What bank do you use?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What bank do you use?
By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:13 pm: Edit

1. Bank
2. Why like/dislike?

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

1. Centura
2. Dislike and closing account... high fees, crummy customer service

1. Credit Union
2. Trusted, won't be merging any time soon, low fees, great customer service (most of the time).

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 08:01 pm: Edit

1. Wells Fargo
2. Like it, free checking (Arizona), no problmes so far

1. Union Bank of CA (old, closed)
2. Disliked, no ATMs available, no free checking, never open when I needed it [branch inside of a supermarket]

By Somecanadianguy (Somecanadianguy) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 08:28 pm: Edit

1. Scotia Bank
2. Quick service, decent hours, no sevice charges(until 18), negative is low interest

I know this is Canadian, but you may end up here one day

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 10:35 pm: Edit

Bank of America
its ok, i have a student bank account which doesnt kick up a lot of money but hey bank of america as a company is pretty reliable/they do a lot for the community that they're involved in.

By Invisible (Invisible) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 10:40 pm: Edit

1. Citi Bank
2. No problems, free checking, online credit checking, wonderful credit card, the whole identity theft protection program thing.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

1. Sovereign Bank.

2. The good: fairly large number of ATMs, staff at my branch are nice (the know-your-name types), lots of options with checking accounts, branches from New England into Pennsylvania.
The bad: Low interest rate (1% on savings, even with a very high balance), and some internal errors which were annoying and can be widespread.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 09:32 am: Edit

Yeah Somecanadianguy- I use bank of Nova Scotia too!!!!

By Demingy (Demingy) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 11:51 am: Edit

1. Credit Union of Denver
2. Like: No fees, reliable, never had any problems with them, their acronym is CUD (it's just funny), and they have an ATM at my college that dispenses $10 bills.
Dislike: Their no-fee ATMs are few and far between, they have "true" banker's hours (Lobby & Drive Up M-F 9:00 - 5:00, Drive Up ONLY Sat 9:00 - 1:00) so it's hard to fit into my schedule.

By Bumblebee83 (Bumblebee83) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

I Have bank of America, and the only thing I really hate is that their customer service SUCKS!! I have a credit card that does overdraft protection for my checking account (which doesn't happen ever) but if I'm ever not sure what a charge is or soemthing they treat you like a moron. But my account has no fees (direct deposit) and there's a million ATMs.

By Demonllama (Demonllama) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

bank of america. no complaints really... besides there's this really hot guy who works at the one in blackhawk. ;)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page