AD or after death

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: AD or after death
By Justperfect (Justperfect) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 08:44 pm: Edit

who here is scared about dieing,that has been a scarying thing whenever it comes up,i think to myself what will epople remeber about me and will they remeber me.also what do you think happens when you die,personally i think nothing b/c it would be really crwoded if their was a heaven and hell, you know all the people in history, really think about it!!!

By Neo (Neo) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Your last point -- the one about overcrowding?

I don't think Heaven could run out of room. The known Universe alone is said to be over 156 *billion* light years wide.

That's 156 billion multiplied by 9,500,000,000,000 kilometers.

If you believe in a Heaven created by God...and you believe God created the Universe...then I think you shouldn't spend your life worrying if God could make Heaven large enough to fit everything else He created.

As you said...think about it.

By Rachelvish (Rachelvish) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

For me, it's either way-
If I get reincarnated, that will be fine, if I just die and disintegrate it will also be okay because the world is so beautiful and I would be able to just soak into it. If you are worried about it, it's normal, but try to gain a sense of contentment and understand whatever happens is out of your control- whatever happens, you'll end up wonderfully.

By Usunkmyb_Ship (Usunkmyb_Ship) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 10:43 pm: Edit

I want to be a ghost or spirit. I don't wanna scare people or anything, just roam the earth for all eternity. Maybe be someone's gardian angel or something. Yeah.

By Somecanadianguy (Somecanadianguy) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 11:06 pm: Edit

ummm AD isn't after death, its Anno Dommi(sp?) just wanted to point that out
Anyway, even if there really is nothing "beyond" this life, which I seriously doubt, you won't really be alive to notice, so it won't matter anyway, and I seriously doubt you'd end up in "hell"
So worry about life when you are alive, worry about death when you are dead.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:03 am: Edit

anno dominae....in the year of our lord

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 12:09 am: Edit

who here is scared about dieing...nope not me :) im to busy planning to live, i seldom think about death, when i do its relates to a experience...someone i knew died in a car crash this year, so of course i thought about it when it was present, but dwelling on it isn't healthy...its fine to contimplate heaven hell reincarnation etc. but thinking about the day you die all the time is to much.

...don't worry about what people think about you when you are dead, alive, sleeping, taking a shower whatever...you are a unique individual, a miracle that should spend its time living happily, the way you want to...that's when people will remember positive things about you, and name highways and malls after you. :)

By Foreignboy (Foreignboy) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 11:43 am: Edit

Here's a joke about death:

Since GW Bush is a celebrity, he was greeted by the Devil himself in Hell. So the Devil says to him, "You have three options of how to spend eternity. Let me give you a tour."

They go to the first room, and there are people being continuously whipped. Bush says, "Yikes, let's see the other two."

In the second room, everyone is forced to stand upside down in human feces several feet high. So Bush says, "This is even worse! What's option No. 3?"

They go to the third room, in which Bill Clinton is being given oral sex by Monica Lewinsky. When Bush sees this, he says, "Ok this doesn't seem half as bad as the other two. I think I'll go with this one."

The Devil says, "No problem. Lewinsky, you can have a break, your replacement is here."

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 12:21 pm: Edit

It's Anno Domini, not Dominae.

So what's Clinton's punishment?

By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 02:59 pm: Edit

i guess getting head from a guy?...kinda random, i heard this one before though...somewhat funny.

By Haithman (Haithman) on Thursday, June 24, 2004 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Oh...I feel stupid...

By Ronkebam (Ronkebam) on Sunday, July 04, 2004 - 11:36 pm: Edit

I believe after death you meet God, and Jesus and all ur brothers and sisters from the ancient days.
I believe the choices we make here on earth will determine how we will spend eternity. I mean c'mon, do u think there are no consequences or no rewards for the things we do on this earth in the after life?

By Alejandro (Alejandro) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 12:26 am: Edit

I mean c'mon, do u think there are no consequences or no rewards for the things we do on this earth in the after life

I think so...
I read somewhere that the bible says there was space in heaven for 7,000 people...ok so now count the saints, count the good people that have crossed this world...now, after counting them, is there still space for you?

Anyway, justperfect, seize the moment, dont think about death

By Ronkebam (Ronkebam) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 03:03 pm: Edit

Alejandro....
There is absolutely no where in the bible that says that. There is however one place(Revelation) that talks about the number from each tribe of Isreal that will be ressurected at the coming of Jesus.
The bible also says anyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ, and who puts their trust in Him will be saved.
I don't know absolute truth but I know the bible. Shoot the guy who said 7000 peps.

By Chavi (Chavi) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 04:28 pm: Edit

I think that 7,000 number has to do with what Jehovah Witnesses believe. They have some certain finite number of people they believe will be saved, which number is less than the number of Jehovah Witnesses in the world. I'm curious as to why they preach this number and can still recruit followers if they have such a small chance of getting into heaven? Just a silly thought since you were on that subject.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 05:02 pm: Edit

wait, jehovahs witnessess...i thought they believed in something 144,000 souls allowed into heaven...7,000 is jus crazy...heaven would already be full by now...personally i believe that there is an infinite amt of room for those who did good things for the world, and those who spread love...u can call me crazy.

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Okay, I don't care what you believe but here's my 2 cents.
Athiest: good for you, you'll just disintegrate
Reincarnation: if you're good, you'll have a good second/third/etc. life
"Traditional" religious: if you're good (i.e. don't kill people) you'll go to heaven, or at least the purgatory. Don't worry about hell much (go Judaism).

As for myself, the only thing I'm afraid of (re: death) is the pain that I'll have to endure before it happens. So hopefully I'll be really old and just die in my sleep. Until then I'll go on living and being a generally good person. If people remember me then that's great. If not - hey I don't care, I'm dead.

Have a nice life.

By Chavi (Chavi) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:50 pm: Edit

Sorry, don't think there can be a different truth for each person, depending upon what they believe. There is an objective truth out there, and our Creator wants us to discover it. I think it is perfectly logical that he has revealed it, we just have to keep questioning and searching till we find it. Don't be content and quit thinking and looking so early in the game.

By Chavi (Chavi) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 06:51 pm: Edit

P.S. The only way to get past your fears is to face them and find the answers, not just shove them back into the dark recesses of your mind.

By Ronkebam (Ronkebam) on Monday, July 05, 2004 - 11:34 pm: Edit

Chavi, I like the way u think.
Magoo, there are 12 tribes in Isreal, the 12 children of Jacob. There is a select number, to be exact 12 000 from each tribe making up 144 000 from these 12 tribes of Isreal. I don't know exactly how it works, but I know if God could create the Universe, and all of us can live on just a fraction of it, He sure can handle the countless generations that have past and will pass.
To be specific, I believe in Jesus, the holy Spirit and all the pro-christian ideals.
Chavi, like you said, we shouldn't give up searching and wanting to know, and God has probably revealed it, we just have to seek and we will find.
Stay cool guys!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page