David Cobb - Positive Comments Only

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: David Cobb - Positive Comments Only
By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Well, this is similar to MorganTruce's three threads. Cobb is the Green nominee for President. His running mate is Pat LeMarche - first time a woman has been a running mate since 1984. :)

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:56 pm: Edit

He looks smart.

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

I am a Bush supporter and conservative in general, but his vp choice Camejo seems very smart from what I could tell from the california recall.

By Calkidd (Calkidd) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Ariesathena - Patty LaDuke, Nader's running mate in 2000, was a woman. So was Pat Buchanan's running mate in the same year.

Aside from these technicalities, is is good to have input from many voices, and when people know they won't win (like the green party), they also know they aren't beholden to any campaign contributers, which allows them to bring points to the debate that the other candidates shy away from (so as not to upset their benefactors).

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

Ack, mea culpa. Still, good to have it happen again.

I read their bios and was impressed with how un-silver spoon they both are. None of the elite boarding schools; LeMarche was a teacher in Maine for a few years. It's nice to see something besides the usual sons-of-senators, governors, pick-your-politician-and-overprivileged-male.

By Jlq3d3 (Jlq3d3) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

nixon carter reagan and clinton weren't "sons-of-senators, governors, pick-your-politician-and-overprivileged-male."

Reagan didnt even get an elite education like the rest of them.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

Most recent presidential campaign of any of them was Clinton in '96. Weren't most people on this board in elementary school then?

Bush Jr - obvious with Yale, his father, etc.
Al Gore - another son of a senator.
John Kerry - quite privileged, and married to a woman who inherited millons from her dead husband.

My point is that the most recent elections are really contests among the most privileged of men. (Ralph Nader, Pat Buchannan in 2000 were exceptions but not prominent players). I know that many people were hoping for a McCain vs Bradley in 2000, but were quite disappointed with the run-off between "the princes."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page