International student desesperate

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: International student desesperate
By Alive4ever (Alive4ever) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 08:31 pm: Edit

Hello my message is kind of sad but I just want to expose you my problem and ask you if possible for some solutions. I'm an international student and I have been here for one year. My college cost is not that much expensive but my parents can't afford neither my college nor my living expenses any more. So I started working but I don't get too much money and most of the money I make is to pay for my rent and the public transportation I use to take.Now I'm so disappointed because I don't know how I'm going to pay for my next fall semester and I don't have acces to financial aids because I'm not a US citizen or permanent resident. I even did try to get a loan but most of the available loans for international student ask you for a US citizen or perm resident COSIGNER.
So my questions, Do you know a loan who doesn't ask international student for a US cosigner? Do you know so aids or any kind of helps for international in needs? Is anybody has a solution to help me paying for my college and keep on studying? I'm so frightened as long as the fall is coming. Please help me.

By Geodude666 (Geodude666) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:00 pm: Edit

try to secure a loan from your native country

By Zhou (Zhou) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:55 am: Edit

Yeah,why not try getting loan from your home country?I am an international student going to Tulane this fall.Good luck and God bless!

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:22 pm: Edit

yes, try and look for that loan, but in the mean time, go to www.fastweb.com, or www.scholarships.com and look for scholarships. there aren't to many companies that offer loans to internationals but you might be in luck because what little amt of companies exist might be starving for international students...also you might want to check again to see if there are any loan/financial services for those who are not american citizens...

if this doesn't work out maybe, just maybe you could ask your boss for some kinda loan, advanced payment or possibly a raise...i know that is REALLY far fetched so thats like your last resort...

do you plan to live in the states after school? if so start early on getting your citizenship.

your story troubles me especially since you aren't getting to many replies, you might want to go the financial aid forum or high school life or parent forum to post the same message...don't stop looking and keep your eyes open on ways to make a little bit of cash even if you have to sell limonade on a hot day...you would be surprised on how many succesful americans started out where you are...keep studying and your persistance might even make you my boss :)

:) GOOD LUCK :) and best wishes to you, let us know if you find something. :)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page