What is Mondi?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What is Mondi?
By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:04 pm: Edit

I just got a Mondi suit. Is it a high class designer? Since all of the rich "folk" hang out in CC can anybody tell me what the heck is Mondi and how much their suits usually run.

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

It's probably a fake of Armani...

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:37 pm: Edit

I don't think so, I just went online and found out what it was. It is actually a pretty exclusive designer. I saw a suit online for about 2000 dollars. Check out their website mondi.com. The good news is that I bought one brand new from a consignment shop in Princeton for 40 bucks!

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

:O

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:42 pm: Edit

what does that mean. i am smiley illiterate!

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

I saw a suit online for about 2000 dollars ... The good news is that I bought one brand new from a consignment shop in Princeton for 40 bucks!

I was just smiling at that. =D

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

it means that he/she is really proud of you...click the smilies icon on the left side of the screen...

anyways i have never heard of such a name, to be honest of you expensive designers pop-up and disappear all the time...mondi doesn't stand in my recolection as a designer standard (i guess that's what you would call it)

anyways, if you feel good/confident in what you are wearing than the label DOES NOT matter (unless it says Furberry on it or something)...besides its not worth buying something that costs thousands of dollars that people don't recognize...it would be hard to resale...and you wont get the 'prestige' that some people really want...

WHO CARES YOU LOOK GREAT.

>>>just looked it up...MONDI= started in the late '60's as a textile company then in the '90's they hired a new fashion designer for the brand...it is an italian company the reason why people probably don't see it so much out here is because they sell their stuff at places like bloomingdales/neiman marcus etc.

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 09:07 pm: Edit

bump

By Urbansocrates (Urbansocrates) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 09:09 pm: Edit

i wore the suit today. it looked perfect! it fitted perfectly after I got the pants tailored. A Donna Karen shirt, nice silk gold designer tie and a $2000 dollar suit all for $50! I just can't believe it!

By Magoo (Magoo) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 10:08 pm: Edit

:)...you feel good you look good...ugh that was so cliche...but seriously good for you.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page