own name on it

By Allena (Allena) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Debit/Check cards are oen of th greatest inventions ever. :)

By Desrtswimer (Desrtswimer) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I was also a young senior (born in august) and i did get a debit/check card. My original bank of america branch wouldnt give me one so i went to my friend who works at bank of america and she said she would give me one. I ended up switching to US bank anyways and right when i signed up they issued me a debit card. Didn't even phase them that i was seventeen. I think it all depends on the person, branch, bank you go to.

By Sns22022 (Sns22022) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:45 pm: Edit

Yeah, my mom was there with me and everything, and they told me that if I was 17 they would give me the card in her name and all. It just doesn't make sense because when we're 16 we can get jobs, but apparently they expect us to have $500 sitting around out rooms or something. I'm getting a visa bucks card for now, and Bank of America will certainly see me back there in September! How annoying:-p

By Nathalie26 (Nathalie26) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 05:00 pm: Edit

I just got mine this morning! I'm 15 years old so my mom is the primary holder. I can write checks but can't use the card until I'm 18 or with her permission.

By Meth5400 (Meth5400) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

I got my when i was like just barely 17, it was with wachovia and the lady had done the same thing for my brother when he was around my age-so she kinda knew us. I can use it w/o my parents and deposit and withdraw and everything. try wachovia. i'm really not sure...but in the statemetns they send every month-i think my name is the only one on their...i got the college student one, lol great b/c their is no minimum balance. goodluck!

By Brockpojo767 (Brockpojo767) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:11 am: Edit

I dont know how this worked out but my friend has one and hes 15. His parents didnt co sign or anything on his bank statement for his card. He puts his own money on it. I think his bank is called Premier Bank. I think its just a local bank in Florida where I live.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:20 am: Edit

Try www.visabuxx.com

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page