Is it wrong to have an asian fetish?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Is it wrong to have an asian fetish?
By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 06:38 pm: Edit

I cannot help it; I feel that no matter how attractive a caucasian girl is, if she were asian she would be more attractive. There seems to be an almost innate beauty in oriental asians and it drives me mad XD... just the straight hair, dark eyes... Is this... sick of me?

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 07:06 pm: Edit

It's very, very, VERY common. Don't worry about it.

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Aww. Kinda wish I was fully asian, heh. My mother and her sister were so beautiful when they were younger.

By Tropicanabanana (Tropicanabanana) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

noo...how is it sick? and if it were, why should you care?

By Fhmamii (Fhmamii) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

it's perrrfectly normal. i love boys with asian fetishes

By Salamanda (Salamanda) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:19 am: Edit

i got a random question (oh, and it's not sick)...but i was wondering, is it the fact that they're asian or they're appearance that you're attracted to? for instance, if you saw this girl that was part asian, but didn't know that until she told you, what would you think?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 03:08 am: Edit

It's a mixture of both. I think just the asian lifestyle coupled with the asian appearance. Just everything about it appeals to me.

By Lame (Lame) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 07:39 am: Edit

Conversely, I have a thing for Asian guys. Which I think is sort of odd. Lots of guys like the Asian ladies, though.

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 09:00 am: Edit

I think that one of the reasons lots of guys like Asian chicks is because they tend to be kind of small (as in: skinny, small build, short), so they think it is really cute. They kind of feel like "protectors" or something. Just one of the reasons.

Kinda sucks for me because I am half-Asian and I don't have the small, pixie-like body. Oh well. I still like being 5'7". =D

By Fhmamii (Fhmamii) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 11:22 am: Edit

i'm a full blooded asian chick but personally, i think half asians are gorgeous

By Girlx (Girlx) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:17 pm: Edit

Haha I know what you mean Recordingwater. I'm full Asian (Korean), but I don't have the typical small, petite body. I'm actually normal-sized, but I feel monstrous when next to other Asian girls.

By Uniquegu (Uniquegu) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 01:01 pm: Edit

Lol, it's not weird to have an Asian fetish, because I absolutely love Caucasian guys and I know many that have Asian fetishes. They seem to love the petite aspect, but also the culture, especially if you know how to speak the language.

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 01:43 pm: Edit

I'm half chinese and black and people think I'm Hawaiian :p cuz I'm tan

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 03:03 pm: Edit

I don't know if it's the petite aspect for me personally; I just think the asian look/culture is really attractive. I can speak pretty fluent Japanese, too.

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:22 pm: Edit

And no... I'm not a lesbian nor a bi, but Asian girls are extremely cute. They have that innocent, but sexy look.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:24 pm: Edit

Apparently, it is the size (petite, small-framed) coupled with misconceptions that Asian girls/women will be subservient or submissive.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like it when people date me because of how I look. Had one ex-b/f that dated a girl with a similar-sounding name right before me, same height, same eye colour, similar colour hair, similar build, similar length hair. I got tired of people calling me by her name.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Not just looks of course; just saying it's a factor

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 08:36 pm: Edit

I think it's sick.
It's like saying you only like someone for their race/appearance, which probably isn't true, but that's how I feel. My ex, I think, has an asian fetish and you couldn't find one asian girl that he didn't think was attractive. I think that's kinda wrong, especially since now he's dating my "friend" who is also asian...it's like, do we even have personalities to you?

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 10:02 pm: Edit

i don't think there's anything wrong with having a racial preference when it comes to dating because people differ in taste... certain people find asians attractive but many others don't. however, i think that this thing called "asian fetish" can reach a point where it can be considered unhealthy (refer to zantedeschia's post). also, sometimes i get the notion that my little brother is being preyed upon by people who seem like pedophiles to me. now that's not cool.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

Sarasiangirl:

So - to sum up - there is a difference between "preference" and "fetish," the latter clearly being unhealthy.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:51 am: Edit

Aries, as a guy, I can tell you that my mind may appreciate some things, my body another.

Now, you'd almost never catch me with a subservient woman...though I had one spectacularly bad relationship to prove that thesis. (In fact, mouthy females seem to be a looooonnnnng trend in my life.)

Otoh, I'm a sucker for good cheekbones in a way that's almost like catnip to a cat. Let's not say what kind of cat, okay? Most physically appealing girl I ever knew was Portugese-Hawaiian...and smart as a whip...introduced me to Faulkner, in fact (the literature, not the man).

However, I think it's a case of "druthers." You like who it is you happen to like...some factors are just enjoyable bonus points if present. As a good NT, it took me quite a while to accept that sexual chemistry/reaction wasn't a rational process. And that wasn't my only complaint.

By Mahras (Mahras) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 02:06 am: Edit

I have no fetishes at all. Previous gfs have included primarily Indian (the asian ones) as I lived there till like two years ago, since then have gone out with caucasian and black girls. They are all beautiful and i have never actually compared them to each other.

For some unusual reason I like athletic girls with a lot of personality. The girl should not be submissive at all as I like debates about stuff. What the fun in the world if you have to boss the girl around?!? :). Has to have spunk, energetic, and playing soccer and singing makes it a plus. I dont go for the petite frame as it makes me fel I am going out with like a doll. Height in the 5'4-5'8 range is awesome. Oh well randon rambling!!!

