Spider-Man 2

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Spider-Man 2
By Anijen21 (Anijen21) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 03:36 pm: Edit

Best movie EVER?!?!?! Your thoughts

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 03:47 pm: Edit

yes

By Idiias (Idiias) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 03:50 pm: Edit

i saw it this morning! cause my company rented out the whole theater for everyone to see. i had low expectations and was going to take a nap in the back of the theater cause i was tired from talking to Geniusash last night...but I enjoyed it alot. It was so good, i put it on my top 10 favorite movie list. I'm not a movie expert, and my list isn't official or anything, but it was good.

By Phantom (Phantom) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 09:24 pm: Edit

It was awesome--better than the first one. I think it's the best superhero movie ever, surpassing the X-Men, Batman, and Superman movie series. I also think it's one of the best sequels ever made. I CANNOT WAIT for the third one! So many things happened in the last half hour--I came out saying "wow." Two more years!...

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:37 am: Edit

HELLO, this movie was face melting. I rub my hands with glee that Fahrenheit 9-11's top of the box will be shortlived.

By Zhou (Zhou) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:46 am: Edit

Anticipating the sequel of Spider Man 1.Have not seen it yet.But I have seen the music video from the soundtrack by Train.It is awesome!

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 01:14 pm: Edit

Come on, it was way too choppy and disjointed for me. Also too much of the same stuff from the first one. I feel like people make themselves like movies like this merely because everybody else around them seems to like it and because it actually got good reviews. But I resist!

By Anglophile (Anglophile) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 02:40 pm: Edit

I have no words to describe the fabulousness of Spiderman2. Worshipping Sam Raime--building little alter to him now... I'm a fan of the Evil Dead series, so I really appreciated the cameo of Bruce Campbell (the guy at the theater doors).

By Duffy123x (Duffy123x) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 06:11 pm: Edit

god, this movie was so crafted... and artfully done. never seen that in a superhero movie b4.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

It's not my falt I'm so enthralling

By Idiias (Idiias) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 06:31 pm: Edit

um...who are you talking to?

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 07:38 pm: Edit

rude...

By Ronkebam (Ronkebam) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:28 pm: Edit

Spiderman 2 was good and all, but not that awesome. True for a super hero movie, it makes X-men, and Batman bite dust, but it was nothing compared to Lord of the Rings....
Toby is such a doll, They couldn't have found a better actor to play Spiderman, he rocks!
All the romantic stuff, to me, got in the way of the action. True, the makers of the movie weaved all the lovie dovie stuff in pretty well. Like Dr. Auto's wife....pretty funny to me when M. J. was running in her wedding dress... and then standing in the door way, Peter Parker's spidy sense failed cos he didn't notice right a way -EXPLAIN THAT!
I thot Harry was just a silly angry spoilt child.
Also way too many people saw spiderman's face, c'mon, part of the fun is the mystery, now the cats out of the bag.

By Idiias (Idiias) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 02:36 pm: Edit

no, no it was awesome.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Ronkebam: "Also way too many people saw spiderman's face, c'mon, part of the fun is the mystery, now the cats out of the bag." - I totally agree:

The movie seemed a little too happy and ideal for me... I'm not familiar with comics... but is Doc Oc's fate in the comics similar to the movie's? Where he goes Darth Vaderish and returns to the good moral side?

And now so many people know Peter Parker's alter ego... I knew I really WANTED Mary Jane to see who Spiderman was, but it was something that I thought SHOULD NOT happen because it would ruin the fun... blah oh well. I liked the movie but it was to "happy endingish" and less evil. Well let's just wait for what #3 has in store :)

By Copper45 (Copper45) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Terrible, overdone, unrealistic, looked fake

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 11:17 pm: Edit

It was quite good, but it was definitely a popcorn movie. Nothing too deep or well done to warrant calling it one of the best movies of all time. It didn't take itself seriously and that worked. The first one was the same way, except I didn't like it nearly as much. It was pretty funny in some parts. I thought the "Rain drops keep falling on my head" was a little out of place, but still funny.

CGI was much better but still lacking. I thought the story focused a little too much on Peter Parker and MJ instead of Spider-Man. Spider-Man was almost like a subplot. And the plot, by the way, was CRAP. So cliched with the overconfident scientist miscalculating and causing havoc. But like I said, I enjoyed it because I didn't expect anything more than an entertaining flick.

In terms of superhero movies, it ranks #3 for me. Superman I was a much better film (and there's that nostalgic factor that makes it untouchable for me), and I thought X2 was a better movie AND more entertaining. Superman also had a memorable theme song, which is VERY important in movies about heroes (Braveheart wouldn't be nearly as popular without that great score). On second thought, the original X-Men was pretty damn good as well, maybe better than Spidey 2.

By Alejandro (Alejandro) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 12:21 am: Edit

am i the only one that came out disappointed? I mean they spelled out the next movie at the end, and there was way too much sentimental/dumb dialogue...show me some action!

I was disappointed with the movie, especially after the first being so good

By Idiias (Idiias) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 11:10 am: Edit

Noo alejandro…..copper obviously agrees with you.

But I disagree with both of you. It had just the right amount of action/sentimental/everything else in it.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 06:28 pm: Edit

It was OK.

By Buddnutz (Buddnutz) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 08:18 pm: Edit

It was neat to see a comic book movie where the chief villain was the superhero's self-esteem and self-image as opposed to a villain (Yes I know Doc Oc was the bad-guy, but Toby McGuire spent more time moping then he did villain-bashing)

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 05:17 pm: Edit

"I thot Harry was just a silly angry spoilt child."
well yeah, how else is he going to become Green Goblin II, the most likely villain for Spiderman 3. they should have used Venom...

By Idiias (Idiias) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

He's going to become a green goblin!??! or are you just guessing?
but he's Peter's best friend....

