Take the career test!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Take the career test!
By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:06 pm: Edit

It said my heart's desire is 'Business or Marketing'.
Hmm, makes sense. That's what I was planning to do anyway.

Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.college911.com/express/precog/index.asp
It's actually from one of those ads in the yellow boxes on top of all the CC pages.

By Rohit_Sn (Rohit_Sn) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:12 pm: Edit

I'm into science and tech but mind u everyone wants to make money atleast most people. So business and marketing might be the chosen field for most. So I think the test isn't too accurate. You can make money in that too if u have some big ideas. But anyway, congrats on your result!

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:22 pm: Edit

Yeah I know..... Everyone knows not to take free internet tests too seriously. It's just for fun.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Science and Technology - so I have an engineering degree, but I don't like the field. Sigh.

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:11 pm: Edit

Science and Technology--No big surprise there

By Philntex (Philntex) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:19 pm: Edit

Public Service and Education. Hmmm...while I'd like to become a college professor later in life, I'm not so sure about this, hehe. Good field, though, and I do like helping people, so...

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Science and Technology

By Jenesaispas (Jenesaispas) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Science and Technology. Woohoo.

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

Public Service and Education. Yeah I think thats about right, I hope to become a obstretician or pediatric surgeon...I need a job where I feel like a doing public service to people, a job where I can go to sleep at night knowing I made a difference in somebody's life

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 05:28 pm: Edit

Public Service and Education...whatever i don't care...public service sounds fun. (i was in student govt. in high school maybe that's where that comes from)

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

a hex upon you and all of your descendents. now college911 comes up before collegeconfidential when im typing in a URL and i hav to type the whole thing or scroll down. CURSE YOU.

science and technology

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

it's called bookmarks.

design and the arts-- the first one on here!

By Lisasimpson (Lisasimpson) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

design and the arts - 2nd one on here.

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

I got it too but I'm going in engineering. I wanted to do art since I was a kid but didn't want to make a career out of it.

By Averagemathgeek (Averagemathgeek) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Business or Marketing

By Gidget (Gidget) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:37 am: Edit

, your heart's desire is Design and the Arts

That makes sense since I am a journalist who is going to school for Theatre Arts- technical Production

By Haithman (Haithman) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Business or Marketing....Yeah its accurate.

By Alejandro (Alejandro) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Business or marketing - pretty accurate for me

By Quasarqueen (Quasarqueen) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Science and Technology!!!!

By Mahras (Mahras) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

Business and Marketing.....dead straight.

By Dreamsicle (Dreamsicle) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 11:44 pm: Edit

Design and the arts... good for english/music major!

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 05:54 am: Edit

Design & arts here as well

By Curiouskatie (Curiouskatie) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

Public Service and Education, not too bad for a future english teacher who likes helping out others

By Brockpojo767 (Brockpojo767) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

Greg, your heart's desire is Design and the Arts

You have a number of attributes that make you an excellent candidate for a design or artistic-related career. You understand how important it is to follow your heart, express your feelings, and do what you love, so it's likely you're already in a design-related field or have created a way to make your non-design-related job more artistic and expressive.

If you're currently stuck in a job that does not allow you to throw your heart into your work, it's likely you're an unhappy soul and are not living your life's purpose. Until you get yourself back on track, the life you dream of may never arrive.

What exactly does this 'dream job' look like? The answer lies in the combination of visions that you have for each of your 5-second lives. If you can find a way to creatively combine the various attributes of each of your dream lifetimes into one career in this lifetime, you'll be well on your way to fulfilling your heart's desire.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:32 pm: Edit

Random question: what options are available for the results? Is it just Science/Tech, Design/Arts, Business/Marketing, and Service/Education?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page