By Zuka (Zuka) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:09 am: Edit

i love it when whites fetishize the women of other races.

i hope all whites take dates of coloured people, then this will slowly eat away at the majority white population.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

I agree with Ariesathena and TheDad, it really is a case of preference (or if it is a fetish, that is unhealthy). One thing that I've noticed for me is that I have certain preferences that will make my heart skip a beat almost every time (dark wavy/curly hair, nice eyes/smile, and indian/middle eastern/hispanic type features). I'm a fairly emotional person, so I think I've learned to recognize those feelings for what they are. My bf actually does have some of these qualities, but that isn't the reason why I'm dating him. I'm dating him because he is very good to me, very intelligent, and we have similar backgrounds.

By Ibkid (Ibkid) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

wow...this makes me feel good...i'm an asian girl! :)

By Sc_Dad (Sc_Dad) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:19 pm: Edit

Asian women = Stepford wives?

NOT !

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Zuka~
Wow that's offensive.

Sincerely,
Ashley

By Nathalie26 (Nathalie26) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

"Asian women = Stepford wives?

NOT !"

Any logical self-respecting woman = Stepford wife?

Nope

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

Hmm. I realize my use of "prove" was ambiguous. To be clearer, I had a relationship with a subservient woman and it was spectacularly bad.

In contrast, I once picked up someone for a date and said, "Wow, you look stunning?" and she replied, "Why? Are you stunned?" One of the best relationships.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:52 pm: Edit

I read in an article somewhere (probably not true) that white males had 'asian fetishes' because of the subsurvient factor and colonization and the white man's burden (of bringing culture to savages) and because asian women were exotic. These aren't my views, it's nice that other races appreciate Asians too, I just put that down as a possible reason people feel uncomfortable about 'fetishes'.

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 05:45 pm: Edit

dang!

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:33 pm: Edit

Perhaps fetish is the wrong word to use here.

By Acennace (Acennace) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Addiction is a better word for me. I am Asian and I'm addicted to Russian girls. LOL!

By Fhmamii (Fhmamii) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

fetish is not a wrong word, people are just looking into it too much. you're more attracted to asian girls, so what? That's all there is to it. I mean who is gonna sit there and be like hmmm i think i am attracted to her because because she appears to be submissive, honestly. i have friends who have told me they have asian fetishes but that doesn't mean they don't like me as a person and just like me for my looks. it's just what they're more attracted to, it's really no big deal

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 11:01 pm: Edit

I agree with Fhmamil. Really, if you're attracted to Asian girls then it's probably because you like their features. Nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that most people could come up with a few "sexy" features that they wouldn't mind in a potential partner. I like guys on the skinny side, does that make me sick? Well, at least I don't think it does.

By Purgeofdoors (Purgeofdoors) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:12 am: Edit

From what I've read on the subject of attraction, Asian "fetishes" probably have to do with a bit more than liking specific features. For certain evolutionary reasons that I'm sure some of the bio-inclined people can surmise, an attraction to what appears to us as "exotic" is built strongly into our genes and expressed as exaggerated desires for specific types of individuals. That is, we want mates that are far enough genetically distinct from us to make sexual reproduction worthwhile (otherwise, we'd just bud n' grow like most other organisms).

The "submissiveness" of asian girls probably doesn't have quite as much to do with it -- but then again, I'm looking at it from a biological reductionist point of view and not a postmodern. Any half-arsed deconstructionist could piece together a theory about the fact that the imperialistic relationship forged by our granddies having a bit too much fun in Bangkok during the war causes us to see asian women as sex objects today.

Just my thoughts.

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 02:10 am: Edit

hey legendofmax, can you be more specific? i think that many of us here are curious about *how* you think...psychology, you know. i heard from somewhere (i think on 20/20) that when someone sees a person they're attracted to, the same part of their brain that lights up when they see food that they like also lights up. does your brain do this when you think of asian girls that you claim you have a fetish for?

milton surveyed its asian students and presented the results at the asian society assembly. coincidentally, they addressed this very question...they concluded that something like 45% of asian girls were specifically told that they were exotic (they didn't survey the boys about this question though...kinda sexist, no?), something like 50% preferred to date their own race, and a large percentage (can't remember the exact number) said that their parents would likely discourage interracial dating. actually, they said their parents discouraged dating in general...apparently, the average times an asian person at my school gets involved in a dating relationship through all 4 years of high school is 1.7 or somewhere around that. of course, these figures are not representative of the general population but i wanted to share them with you anyway.

also, doesn't the term exotic vary from where you are in the world? americans/europeans may see asians as exotic but asians (like acennace who is addicted to russian girls as it turns out) may see americans/europeans as exotic also.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 04:50 am: Edit

Well, sometimes it isn't even asians. It's just long, straight, dark hair and dark eyes; dark features. If a caucasian girl with these features came across me, I'd probably be pretty attracted to her.

When I really think about it I think it's because of the way these dark features work with their eyes. I love it when I see an asian smile; their eyes just seem to light up and I enjoy that.

As for the "exotic" argument, there are many races which encapsulate people of an exotic nature, so I don't think one can limit that exclusively to asians alone. When I see someone that is asian, I think it is just the aura I get from the way their specific physical features "move/act" during interaction. That's the best explanation I think I can give at this moment...

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 05:49 am: Edit

Haha their eyes light up when they smile? Mine seem to get smaller!

I like people with Asian fetishes. Makes things a little easier for me! Hahaha

By Acennace (Acennace) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

I agree with Gianscolere's statement of the relativity of the exotism. Although my parents actually discourage me dating a non-Asian (well, actually non-East Asian), I really find Caucasian girls esp. Russian to be very attractive. I live in HK and Asian girls (with dark features) are normal sightings for me. I don't refer Asian girls with dark features and super thin bodies as exotic, except for half Asian half Caucasian, like April Wilkner in ANTM, or Asian girls who speak English as the first language, or au-naturel Japanese girls (which are super rare in my knowledge).

