John Kerry - Positive Comments ONLY

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: John Kerry - Positive Comments ONLY
By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 06:58 am: Edit

In this thread, please discuss ONLY positive things about John Kerry and why he would make a good president---no negative things. Please do NOT discuss or even mention George W. Bush or Ralph Nader.

By Marite (Marite) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 08:16 am: Edit

LOL. How long do you expect this thread to be if it is going to be limited to positive comments?

By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 10:29 am: Edit

Although I'm a conservative, I'll say the first positive thing:

John Kerry has a very dignified/statesman look about him. He's fricken' tall, but yeah, he has the whole Kennedy/Mass. look, like everything he says is noble and/or respectful, although this sometimes can go into arrogance, almost too dignified.

Now I won't go into WHAT he says, but that's one thing that I could actually like about the guy.

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 12:19 pm: Edit

He's from Colorado (which I happen to love).

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

He's fricken' tall

Yeah...our last freakishly tall president turned out to be one of the best (Lincoln).

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 02:49 pm: Edit

is it just me or does kerry just have that kind of face that looks like it was carved out of mount rushmore

he just has a very presidential look to him

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

despite his post vietnam opposition, it does not change the fact that he was a purple heart winner (if anyone had the right to oppose the war it was him)

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 03:31 pm: Edit

and his opposition was nothing to be ashamed of. i wathced him argue against the war to a group of congressmen and he was logical, persuasive and eleoquent. most of his points agreed with the 20/20 opinion I garnered from my history class

i think u should have negative sister threads for the candidates

By Demingy (Demingy) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Why, there are plenty of negative threads for the candidates. They just aren't titled that specifically (except for the Bush one).

By Magoo (Magoo) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 05:38 pm: Edit

he is a very nice guy who has bright things ahead of him...HAGS.

j/k...kerry seeks to make college more affordable with tax credits and ending rising college prices.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Friday, June 25, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

His stance on stem cell research. There are many other things I like about him, but this is the biggest one for me (especially given the other options).

By Mominterrupted (Mominterrupted) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 12:04 am: Edit

Positive thing about John Kerry - He's running against that other one. Enough said.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

His separation of his private Catholicism from much of his voting. He is not backing down on abortion rights, despite what the Vatican preaches.

(In my opinion, the Vatican is taking an increasingly active role in American politics. Not good. The Pope, quite simply, does not, nor should he, have a say in American politics. Moral guidance in our daily lives is an entirely different thing from inflicting a very narrow vision of right/wrong onto people who are not a part of your religion.)

By Ares15 (Ares15) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 02:32 am: Edit

Kerry can speak English fluently, I like that.

By Jaug1 (Jaug1) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 12:46 pm: Edit

lmao Ares15. You are brilliant.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 01:00 pm: Edit

kerry is far more qualified for the job

i mean honestly say the two went on a mock job interview... kerry gives in his resume, bush gives in his... kerry gets the job hands down

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS

"Please do NOT discuss or even mention George W. Bush"

That being said, I think John Kerry is very skilled at being a politician. (take that to mean what you will)

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 11:09 am: Edit

He has hair of iron.

By Abrandel05 (Abrandel05) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 11:29 am: Edit

lol noodleman...i have to agree with the Ares, a command of the english language is pretty good, nice that he knows a thing or two about the world, actually anything at all would be an improvement. He has potential

By Mazzo (Mazzo) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:04 pm: Edit

his botox injections are hardly noticeable

By Neo (Neo) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

He doesn't need to see the Wizard of Oz for a brain...or a conscience...or an anti-smirking device.

/clipart{smile}

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 03:05 am: Edit

Kerry is a Vietnam veteran.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 09:34 pm: Edit

He has the same initials has John Fitzgerald Kennedy, a pretty good president.

By Bunmushroom (Bunmushroom) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 09:36 pm: Edit

kerry and his family are very rich

By Thermodude (Thermodude) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

Kerry is very dignified and honorable.

By 2bad4u (2bad4u) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:07 pm: Edit

I find it funny how many posts are in this thread, I realize a lot of *Kerry* supporters think that voting for Kerry is a good way to irritate their republican parents but still,

By Henfour (Henfour) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 08:04 pm: Edit

Kerry is tall and he has better hair than Bush.

By Simba (Simba) on Wednesday, August 11, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

Kerry can speak without a teleprompter.

By Unccadet08 (Unccadet08) on Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 01:46 am: Edit

Kerry is catholic, that's all that matters, actually i think we need more catholic presidents

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page