Last comic standing

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Last comic standing
By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

do any of you watch? I LOVE it. Todd Glass is my favorite human being ever. (the attention song, yay)

I think what they did to Bonnie was mean. She should have chosen Jay London though she's way funnier than him, but no way is she funnier than Heffron.

By Jenlikewhoa (Jenlikewhoa) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 01:00 am: Edit

Yea I agree with you. I don't think Jay is extremely funny. But her act against Heffron was kind of lame. I mean I don't think anorexic jokes are all that funny.

that show rocks.

By Gidget (Gidget) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 08:39 am: Edit

I love that show!

By Philntex (Philntex) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:15 am: Edit

I watched towards the end last year, and laughed my behind off watching the Vietnamese guy. He's hilarious! I've watched on and off this season. Good stuff.

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

ugh, Dat Phan? terrible! I hate him, as does the professional comedic world. =)

I know, Heffron was reallllly funny. It sucks that the rest of that stupid mob pressured him into voting for a friend. Ant really bothers me and he's not funny, and I like Tammy's act, but her fake "mafia" thing is stupid.

Bonnie was the kind of funny that usually is reserved for conversations with friends...like you'll just talk candidly about stuff, but it's not necessarily funny. I don't know. There are people in the house that are less funny than her.

By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 02:23 pm: Edit

yea i dont know if im gonna watch it that much becasue a lot of good people didnt get into the house like the john hopkins guy,and the guy who did the act on the gift cards thing,last years comics were the best esp. dave and ralphie and that guy that went up agaist ralphie

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 06:52 pm: Edit

I loved Rich Vos from last season.

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 01:51 pm: Edit

This year LCS is such a sham. Almost everything about the selection was rigged. Did you guys see the huge controversy at the Las Vegas' finals (the one where Ant was picked to go into the house and Dan Naturman wasn't, even though Ant bombed and Naturman killed)? I'm not saying that some of the finalists aren't funny. In fact, I've taken a liking to Todd Glass, Heffron, and Gulman, but many of the comics who made it DO NOT deserve it. Of course, there's nothing good you can expect from a comedy show that crowned Dat Phan (the hackiest of hacks) as the "funniest person in America."

I'll be watching LCS for those 3 guys that I mentioned above, but that's it. If you guys want a truly funny comedy show, watch Tough Crowd w/ Colin Quinn.

BTW, I love Rich Vos too!

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 01:56 pm: Edit

Colin Quinn's show is fantastic, as is Jon Stewart's.

Actually, Jay London got into the house over Dan Naturman. Neither London nor Ant should have gotten in though.

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 02:51 pm: Edit

there is absolutely nothing funny about london's act, i don't even get what he's trying to do, he just makes fun of his appearance and acts retarded.

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 09:26 pm: Edit

yeah, but i think he gets eliminated in the next episode though (YAY!! can't wait!!). Todd Glass is going to be eliminated in tonight's episode and I'm going to be crushed. BTW, I hope my spoiler information is correct.

Babybird, was Naturman in London's grouping of five at the Las Vegas finals? b/c I didn't watch most of that show so I don't know. I just read that there was a huge controversy over Ant getting into the house over Naturman.

By Curiouskatie (Curiouskatie) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

yes xiaoxia, correct! i just finished watching it. how did you know?

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

I knew b/c I'm a genius.

Actually, I was checking the LCS 2 thread on my favorite comedy-related website, and the guy who operates it posted spoilers for the season three weeks ago. I'm assuming they're right b/c they've been right so far. I'm so relieved that Ant's not in the final five.

Haha, wasn't it funny when Tammy said that she didn't want to be a "typical female comedian" and talk about boyfriends and "typical female" stuff so she goes onstage and she talks about "typical Italian/Sicilian" stuff? She's this season's Dat Phan. Todd had the better set. He deserved to go back to that house. Oh well, at least I still have Heffron and Gulman to look forward to.

By Jmatt (Jmatt) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 11:47 pm: Edit

So Xiaoxia, tell me, who are in the final five? Ya even I thought he was funnier than Tammy today. Ya you're so right about her being this year's dat phan. But I don't think she's going to win this year because all her jokes are about the Sicilian thing and it's bound to get irritating for people (it already is for me).

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 02:34 am: Edit

Well, Jmatt, I wasn't going to post those spoilers, but I guess I should since I already announced that Jay London was going to get cut next week. So here goes...