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

I am Asian (Filipina - with a hint of Spainard blood) and I like Caucasian guys b/c I've had bad experiences with Asian guys (can you say "fob" or "stereotypical asian"?). I understand not all Asian males fit the above, but I've grown tired of them and am becoming more "Western"

go figure

P.S. I think Kristin Kreuk is gorgeous though (guhh all my friends are jealous of her! - she plays Lana Lang on Smallville, my favorite show) - she is half Chinese/half Dutch.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:09 pm: Edit

If only I could find more asian women who like caucasian guys :P I'd be in heaven.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:27 pm: Edit

I would think more Asian women would like Caucasian guys... well that's just me and some of my friends. Hah.

Also, I am Filipina and I don't hear much mention of Filipino's on CC. I hear about Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian a lot...? Hmm

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 07:04 pm: Edit

I'm attracted to caucasian guys. My sister married one (divorced later). It's weird how both of us aren't really attracted to black or chinese men. But like Acennace there have been biracial people that I liked. I'd really like someone tanned.
Filipino is the largest Asian group in my school. It's funny, in three different cases one would ask me "Are you Filipino?" and I tell them what I really am and they never talk to me again, heh!

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 08:00 pm: Edit

UsunkmybShip> Interesting. Wow, I never thought there was a substantial Filipino population in Illinois. Just wondering, do you look/identify more with: Chinese or African Americans. I would expect you to look like a darker Asian if you were mistaken for a Filipino. I have never met a half African-American/half Asian person.

P.S. A phrase with some friends: "Don't be a C0CK-Asian or COCKY-Asian" haha

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 08:33 pm: Edit

"Filipino is the largest Asian group in my school. It's funny, in three different cases one would ask me "Are you Filipino?" and I tell them what I really am and they never talk to me again, heh!" --usunkmyb_ship

hey the suburb i live in is 3-5% asian, and while there's a substantial filipino population, most of the asians here are either chinese or korean. however, i went to a school in MA (with a ~15% asian population) where only 4 filipinos (including myself, but i'm not a full blood...in fact, only one of the four is a full-blooded filipino) existed in the entire school...most asians were from hong kong and south korea.

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 08:46 pm: Edit

my crush for the longest time was an asian jew. i just about fainted every time we sat next to each other in class.

he is by far the most attractive person i've ever met, without a doubt.

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

btw, legendofmax, do you have an ethnic preference for asian girls? korean, chinese, japanese, any particular ethnic mixes, or do they all look the same to you?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:25 pm: Edit

For me personally I think it leans towards the Japanese end, although I have seen some attractive Koreans/Chinese... I have not seen very many Filipinos

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Crazylicious, I really don't lean to one side more as in looks. I have both features but if I was with either parent you can tell I'm half something. I guess the most thing people think I am is Hawaiian, next Mexican (probably more of that because my school had tons of Mexicans*), Filipino, then Indian. I had an Indian friend in middle school and people though we were twins or sisters. I also made a Filipino friend freshman year and people though we were related. Yeah it's crazy.

My school had a small percent of Asians also but it seemed bigger because they all hang out with each other in a large group. We had a lot of Filipinos and several Koreans. There was one Vietanamese girl who hung out with the popular people though. I don't know of any Chinese or Japanese, probably were there but I don't know them personally.

As for who I identify more with, since my mom is raising me by herself I have to say Asian. Just always eating Chinese food and going to Asian stores. I'm going to take Mandarin in college.
On the black side, my hair. I hate when white girls cut my hair. Get it wet then split it down the middle, whats up with that?! My hair is curly/frizzy so I use that new Pantene shampoo for colored women, as I explained in the girls with curly hair thread. My sister has stick straight hair, I hate her. (Oh, if it weren't for their dark hair or tanned skin my brother and sister would probably look Italian.)

I think as for being biraical African Americans can tell. I guess because a lot of them are or knows someone who is mixed in some way. They are more understanding and accepting about it.

My cousins- My cousin who will be 19 next month is half Chinese half Polish, she's very tall. On my dad's side I have 3 very young cousins who are half black and vietnamese.

*btw one time I went to the school office for something and the lady was like "Do you understand me? Do you speak English?" :)

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

so you guys are filipinos/part filipinos? that's cool...aren't jasmine trias and camile velasco on american idol (the only asian girls on the show) filipinos or part-filipinos? i've been to hawaii and i saw a lot of filipinos there. some of them are light skinned, some are tan...i want skin like that.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

I'm Filipina. Ya, Camille and Jasmine are mainly Filipina. Most Hawaiians have Filipino blood.

Legendofmax: I'm the exact opposite of you - when it comes to guys (when I used to be interested in Asian guys). I have seen VERY little attractive Asian men, no Chinese, Korean, Japanese. Maybe some Indian and a good amount of Filipino. Some Filipino men still have a lot of that prevalent white Spainard blood which makes for a good mix.

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live legendofmax - is there a predominant Asian population?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Legendofmax, you needn't worry, there are lots of Asian chicks with white boy fetishes as well.
And I don't think it's that wrong. I can't help liking white people...

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 12:55 am: Edit

Crazylicious: I live in Oregon... there are asians but not a ton or anything.

Zantedeschia: Tell me where to find them :P

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

all of you are so cute
there's just something about those white boys...

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 08:51 pm: Edit

Legendofmax,

::points to self::

Oregon...you're totally in the wrong place.
I'd tell you to come find me (and tons of other asian chicks with white boy fetishes) but is nyc a bit far?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:25 pm: Edit

Ah, it's only the other side of the country :P

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Oh but aren't we asian girls worth the trip?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:53 pm: Edit

Haha, you are only going to make me suffer now. I was born on the wrong coast, I tell you.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

There's always college...

