How to start with an american girl

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: How to start with an american girl
By Alive4ever (Alive4ever) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:19 pm: Edit

Hey everybody
I just wanna know how do you guys start dating with a girl. I moved up here in USA since almost one here but haven't dated any girl yet. I just have some friends but we are just limited to say " Hi".I know some of them are waiting for me to make the first step but which first step? So definitly how do you start talking with a girl.I hope to have a lot of answers from girls...lol....

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

I don't know. Just get to know them. It's all about personality.

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:09 pm: Edit

American girls...

Offer them money. No really, I don't know. I never really thought about it. Maybe you are thinking too much. Just be you.

Girls will simply talk to you. It's called socializing. If they'd like to advance the relationship, you'll know. They will either let you know i.e. ask to have sex, or they'll get someone else to tell you.

P.S. The best situation is not a forced situation. If you have to over analyze asking a girl out, maybe it wasn't meant to be (In terms of that individual girl).

By Televelis (Televelis) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:54 pm: Edit

I agree that you'll know... but I've never seen it as blunt as asking to have sex or anything like that.

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Has anyone ever got the feeling that you go with girls just because you're supposed to?

(receives blank stares)

Um... oh look at the time. Good bye.. er hum..

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 08:00 am: Edit

I was joking about the sex part. (I watch too much TV.)

*stares blankly at Foreignboy*

By Rachelvish (Rachelvish) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 09:27 am: Edit

maybe you should talk to girls just like you talk to boys- it's kind of insulting, at least to me, otherwise. Just talk to "them"- whoever you want to talk to- like you would talk to your friends. And don't overanalyze everything so much. If you're friendly to someone most likely they will be friendly back. It's really important to feel comfortable with a person, guy or girl.. then you can worry about dating her

By Salamanda (Salamanda) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 06:40 pm: Edit

once u find that girl, tell her that u enjoy talking and hanging w/ her.Then ask for her sn, e-mail adress, and/or phone #

after that, things will get easier

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

umm, def. agree with chapter322...if you are already friends/talking to them, find the right moment and let them know how you feel...you want to keep it simple and catch her when she relaxed and is enjoying your company

good luck let us know the conclusion to this chapter...

*still stares blankly at foreignboy*
...is there something you'd like to tell us? maybe you're seein the wrong...women :)

By Chemgirl (Chemgirl) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 05:05 pm: Edit

It absolutely depends on the type of girl. If you're going for the inappropriate, sin-filled type of relationship that focuses solely on sex, ect., then I don't know what to tell you.
Personally, I like it when guys talk to me like a friend, rather than like a potential conquest. Guys should make more of a habit of being gentlemanly (ie open doors, carry girl's backpack, offer to pay for lunch, refrain from using disgusting language or discussing gross/inappropriate topics, ect.) If I respect a guy, I am way more likely to go out w/ him. Just be a nice guy... don't necessarily try to be "mr. cool/hot" - you're just going to look dumb. Oh, and please, always actually follow through with stuff. When you say you're going to call a girl, actually call her. Additionally, when you talk to a girl, look at her eyes/face. She always notices (and is not impressed) when you look elsewhere. Kay, I'm done rambling. Although I could definitely continue on another rampage without any inhibitions.

By Chimmortal (Chimmortal) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Use:
A. Confidence
B. Humor

Also, don't be her little lapdog if you ever want to have a chance of getting more than a kiss. Being a gentleman is good, but don't be her slave.

By Eclinchy (Eclinchy) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 11:16 pm: Edit

Foreignboy, I'm not staring blankly at all, I know what you mean.

Chimmortal pretty much covered it in that little three-sentence post though. Perfect.

By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 01:38 am: Edit

it also depends on the girl. some girls like guys who are very talkative and non-timid, while other girls like guys who aren't quite as talkative and a bit timid.

the best bet would be to start off a bit timid, as talk more later on, and if she warms up to you, then wolla, there u go.

personality is also a big thing, and so are looks. if u dont look as good as some guys, but have a great personality, u got a good shot, and vica versa.

dont be annoying and stuff, and dont make her feel uncomfortable, and dont do really really weird stuff, cause many times, it turns girls OFF.

oh, here is another hint. be funny. ALL girls like funny people. not like class clowns, but be funny every now and then. joke around. but dont be weird and make jokes about stuff she has probably never heard of.

um. if i can think of anything else, i will let u know.

good luck

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page