SPOILER ALERT (WARNING: DO NOT SCROLL DOWN ANY FURTHER IF YOU'RE GOING TO WHINE AND COMPLAIN TO ME LATER THAT I SPOILED THE SHOW FOR YOU. B/C TRUST ME, NBC RUINED THE SHOW LONG BEFORE IT BEGAN AIRING.)

t
h
e
s
e
a
r
e
t
h
e
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
r
e
m
e
m
b
e
r
t
o
n
o
t
g
e
t
m
a
d
a
t
m
e
!

the final five are (please keep in mind that this isn't official)...

gary gulman
kathleen madigan
john heffron
tammy pescatelli
alonzo bodden

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 12:35 am: Edit

Naturman was passed over in favor of Jay London.

NBC could have made LCS the best show EVER. By keeping funny people in. But leaving it up to drama queens just annoys me. Glass was my ultimate fave. No one ever stays in that deserves it. Like Mordal from last year.

By Jmatt (Jmatt) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 07:08 pm: Edit

whaat! that sucks! i hate every1 in that list except heffron. kathleen madigan? cmon now...

By Demingy (Demingy) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 11:34 am: Edit

HEY! Kathleen Madigan rocks! I must admit that I was surprised to see her competing though because she is already pretty popular and making really good money.

By Jmatt (Jmatt) on Saturday, July 03, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

Oh she is? hmm maybe i haven't seen enough of her.

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:45 pm: Edit

eek. sorry i was wrong in saying that London was going to get cut this week. I guess Ant is going to get cut instead. I read that Gary Gulman does the most head-to-head elimination challenges and he wins all of them b/c "the ladies love him."

If I'm wrong about Ant being cut this week, then I'll stop giving you guys my misinformed spoilers. :-).

I don't think Kathleen Madigan is very funny. I agree that she's popular and is making good money, but her material is too boring and unoriginal. But i don't think that she's a hack; Ant is a hack.

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 09:55 pm: Edit

WHAT

tonight, ant was so funny i was jumping up and down rolling on the floor laughing

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Wednesday, July 07, 2004 - 08:02 pm: Edit

I don't like Ant because his act basically revolves around him being gay. All of his sets on LCS (his tryout, the NY and Las Vegas finals) are centered around him being gay. Examples: "I am sooooo gay," "I'm a queen in America and I outrank you," "Matt Damon, gay."

Cringehumor.net had this to say about him: "Most of us grew to despise Ant on Last Comic Standing. John Witherspoon called him out and asked why all of his jokes have to revolve around his homosexuality. Awful Joe Rogan even pointed out one of his jokes that was featured in the movie Boiler Room."

Also, after watching the head-to-head elimination, I realized something else: Ant has horrible delivery. It's too cheesy and forced.

By Jmatt (Jmatt) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 12:27 am: Edit

"I don't like Ant because his act basically revolves around him being gay" -
Exactly.

By Evan_Stocky1 (Evan_Stocky1) on Thursday, July 08, 2004 - 03:39 pm: Edit

Jay London is mad funny. He has a Rodney Dangerfield rapid fire of one liners.

By Babybird87 (Babybird87) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Stephen Wright called Jay London. He wants his act back.

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Jay London got kicked off. Gary won two times with him and Ant, he's on a roll. Jay was hilarious though.

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 08:19 am: Edit

I was pissed when Jim Norton was disqualified. That sucked. He was probably the funniest of them all and probably woulda won. I haven't seen the last one, but o well.

By Xiaoxia (Xiaoxia) on Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Wow, skiowad. You know who Norton is?!? That's awesome that there's another CCer that knows who he is. I love Jim Norton to death. It did suck when he was disqualified but he said (on his blog) that he would've never wanted to be in the house after the whole "Las Vegas finals fiasco." And I don't think that he would've won though. America loves an unoriginal, unfunny, stereotypical-Asian hack, but America does not love a urine-drinking, bald man with a thousand dollar per week prostitution and a close resemblance to a slug.

Earlier this week I read some exciting news concerning LCS. I read that since NBC is so happy w/ LCS 2's ratings, they've decided to do a LCS 3 in August, right after the current season ends. It's going to be the final five from this season against the final five from the first season. It's going to be all stand-up. There's going to be no immunity challenges and this time, America gets to vote throughout the entire thing, not just for the final person. That's all I heard about it, I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm excited to see Vos again. Too bad Dave Mordal was sent home...

