Artists -- What do you do?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Artists -- What do you do?
By Girlx (Girlx) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:41 pm: Edit

I've always loved doing art (drawing) but I've never really had the time to indulge. However, I have a little time this summer, so I actually want to do something art-related. However, I'm not sure what I could do besides draw by myself, which is a little boring. I want to *do* something with it. So, all you guys who do art all the time, what sort of things do you do?

By C_J (C_J) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:06 am: Edit

You can join an art class. Maybe they have them in your area. I've been attending once a week art classes for the last nine years, although my focus is oil painting rather than drawing. Some colleges also offer summer art workshops. Look around!

Competitions can be fun. I recently drew the cover for a ballet school's brochure and am currently busy putting together a college art portfolio. Goals like competitions or porfolio makings can inspire you to stick with your work. :)

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

I do commissions for people. They give me a picture of their dog, kid, etc, and I draw it for them. You make okay money, only I am too stupid to overcharge lol.

By Tobes (Tobes) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:14 pm: Edit

you could also try looking for an internship with an advertising company or something although i didnt have much luck with that myself...
also, while it's too late to do it this summer, some options for next summer would be doing a program at an art school like parsons in nyc or risd in providence, ri. there's also overseas programs that go to paris and florence and stuff for art. and i found this cool place in massachusetts called snow farm which is an art camp. if you're at least 18 you can also do adult weekend intensive programs there.

By Platinumtlc (Platinumtlc) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:48 pm: Edit

I don't do art all the time.
I do take photography though. I took Beginner's Photography, Advanced Photography, and just finished up my Indepedent Study on Photography for this semester. I am going to take Independant Study again next year.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page