So glad I'm not in HS anymore.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: So glad I'm not in HS anymore.
By Muppetcoat (Muppetcoat) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:30 am: Edit

http://www.nbc4.com/education/3472013/detail.html

Basically, UPS ate a whole bunch of kids SOL(Standards of Learning- not what you were thinking) tests. So now these kids have to retake them, in order to graduate.

Now, I was vhemently opposed to the SOLs when they were first proposed and designed, because as far as I could tell, they didn't test knowledge, they tested test-taking ability. (Trust me- I could have not gone to a class all year and passed them).

But there's no way that I would let a UPS error be responsible for me REtaking them. And if they did make me retake them and somehow I didn't pass, I would probably take them to court if I had the money. There are so many issues with a new test being different/harder, adding stress of the retake, etc.

I was mad enough when the post office almost incinerated my SATs (stupid anthrax). OH well. I don't have to deal with it anymore. Stupid VA school systems.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 11:03 am: Edit

Scholastic Anthrax Test.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 11:21 am: Edit

Hmm, I don't think it is a coincidence that the acronym for the test comes out to SOL.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 12:01 pm: Edit

You scare me, Demingy. I was just going to post that.

(Random children's verse, random smilie.)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page