By Supernal_Being (Supernal_Being) on Wednesday, July 28, 2004 - 01:01 am: Edit

I'm sorry, but I just love Jerry Seinfeld. I think he's a comic genius.

By Pinkearmufs (Pinkearmufs) on Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 10:17 pm: Edit

wow jay london won the wildcard, wasn't expecting that. He's really funny, but the self-deprecating, funny one-liner thing isn't as funny anymore, unless he gets some really funny material that is

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

the mastercard/masturbating joke was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Friday, July 30, 2004 - 11:41 pm: Edit

Of course Supernal_Being, Seinfeld is in a different league than these people. These guys are trying to make it in the biz, Seinfeld made it in the 80's.

By Kousuke (Kousuke) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 12:25 am: Edit

corey=most unfunny person in the world. his jokes dont even make sense, and when they do, they still suck
jay=second most unfunny person in the world, his one liners got boring after the first time i saw him. and he keeps on saying "o for 1" and "im sorry folks, its almost over." SHUT UP!!!!

they should have kept that middle eastern guy from johns hopkins, he was hillarious.

By Pinkearmufs (Pinkearmufs) on Saturday, July 31, 2004 - 04:21 pm: Edit

ya he was!!

By Coqui (Coqui) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

am i the only one who doen't think any of the last 6 comics are funny? honestly, i think you guys have just lowered your standards because it's reality tv.

By Coqui (Coqui) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

am i the only one who doen't think any of the last 6 comics are funny? honestly, i think you guys have just lowered your standards because it's reality tv.

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Tuesday, August 03, 2004 - 09:37 pm: Edit

HEY WTF! Dat Fang from last year was hilarious. Sure his asian jokes got a bit old but he deserved to win. Also, you can't blame the show for who wins, PEOPLE CALL IN AND VOTE.

Anyways, not to be sexist, but women just aren't funny. I have never seen one of the woman's acts funnier than even the WORST guy's act.

They are just not funny at all. You keep thinking "wow when is this over" when you watch a woman trying to be funny.

By Coqui (Coqui) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 12:20 am: Edit

well Duke3d4 is an ass

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 02:18 am: Edit

Duke, I agree with you to some extent, but keep it to yourself buddy. I do find Elaine from Seinfeld to be hilarious. There aren't many others.

By Nlkrueger (Nlkrueger) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 04:03 pm: Edit

And Dat Phan was NOT funny. Not at all. I kept watching the show thinking...when will people realize that his jokes are stupid and unoriginal.
I couldn't believe it when he won against Dave and then Ralphie in the finals. He was the worst comedian (if you can call him that) in the house from both seasons.

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

Duke,
I find myself hilarious.
Sincerely,
Ashley

For Example:
How do you trap a rhino?
Dig a big hole, fill it with ash, and when the rhino goes up to investigate...kick him in the ash hole.

How do you trap an elephant?....

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 04:21 pm: Edit

horrible... i am now even more biased than i was before.

By Duke3d4 (Duke3d4) on Wednesday, August 04, 2004 - 04:25 pm: Edit

hey ash, weren't you the girl that argued that "who's who" and those "national leadership things" were actually worth something?

AHAHAH.. i changed my mind. that thread actually DID make me laugh. congrats, lol....

By Skiowad (Skiowad) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 06:07 am: Edit

Yeah, sorry Ashley. That's just not funny. Don't worry, I'm not funny either (but I'm a male, and I don't think Duke will be saying all males aren't funny just because I'm not....)

Duke, there've been plenty of funny female stand-ups. They may not be as funny as Seinfeld or such, but they are funny. If you don't find them funny, it's probably because of preconceived thoughts of women not being funny. Quit hating women and enjoy the comedy.

By Techieguy (Techieguy) on Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 12:15 pm: Edit

I think Ellen Degeneres is funny. Um... that's all I can think of right now but I'm sure there are more.

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:33 am: Edit

Seinfeld isn't funny either. There are no funny people on television. The only funny people that exists today are those rare folks who seem to posess the ability to be naturally funny, no matter what they say. And, to date, I have only seen one person who may fit that category actually on TV. And that person was...I can't remember his name, but he was on an old Hollywood Square show. Had a hat, wore suspenders, kinda old.. (NOT bruce falanch (sp?) oh god, definitly not him!)...

I've been around only a handful of naturally funny people in my lifetime, and those moments were funnier than any I have seen on television. good times.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page