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

This much is true... hmm. So many factors are involved with college selection as it is. :P

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:14 am: Edit

Prioritize! =)
Obviously the availability of asian chicks with white fetishes should be a criterion on the top of your list.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

I'll be sure to make it a high priority :) Haha, don't know how successful I'll be with such a list, however.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:25 am: Edit

You might be a little dumber, but you'll be surrounded by hot girls =) Now isn't that a good tradeoff?

(wow we just took over this whole thread)

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

Eh, whatever "intellect" I have won't leave me, hopefully; regardless I think I'd be content in such an environment, ahh yes. Purpose of life is to be happy, yes? :P And yeah, this thread has been taken over.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:31 am: Edit

LoL, yay for our private thread =)
And the happy hedonistic world of white and asian fetishes working together.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

I should stop bashing this thread further...

By Theweakshallwee (Theweakshallwee) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:41 am: Edit

Asian women are one of the most attractive races overall. I have rarely seen an asian girl who wasn't cute or passable at the very least, much less ugly.

By Cornellhopeful (Cornellhopeful) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 02:08 am: Edit

interesting thread,lol. I'm multiracial(mostly African American, however also Asian Indian, and Portuguese). I've ALWAYS like East Asian girls. Maybe it's the "exotic" look. A lot of Americans like exotic looking people(Asians, North Africans, etc.), for some reason. I also love Asian culture, esp. religious beliefs(always been interested in Tibetan Buddhism and Hinduism). I've never really thought that I would like Asian girls b/c they would be submissive. Honestly, I've always had the opposite perception,lol. I always find many Asian women(mostly Japanese, Filipino, sometimes Chinese) to have a "strong" look, something like Lucy Liu and Kristen Kreuk. I've always like women who AREN'T submissive, who can protect themselves. It's kind of degrading for women to be thought of as needing a man to protect them. Anyway, that's just the image that I get when I see certain Asians. It's not all Asian girls, but many.

By Conker (Conker) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:35 am: Edit

"Asian women are one of the most attractive races overall. I have rarely seen an asian girl who wasn't cute or passable at the very least, much less ugly."

Just how many Asian girls have you seen? I've seen plenty that are just damn ugly. But maybe that's just because I'm Asian.

By Conker (Conker) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:45 am: Edit

"I have seen VERY little attractive Asian men, no Chinese, Korean, Japanese. Maybe some Indian and a good amount of Filipino. Some Filipino men still have a lot of that prevalent white Spainard blood which makes for a good mix."

It sounds like you really like medium-dark complexions. ;)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 01:10 pm: Edit

Yes, sadly there are some asians who are ugly...and lots that have potential but are too fobby.

By Taru (Taru) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 02:42 pm: Edit

fetish = any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

Probably most people want to be using the word "preference" or something of the sort rather than "fetish." You'd understand what a real fetishist is if you studied a bit of abnormal psych or crime.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:02 pm: Edit

What does fob (or fobby) mean?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:35 pm: Edit

FOB = fresh off the boat
fobby= people who act like they're fresh off the boat.

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:00 pm: Edit

What do white females find attractive in asian guys? I find it's easier for a Asian guy to get with an Asian chick because white chicks seem to prefer us less, i hope the girls here disagree.

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:39 pm: Edit

from what i understand, alot of them (myself included, lol) are too fobbish, but my view is that you shouldn't need to change yourself to be with the perfect bf/gf because they should accept you as you are

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:01 pm: Edit

What is fresh off the boat? Devoid of Western influence?

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:25 pm: Edit

Legendofmax: ya kind of... I'll give you a stereotype if you want (no offense to anyone, just for humor):

exhibit A: fob "trying to be cool":
1) drives a Honda Civic
2) into "drag racing"
3) big huge spiky hair (that is ORANGE)
4) hangs out ONLY with Asians - only likes Asian girls - import models, etc
5) tries to be "gangsterish"
6) (can be "raver" ish)

Exhibit B: fobbish nerd:
1) wears glasses
2) possibly orange hair, but spikes
3) skinny
4) hangs out only with Asians - Asian study group, etc - a party with calculators!
5) mathematician/science.. just a nerd
6) is in the United States, but talks to fellow Asians in his vernacular (or english with a heavy accent)
-------

Exhibit A annoys me... Exhibit B is okay because there's nerds of every single race.

By grace226 on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

By Appliedmath (Appliedmath) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 09:29 pm: Edit

I wish white girls would one day understand we truly adore them, I wish I had a white girl right now....aww the world is so sad

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

Unfortunately, most white girls like "Wasians" (what my guy friend calls "white-washed Asians").

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

It pains me when I see an asian girl feel bad about herself physically... I just want to reach out and tell them how beautiful they are! Arugh!

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

Well the lack of curves and boobs is a huge bummer...hence the feeling bad about herself physically...

Wasians..haha i've never heard that...I just call them twinkies.

I kind of disagree with the fob examples. I mean, exhibit A is more like the wannabe punk. More like to be the guy who's never been to asia, but has screen names like AznPunk or AznBoi and has highlighted and spiked hair, changes girlfriends every week, and has extrememly customized cellphones with blinking atennae. They also have a couple of piercings on their ears. The girl version would always have a bf, aka her "hubby" who she is so in love with. She also dyes her hair and wears platforms. Both talk weird...like they'll say "chu" when they mean "you." And they only date asians. And if u live in NY, you'll see them in flushing. But they're not fobs...

Fobs are more nerdy, and they wear pants too short and uses an umbrella when there's sun, can't speak properly, studies too much and doesn't have dyed hair or many if any piercings. Fobs don't date at all, at least not until the second year or college.

But you can go on and on with asian sterotypes... There are Barbies, TABS, Born-Agains, twinkies, gangsters, nerds, etc etc...