By Jase1348 (Jase1348) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 02:36 am: Edit

Spiderman 2 was the worst, most overrated movie of all time.

The only thing that kept me from walking out
was the opportunity to boo at the end and believe
me, I wasn't the only one.

I saw this movie at a midnight show, opening day.
What a disappointment.

People who like this movie are mindless beings, simply following
its onslaught of good reviews, or they are overly-sentimental in trying to find something
resembling the amazing Evil Dead series.

Spiderman comic fans should be ashamed.
Is everyone as excited for the Green Goblin part 2
as I am? Poor Carnage. Poor Venom. Where are the good villains (Mysterio, Lizard, Rhyno)?
Where are the amazing spiderman adventures?

Where is Peter's real girlfriend. You freaks
who loved this movie probably don't know what I am talking
about. Go look up Gwen Stacy.

The movie was just bad. The CGI was still poor as well.
I think Doc Ock was in the movie for about 10 minutes total.
What a waste.
I just can't tell you how bad this movie
really was. It's ashame that a generation
will grow up not knowing how good spiderman
really can be.

By Iamqueena (Iamqueena) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 04:57 pm: Edit

I liked the more than the first but some of the long scenes of dialogue were put to close together in the movie. I loved the opening titles. the title guys deserves a round of applause *claps*

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 11:48 pm: Edit

I thought Spidey 2 was really good. It was nice how they portrayed Spidey as a real guy, not just as a superhero.

And about putting in more adventures and more villains... Well, cramming 30 years of comic books into 6 hours of film wuld be rather messy don't you think?

By T2opine (T2opine) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:02 am: Edit

I really liked it. I liked how he was more than just a superhero, and there were also some rather psychological points in it, and I always like that stuff. Now I can't wait for the sequel.

By Idiias (Idiias) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 02:14 am: Edit

Who are you calling mindless beings

By Techieguy (Techieguy) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 03:55 am: Edit

Don't you love how some people think they are better than others by deciding to not like spiderman 2?

Don't you think we all like the movie because...we made our own judgements on it?

I personally felt that Spiderman 2 was the best comic book movie ever.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 05:07 pm: Edit

he looked constipated half the time....(tobey macguire).

the best part of the movie was when the fire alarm went off in the theater during the scene with the car crashing through the cafe. turns out the popcorn machine malfunctioned or something. ha.

i like the spider-man 2 soundtrack though.

By Anijen21 (Anijen21) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

I think Venom should be the next bad guy.

Although I don't know how they're going to do the whole alien-symbiote thing without going over the top.

I think Spider-Man has the best score of Lord of the Rings, Superman, and any overrated John Williams plagirist-of-his-own-music piece of Raiders of the Lost Ark Star Wars crap that's won an Academy Award.

Tobey Maguire is the hottest man in Hollywood.

Period.

By Foundnemo (Foundnemo) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:45 pm: Edit

I'm about to see it. I didn't care for Spiderman, or any action hero movies I've seen, but damn, James Franco is hot.

By Rono_G (Rono_G) on Friday, July 09, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Ralph Waldo Emerson,

this is probably one of the reasons why so many people on this forum are dissing spiderman 2... they don't want to be "foolishly consistent"...

hahah, i pity you fools who did not see the beauty, the art, the brilliance of this film... Spiderman 2 was perfection personified... Yes, a foolish consistency indeed is the hobgoblin of little minds.. You have to notice that agreeing to the fact (based on our own judgements) that Spiderman 2 is a good film may be seen as consistent - but it certainly isn't foolish... hahaha,

Spiderman 2, honestly - one of the best films I've watched recently... hahah,

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

I liked it. I can stand another movie, but after Franco (Harry) dies the movie will be seriously lacking in hotness. Then it won't be worth seeing any more sequels. Are there really supposed to be 6?

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 04:46 pm: Edit

It would be stupid to go past 3.

By Nycneedhelp (Nycneedhelp) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 04:52 pm: Edit

"To get off, first you have to be on. How can you get off if you were never on?"

I couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the movie. People in the theater were looking at me funny.

By Jer728 (Jer728) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Don't worry, when I see it, a LOT of people laughed when they heard that. Must have been mighty confusing for the people who didn't get it.

By Techieguy (Techieguy) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 05:35 pm: Edit

Kirsten Dunst said she would only do three. She doesn't want to tire out the serie's popularity.

By Neo (Neo) on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 06:10 pm: Edit

Doesn't matter what she said. She signed a contract for *five*.

By Rono_G (Rono_G) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 08:15 pm: Edit

haha, yeah - that line does sound funny... wahahaha... btw - did anybody notice Stan Lee, the 'creator' of Spiderman?? he was in the film, kind of like an easter egg

By Gidget (Gidget) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

Has anyone noticed that the coolest super heros were journalists?

By Voodoochile (Voodoochile) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 01:09 pm: Edit

Actually Spiderman is a photographer. Are there any super journalists besides Superman?

By Gidget (Gidget) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:17 am: Edit

He submitted his photgraphs to newspapers.. there for making him a freelance photojournalist.... which is a type of journalist...

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 09:32 pm: Edit

I think it's just Superman and Spider-Man. No one else ripped off Superman.

Is it just my taste changing or is Kirsten Dunst not hot anymore? She looked VERY plain in the movie.

By Anijen21 (Anijen21) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 09:19 pm: Edit

Stan Lee is in all of his comic's movies. He was in DareDevil, I know, for like a second, and he was in the first Spider-Man

By Zantedeschia (Zantedeschia) on Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:56 pm: Edit

Kirsten Dunst's face was so droopy in the movie.
And Tobey looks old and plain. I can't stand his chin.
But James Franco was hot, altho I don't think he's a very good actor, waay too overdramatic.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page