Does anyone have gmail?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Does anyone have gmail?
By Ginnyvere (Ginnyvere) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:13 pm: Edit

I know that google hasn't officially announced when Gmail is going to be available to the general public, but have they told people with accounts? How did the people who have accounts get them? And finally, is gmail as good as Google has hyped it to be? I'm looking for a new e-mail address for college that isn't given to me by the college and I was hoping that I'd be able to get a gmail account by August.

By Televelis (Televelis) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:21 pm: Edit

Yeah, I'm going to try and get a Gmail account too... until then, Yahoo just upgraded their free accounts to 100 megabytes of space and 10 megabytes of attachments per email. It's not such a bad deal.

By Foundnemo (Foundnemo) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:44 pm: Edit

I got my account through an invite. It's nothing super, just a lot of space. I still like Yahoo better because it has more features.

By Neona (Neona) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 05:14 pm: Edit

Spymac also offers a free gig...and a free blog...and around 400mb of picture/webspace.

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 06:37 pm: Edit

shameless plug: anyone want to give me an invite? pretty please? i'll be your best friend! lol

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 04:13 am: Edit

Just got gmail today from a friend. I'm not a big email user anyways and the "features" don't matter to me that much. I like the space and hopefully it's better with attachements than my old hotmail. Contacts list is all I need, and it's oh so pretty.

Sorry can't invite anyone yet, I'll let you know.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page