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:37 pm: Edit

Look at Jet Li.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:43 pm: Edit

what about Jet Li? You mean he's a fob? yea the whole not speaking english thing, but he's too respected to be a fob.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:43 pm: Edit

Zantedeschia: haha...twinkies? TABS?

Those stereotypes were just from the top of my head.

I'm from LA country - Southern Cali, opposite coast from you. That's just my quick observation. I agree with you though with Exhibit A elaboration, all the way down to colored LED lights on the cell phone.

I don't associate myself with a lot of tiny Asian girls because I'm a little bit of the antithesis (except for my height): Well I am short (which is kinda what most Asians are - 5'1 or so...Chinese people are exponentially getting taller!!! my 2 Chinese friends are a lot taller than me... Yao Ming, etc.), but I am not stick thin..I am medium/average (how more caucasian girls' bodies are) more curvacious, boobs etc (hey, i'm not complaining). I have a hard time shopping with my 2 friends who are Chinese. They can shop at Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, etc, and fit into these super tiny tank tops. And then I try them on and it barely covers me. Haha... one of my friends complains cuz she always has to buy hugely padded bras; and I complain about bras and bikini's being too small for me and she gets annoyed. I also have large eyes (most Asian girls have tiny ones). I must be a mutant.

Anyways, my close friend complains about her body. She's stick skinny up and down. I persuaded her to join the swim team with me and she agreed. She wanted to tone her body and build muscles. I've always hated my large leg muscles and just my body in general (of course wanting to be skinny). But from hearing a perspective from a very thin friend, it makes regular sized girls feel better. She appreciated my formerly despised muscles! Hah! I understand what you mean about low-self esteem for some of them. Legendofmax, you should give them all a big embrace.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

Oh ya... I messed on my stereotype, I was thinking of something else.

Exhibit A is not fobby, Exhibit A is what we call "Typical AzN PrYdE dude" - exactly what Zantedeschia was talking about.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Well I think I'm tall for an asian 5'7" and 1/2, but I'm definately not stick skinny either. I'm totally fine with that and I think I have some curves, but when I go back to china, all my relatives tell me I'm fat and so, altho I was fine with my body, your own FAMILY telling you something like that is kinda depressing. So yea legendofmax, where's my hug?

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

I think Asians (in Asia).. or traditional Asians (parents, relatives, etc) like the stick thin appearance better. :/

I have a Korean acquaintance who is very curvy (40-27-36).... so ya, huge bosom, small waist, huge butt. All her relatives call her Fat Fat Fat and even took a measuring tape to discover tha 40in. bust and criticized her for it. It's sad :(. On the one hand, stick girls opt for a more curvacious figure... but on the other, traditional Asians equate curves with fat. Makes me want to yell

Z: wow you are relatively tall.. are you Chinese? (fulfills my "Chinese are exponentially getting taller" theory)

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:06 am: Edit

I hereby extend my hug to thee *hug*

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

It is interesting how different cultures view certain physical aspects. In America curves are valued but considered fat elsewhere? Didn't know that... regardless I still find that they have beauty even if they are not curvy. Strange eh?

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:08 am: Edit

Zantedeschia: I mean "you are Chinese!" (i'm stupid... i re-read your thing and you already stated going to China, hence meaning you are Chinese, lol)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:24 am: Edit

Crazylicious: LOL! That's a funny theory. I actually wish I could be a bit shorter, so I can wear heels and not tower over guys. Where are you from?

Legendofmax: Hug gratefully accepted.
I don't think it's strange that you like curveless women. I think that's the majority of the asian population and their petite stature is probably something that contributes to your "fetish"/preference/whatever we're calling it now.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:33 am: Edit

I don't know why the whole petite thing is a bit issue... I don't think that's it for me at all personally. I've seen many tall asians and thought they were equally attractive. So, hypothetically, if I were with someone of your build, go ahead and wear all the high heels you want :P I'm 6 foot 2, but meh.

*didn't say I *liked* curveless but they aren't essential

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

Wow, I'm starting to have a crush on you...
I guess my "fetish" is for tall white guys...
::swoons at the thought of all that height::

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:41 am: Edit

Grrr, I swear, I am so in the wrong state.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

meet you in the middle? would that be somewhere around ohio?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

Geographically it would be somewhere around South Dakota or Minnesota, haha. Ohio is pretty close to NY...

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

Oh stupid me!
Iowa?

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

101 replies
good job everybody ;)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:34 am: Edit

I think I contributed to at least 25 of them, but yay to keeping asian fetishes alive! lol

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

*invites everyone to China Buffet*

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

*DDRs it up*

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:47 am: Edit

:gasp: i love DDR and buffet...and karaoke!

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:48 am: Edit

what's DDR? :)

By Conker (Conker) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:50 am: Edit

Yeah, I see I'm not the only one bothered by the "AzN pride" thing. But Crazylicious has a point. For the most part, Asians fall into one of the two aforementioned categories (myself included). I would like to see Asian students in America who excel at sports--and not tennis or track or badminton--but basketball and baseball and football. And others that are just average Joes, who have a few friends, good but not stellar grades, and have a modest but not a tiny home. There are more and more such Asians in American society, but the progress is impeded by the continual pressure from Asian parents for their children to succeed...and only academically.

Wow, that was a real rant...now where were we? Oh yeah, err...Asian girls are hot!

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:51 am: Edit

I am the king of DDR. It's a game where you step on four arrows and hit corresponding moving arrows on a screen, it's fun stuff

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:54 am: Edit

OH! Dance Dance Revolution, duh. I like to watch but I've never played it.

