The Remedy (the song)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: The Remedy (the song)
By Lifeisgood (Lifeisgood) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

Can anyone explain this song? lol

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

yeah...it sucks.

What do you mean "explain?" think about it. most of the crappy mainstream songs are not deep. it's just a bunch of random rhyming words probably about love or girls or something. is that the song by that guy with the name with no vowels jason mzrplgth or something?

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:29 am: Edit

it's by jason mraz.

By Mayermatthews (Mayermatthews) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 02:41 am: Edit

Actually it's about Jason Mraz's friend who had cancer - "who says that you deserve this/and what kind of God would serve this?/We will cure this dirty old disease" - and I guess he had a really positive & optimistic attitude about it that inspired Mraz, "I won't worry my life away" and so on... I don't think that sucks at all, but whatever.

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

i love that song

By Mochaweb85 (Mochaweb85) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

I love Jason Mraz. His music is great!!

Anyways, as somebody above said, the song is about his friend who had cancer who also thought that the fireworks on the 4th of July were for his birthday since he was born on that day as well.

hence the lyrics "u were born on the 4th of July, freedom ring, but something on the surface it stings."

or something like that...

By Neo (Neo) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 08:54 pm: Edit

That's sad.

By Mayermatthews (Mayermatthews) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Yeah, that's funny actually I was born on July 4th too and let me tell ya when you're younger, seriously *everybody* tells you that the fireworks are just for you. I totally thought that for so long... lol.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:08 am: Edit

i know 2 people who were born on the 4th of july. apparently everyone and their mother was born that day. anyway...

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

i wasn't.
neither was my mom.

there goes your theory.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page