Do those cell phone sticky antennas really work?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Do those cell phone sticky antennas really work?
By Hokie_2004 (Hokie_2004) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:56 am: Edit

I saw one at best buy, its a sticky thing that you put behind the battery of the phone and it supposedly helps you get a better signal. I was wondering because i live in an apartment on the bottom floor and i'm getting really bad reception in here with my new cell phone.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 07:40 am: Edit

no

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:13 pm: Edit

best advice would be to ask the people at best buy/a cellphone & tech store or call the phone company (desperate attempt)...more than likely they'll give u an honest answer.

however my intuition says NO, ARE YOU KIDDING THAT'S PROBABLY THE BIGGEST RIP OFF IN THE WORLD...If you are going to get one make sure someone else pays for it.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 08:22 am: Edit

I bought one like an idiot. Waste of $.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:36 am: Edit

I have never been able to figure out how it is supposed to work. It's just a sticker with pretty gold foil on it. Antennas just don't work that way.....if they did we wouldn't have so many phones with antennas sticking out of them.

I agree with Magoo. If you really aren't sure, check around, but I really doubt they work.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 12:23 pm: Edit

Oh Magoo, you've done it again!

Sorry. I couldn't help it.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page