"Asian girls are hot!"
and tell us something we don't know already... ;)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

I love this thread, makes me feel good about myself at 2 in the morning =)

I got all my white friends hooked on DDR and they all bought the playstation game.

I really like badminton, but nobody at my school even knows what it is. I get what you're saying though conker, but i get the feeling that a lot of asians like the stereotypes.

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:09 am: Edit

i LOVE badminton. only me and my fellow dorky (white) friend played it in gym class.

Did anybody see that Malcom in the Middle episode when the dad was playing that game and then joined the compitition? hehe

Ooo I really recommend Todai's Sushi Buffet if anyone's in the Chicagoland area. Good stuff. I'm not a sushi fan but for those who are you'll be in heaven. At the dessert counter they also have green tea ice cream and they make crepes.

I love fried dumplings

ooo and teriyaki chicken

and all of you MUST try red bean ice cream

i'm rambling about food and i don't know why :(

just curious, what are all of your parents like?

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:24 am: Edit

My parents are evil strict

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:27 am: Edit

RED BEAN ICE!!!!!

I think i love green tea ice cream...i'm not sure if i ever had it...this green scoop was dessert at a korean bbq place i went to in china, so maybe?

oh i'm so hungry now...i could totally go for buffet.

My parents, i think, are very liberal for asian parents. They gave up on the whole "no dating" thing a couple of years ago and now they don't bother me as long as I bring home the grades. But I wish we talked more, because I never tell them my thoughts or what's going on in my life, but I love them nontheless.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

Ok please judge me:

- Asian. Parents from Hong Kong. I was born in NYC.
- No accent whatsoever. People say I sound white
- 6'0", 145 lbs. "Stick thin"
- Good at math. I hate reading
- Hate chinese food.
- Hang out with mostly white friends.
- Hate that whole "AZN pride thing"
- Suck at DDR
- Good athlete (Track, though) - All-City track team, Junior olympics qualifier
- Ok at basketball, baseball, football. Nothing special, but I'm not a spaz at it.
- No glasses.
- Hair not spiked. Neatly parted to right.
- Parents don't care much for grades. I motivate myself.

SO...am I FOB?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:45 am: Edit

NO. Even from the first line, you're obviously not. It's a prerequisite to be born in asia. Thus, the "fresh off the boat" could apply. How can you be, if you've never been on that boat?

Anyway, you're twinkie if i have to stereotype you.

We should make a thread..."what asian stereotype am I" lol

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:11 am: Edit

I wonder if there is a such thing as getting seasick on the boat (a SOB), without ever being able to get off this metaphorical/psuedoliteral boat...

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:17 am: Edit

SOB doesn't mean getting seasick on the boat! lol it means "still on the boat" for those who are even worse than fobs. Altho, I like your definition better...

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:18 am: Edit

SOB is too much like "son of a b...."

Zantedeschia: Sounds like a good idea. why dont we (start a new thread). Oh ya, I'm from Los Angeles Country of Southern California - opposite coast. p.s.: what does your username me? it was annoying me cuz it is hard to remember/spell when i'm trying to address you.. hhaha (so i copy and paste)

nycneedhelp: definitely not a fob, Zantedeschia called you a "Twinkie" - my terms its "Wasian" (Asian who is white-washed, or just one who is full of Western influence). who was it that complained that white girls didn't like asian guys often... nycneedhelp: do white girls like you?

i'm going to have to concur with zantedeschia, legendofmax is sounding very attractive.

nycneedhelp: you just reminded me of something when you said "people think you sound white" - another steretype (usualy for girls)... called the "oreo" or the "pineapple" (dark or black on the outside, white or blonde on the inside). my friends call me that all the time - because i sound very white, esp. on the phone ("valley-girlish eh"). but it's amusing because despite the valley girl tone, i always use hard SAT-level words when I talk normally (esp on the phone with friends). Valley-girl tone is associated with ditzes so I guess I sound like a smart blonde ditz (how oxymoronic :) ).

anyways, i like this thread :)

legendofmax: have strict parents? are you an only child? i have pretty liberal parents, esp. my dad. however, my 2 chinese friends have really traditional, strict, moms.

By Recordingwater (Recordingwater) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:28 am: Edit

Haha I like this thread too even though I am only half-Asian.

To address the whole curves thing.. Seeing as how I live right in the middle of appearance-conscious Korea I feel I am very qualified to answer this!

It's not that Asians don't like curves.. there are plenty of big-boobed (at least in the Asian sense.. which is about a large B cup or C cup) Asian celebrities who are lusted after. It's just that they don't like fat. Any type of fat. Anywhere. Any thing that *jiggles* that is not on your chest (haha sorry for the weird mental pictures or weird wording) is just bad bad bad. They have almost no tolerance for fat people (or even just above 110 pounds for girls), and people who are fat are usually given really rude looks or not treated as nicely.

I'm into white guys too. I like some black guys though. =D

BTW, I hate red bean ice cream and green tea ice cream. YUCK. STarbucks has this really nice green tea frappucino though. =D

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:45 am: Edit

Crazyilicious, Zantedeschia is a lily. I just wanted something that started with Z, sorry to be troublesome, but you can do like others and call me Z, Zan, Zant, Zante, etc.
And I love the food descriptions! I've never heard of pineapple, but it's good. I have friends who are...eggs I suppose, white people who act asian. Much more rare than twinkies, but they're fun.

Recordingwater, being asian is like that one drop rule with blacks in the US-- if you have any asian blood, your asian! LoL join the party. I'm mostly chinese, but 1/4 mongolian...still asian but can I join the mixes party?

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:35 am: Edit

hey cool, Zantedeschia, i'm 1/8 mongolian, and mostly chinese

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:18 am: Edit

Yea I'm supposedly a descendant of Jenghis Khan, but it sounds pretentious when I say that, although I'm sure he has thousands of descendants by now.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Yeah it's amazing how many "famous" (or rather, infamous) people can exist in one's bloodline

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

So how many mass murderers do you descend from?
=)

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Crazylicious - Oh I wish all the white girls liked me, esp the blonde ones...but seriously I've hooked up with a few...and this spanish chick with blonde hair so she looks white and that counts...

They also called me a banana...

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Zantedeschia: I have a German heritage I think... but I probably don't have any relation to Hitler, worry not =)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

LoL, there's hope for your descendents though... although I'm not sure Hitler was very promiscuous, killing people by the millions don't leave much time for courtship. But give it a couple hundred years and I'm sure there'll be at least 500 little hitlers =)

Nycneedhelp, Banana! right, I forgot about that! Unfortunately it is more rare for the asian-guy and white chick combo, even my parents think that asian guys can't "hold down" a white chick. but it's respected if you can, i suppose. Eh, but as much as I love white boys, I'm tempted to be protective of my asian guys =)

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:35 pm: Edit

my history teacher said hitler was gay...

and yeah, when i (azn) was in public with my exgf (white) , people would stare at us... kinda uncomfortable but o well.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:40 pm: Edit

to the op umm,...i think an asian fetish part 2 thread is in order :)

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

One of my best friends (who is asian) has a white mother and an asian father. They have such a good family in my opinion... they're all very close. I don't see what the issue is with interracial relationships really.

By Brocade (Brocade) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

fun thread guys.. i'm asian too korean actually and i'm from the south. Georgia to be exact. all those good foods mentioned makes me hungry.. green tea ice cream - to die for.. mm and with crepes? even better. and red bean anything is good...
zantedeschia.. that's pretty.. my name is lily :)

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:03 pm: Edit

Oh lily is pretty. i hate my name, so i live thru my CC alt-persona.

We don't need a part 2, go check out asian guys and girls in the "Which sterotype are you" thread =) It's the brainchild of this thread after all...

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

What do you guys think about the whole "Azn pride!" thing?

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

I hate it. Just like I hate red bean, green tea, chinese food, DDR, and chinatown too (It smells there)

By Brocade (Brocade) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

i'm proud of my culture and i respect it but i'm not hardcore

By Takiusproteus (Takiusproteus) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:46 pm: Edit

I'm asian male with a blonde girlfriend. It's not uncommon at all. Another guy at my school is the same.

And I don't see the idea of an asian guy not being able to "hold down" a white girl. What do you mean by that?

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 11:55 pm: Edit

Don't ask me...my mom said that and I think she's very old fashioned. Painfully so.

People who claim to have "AzN pride" often are those who have never been to asia and don't know that much about real asia. They just want something to be proud of, to show off... It annoys me.

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 07:48 am: Edit

yeah, hardcore azn pride people pisz me off, they go around sticking up their middle fingers to everyone like it's part of asian culture or something, lol

By Lalai26 (Lalai26) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 11:57 am: Edit

This thread is disgusting.

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 01:42 pm: Edit

WHOO AZN PRIDE!!

*sticks middle finger to everyone*

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 02:05 pm: Edit

omg
fish and shrimp balls
yum

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 04:41 pm: Edit

AZN Pride shut up!

*Punches Duke3d4 in head*

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 01:16 am: Edit

I loved the forum leg-humping earlier in this thread

By Zero (Zero) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:43 am: Edit

i am asian. and i like white girls. 'tis my contribution to this thread. perhaps this is becuaes i was adopted and raised by white people? i dunno.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

No that is not why. I too, like white girls, but I was not adopted and raised by white people

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:07 am: Edit

do they swallow..............................................................their gum?

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:11 am: Edit

Hey if they don't, I'll be happy to clean it up for them...

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:13 am: Edit

wow

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:13 am: Edit

>.<

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

Geniusash...Do you want to swallow my gum?...

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:19 am: Edit

maybe later? (looks around nervously)

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

Sure thing ash, anytime u want...

Calm down, I won't hurt you...I'm very gentle

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:25 am: Edit

uhll-uhll-uhll (pulls on collar nervously)

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:32 am: Edit

Don't be nervous...it's just gum right?!

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:32 am: Edit

of course?

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:36 am: Edit

wow... this hypothetical, cyber, "gum-swallowing" is amusing in a very weird way.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:36 am: Edit

Of courrrse...but my gum is special...you'll love it.

Crazylicious - To see the history of this "gum-swallowing" we speak of, visit the "Are You Swallow?" thread.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:37 am: Edit

ooo la la, three r's!

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:42 am: Edit

And did I mention that the best part is not the swallowing of the gum, but rather, what you have to do to get the gum out of its wrapping?

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:45 am: Edit

wow, that is so way inappropriate.
Awesome.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

Like totally awesome!

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:50 am: Edit

What kind of gum do you chew?

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:02 am: Edit

I only chew other women's gum. I try to stay away from chewing men's gum.

And you?

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:04 am: Edit

whoever has bubble gum

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:06 am: Edit

I have bubble gum!

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:12 am: Edit

clever...

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:17 am: Edit

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD!!!

lol...this is great. keep it up

ohh, and NYC i left u a little love note in the chances forum ;)

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:20 am: Edit

Magoo~
I have no idea.

Sincerely,
Ashley

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:29 am: Edit

The only thing is, because of my oral fixation, I tend to attempt to chew too much gum at once.

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:42 am: Edit

The sky was dark
The moon was high
All alone
Just her and I
Her hair so soft
Her eyes so blue
I knew just what
I wanted to do
Her skin so soft
Her legs so fine
I ran my fingers
Down her spine
I didn't know how
But I tried my best
To place my hand
On her breasts
I remember my fear
My fast beating heart
But slowly she spread
Her legs apart
And when she did it
I felt no shame
All at once
The white stuff came
At last it's finished
It's all over now

My first time

Milking a cow

Ok, that wasn't funny.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:46 am: Edit

no, no it wasn't

By Uniquegu (Uniquegu) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:09 am: Edit

What a weird thread! Anyways,getting back to part of the original topic. I read someone that had said their family thought they were fat when they went back to Asia or something. The Asian race is really picky and gossip a lot. Asians tend to be thin in general and therefore even if you're slightly larger than thin and are borderline chubby, you will be called fat. My mom use to comment on my thighs getting big and I weigh less than 100 pounds and I'm 5'3". Yeah, its weird. Just never let it get to you. Be proud of who you are physically, culturally, whatever. You're beautiful. As for all the girls with the negative self-esteem, because they are Asian. Stop. Don't think of it as such a curse. You're beautiful because you're Asian and you know what. When you go out, just be yourself and they can "take it or leave it". Another plus, if you hold on to most of the morals and etiquette carried over from your parents, you've also got an advantage. My one friend loves Asian girls because they aren't like "American girls, who have no values" I beg to differ on his view,but whatever. Either way though he'll still marry a Caucasian girl though, because of his family. Yeah, sad. Well, I've been raving for too long now. Ciao!

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:20 am: Edit

a new low ^

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

I just read this entire thread. ugh, it took forever. What happened at the end? It just all the sudden went wierd.

And Hitler was Austrian, not German. I hate when people say they're German and then say something about Hitler being in their bloodline.

OP, same problem. I was kinda worried if I had a problem too. Guess not.

And what is it about White males that Asian girls find attractive?

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:28 am: Edit

Sorry if I'm redirecting the thread.
I'm really glad for this thread. It's helped to answer alot of questions I had about some asians I know.

By Conker (Conker) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:31 am: Edit

"my history teacher said hitler was gay..."

Yeah, Hitler was so gay that he had a mistress for many years (Eva Braun) and married her before he committed suicide. Not to mention that he had other girlfriends that drove Braun to near suicide. It sounds like an attempt by your history teacher to demonize homosexuals.

By Lalai26 (Lalai26) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:48 am: Edit

Wow... I can understand having low self esteem, but the white worship in the thread is beyond pathetic. I would never accept dating a guy who liked me or thought I was beautiful simply because I was asian. Sorry kids, but ALL asian women aren't gorgeous, and no race has a monopoly on beauty. Point is though, that some of the asians in this thread are so consumed with the fact that they don't fit the traditional standard of white beauty that they take whatever bone is thrown at them.

Ohh, yay! White guys see me as a commodity, so now I'm great!

There is nothing wrong with seeing a certain group of people as attractive. I have a strong attraction toward white guys too, but I wouldn't swoon because they have an obsession with girls of my particular ethnicity. Personally, I prefer guys who are open to date any race, even if they generally lean toward one. I would rather be seen as a beautiful woman than a beautiful (insert race here) woman.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:57 pm: Edit

"There is nothing wrong with seeing a certain group of people as attractive."

Well this is what I am saying. I do not prefer asians blindly because yes, as you said, not all of them are attractive. It isn't like someone has to be asian to be worthy of consideration, it's just an "ideal preference"

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Lalai26, that was my original point actually. I'd much rather be the only asian a white male has ever considered than just another asian chick in his dating career. However, I don't think asian girls get treated as commodity in those relationships. I actually think most of them are treated with respect. Anyway, my ex makes me sick with his obvious obsession with asian women...and I may seem very hypocritical because of some of the stuff I said previously, but my "fetish" is not an obsession, it's a preference and I certainly don't find all white guys attractive. And if you want to get more complicated, my "dislike" of asian guys maybe result from some resentment towards my father.

Anyway, Legendofmax, I don't know how many Asian girls you see in Oregon, but maybe your "fetish" results from the rareity..hence the whole exotic thing. If you were surrounded by them, you would probably be numbed. And, maybe you're lucky and all the asians you see are hot, who knows?

By Lalai26 (Lalai26) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

Zan, I saw your post... I guess I was just a little annoyed at the enthusiam in some of the posts.

Sidenote* to avoid any possible confusion (I am NOT Asian, I am black)

I personally don't like to see any person viewed as some object to be fawned over. I think its really weird when a guy of any race dates only x, y, or z girls (unless its their own race, which is another story). Because then I feel like I am being seen as something other than human. Though I don't mind if a guy says he loves certain features that are generally only present within my own race.

Add to that:
I don't like to be anyone's exception either. I don't know how many times I've gotten the "wow, you're not like all those other black girls" or "you're pretty hot for a black chick" comments... but whatever... I just get annoyed to see a bunch of minority women get all excited because some white guy has a fetish with their particular race.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 07:20 pm: Edit

Zantedeschia: There are some unattractive asians in Oregon, don't get me wrong. You may be right about rarity... but went I went to Hawaii I felt like it was heaven :)

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Saturday, July 17, 2004 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Man, Nycneedhelp, are you addicted to gum? I like sweet, gooey gum, like Bubble Yum.

Anyways, I have a fetish with Italian guys. Idiias, you said I sounded hard to get, just speaking hardcore Italian will get me.

But I love the British more..... the accents, the faces, everything.

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 01:56 am: Edit

Bubblicious is good too.
But maybe your post is more appropriate for the foreign fetish thread.
I concur on the Italian and British thing...ahh, accents...and actually I think irish and australian accents are cool too.

By Legendofmax (Legendofmax) on Saturday, September 25, 2004 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Omg I have revived the sleeping beast!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page