What's your Personality Type?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: What's your Personality Type?
By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

http://bloginality.love-productions.com/index2.php
Thi one's really short

INFJ here

I'm interested in seeing what most CCers are like

By Bumblebee83 (Bumblebee83) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:01 pm: Edit

I'm an INTJ....I think I've taken the long version of this test before and it was so many questions! This one was much nicer :)

By Chocoman (Chocoman) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:03 pm: Edit

INTJ. I didn't take it, but every test I've taken has said that.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:05 pm: Edit

ENTP
@/@
___

By Nathalie26 (Nathalie26) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 03:18 pm: Edit

INTP

By Apocalypse_Now (Apocalypse_Now) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Another INTJ

By Seleucus26 (Seleucus26) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:22 pm: Edit

ISTJ

By Aspirer42 (Aspirer42) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:37 pm: Edit

INTP, but quite close to an INTJ.

I have a feeling we're going to be finding a lot of "I"s come up on here.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:47 pm: Edit

I've taken these tests several times as well so I didn't take this one. I actually fluctuate between INFP and ENFJ.

By Maud (Maud) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:47 pm: Edit

INFP

By Lawyergirl4989 (Lawyergirl4989) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

INFP

By Korey (Korey) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 05:59 pm: Edit

ISTJ

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 06:06 pm: Edit

INTJ

By Kwtortoise (Kwtortoise) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 06:56 pm: Edit

INTJ

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Me = INFP = 1% of population = Yay!

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 08:17 pm: Edit

INTJ.

Possible career paths for me include engineering and law. Managed to hit both. :)

By Daffodil22 (Daffodil22) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:14 pm: Edit

INTJ

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

ISTJ

By Alita (Alita) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 09:21 pm: Edit

does anybody know where a long version of this is? i hate the short ones cause i never know which side to choose....grrr.

By Glowingamy (Glowingamy) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:10 pm: Edit

INFP

and yes I am a total idealist!

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Alita, the longer version can be found here

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I am saying right that I would guess most CC people to be Is and Ns.

But bucking that trend we have 1 E(xtrovert) and 2 S(ensor)s

By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:21 pm: Edit

ESTP... Guess the makes me the minority here. I read the descriptions too, very accurate.

By Caramelapple (Caramelapple) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:51 pm: Edit

INTP

By Mac87 (Mac87) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 11:35 pm: Edit

it said INFP

but i could have just as easily choose the other choice on all of them

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 11:48 pm: Edit

INTJ, but i took a different version and got INFJ

By Gianscolere (Gianscolere) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:00 am: Edit

took a third test and got INTJ

By C_J (C_J) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 12:55 am: Edit

And yet another INTJ :)

By Nyc33 (Nyc33) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:17 am: Edit

ENTP..this thing is really accurate to the point where its a little scary lol

By Televelis (Televelis) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 02:43 am: Edit

INTP... scary how accurate it was.

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:46 am: Edit

ENFP-I agree with my results

By Collegeboarders (Collegeboarders) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:54 am: Edit

ESTP -- Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling , Perceiving.

Haha, I kinda feel like a loser because I'm the only one who actually extended the abbreviation -- does that mean all the rest of you just KNOW what IFOEPROAPDFA means?? Impressivo... :-)

By Ninjamom (Ninjamom) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 07:21 am: Edit

ENFP

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:10 am: Edit

Cool! More Es!

By Insanity (Insanity) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:29 am: Edit

ha not an E

ISTP

By Insanity (Insanity) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:36 am: Edit

the long one was ENTJ, though

By Wandering (Wandering) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:49 am: Edit

ISTJ

By Philntex (Philntex) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:13 pm: Edit

ENFP. Right on!

By Brenner87 (Brenner87) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:25 pm: Edit

ENTJ

By Girlx (Girlx) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 01:57 pm: Edit

INTJ. TheSpark.com said I was this too... hm.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:11 pm: Edit

... and INTJ (and INTP I think) are supposed to compromise only 1-2% of the population!

By Rachelvish (Rachelvish) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 03:34 pm: Edit

ENTJ! Guess I'm a minority here

By Cutie911 (Cutie911) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 04:38 pm: Edit

ESTJ- this is pretty accurate

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:12 pm: Edit

ENTP...THAT'S RIGHT...i dunno there was one question that kinda fit both of me...i'm sleepy.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 09:53 pm: Edit

ENFP on the second test? a little puzzled.

By Ella05 (Ella05) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 10:03 pm: Edit

woo-hoo! ESTP's unite! I'm excited to be extraverted.

By Kimbojion (Kimbojion) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:26 am: Edit

INTJ

By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 02:55 am: Edit

ENTP, having evolved over many years from INTJ.

The NT is very strong; relatively close to the boundaries of E/I and P/J.

When first exposed to this, I was dubious until I started reading about the SJ's. I was thinking, "nobody would ever live like this" and then realized it described a whole category of people who always drove me nuts.

By Neelesh (Neelesh) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:07 am: Edit

ENFP yea baby yea

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:25 pm: Edit

TheDad: I read the "INTJ and personal relationships" and started to understand why there are some people that I just cannot communicate with. (Then again, two of my closest friends are SF types. Eh.) It did a great job of explaining why I tend to make people insecure in relationships (independence and lack of constant affection will do it).

By Rohit_Sn (Rohit_Sn) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 03:32 pm: Edit

IFSP

By Thedad (Thedad) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 07:43 pm: Edit

Aries, I think you will find that you *can* communicate with some Others but at times it's almost as if having to have a translator to say what you want in a way that connects with the other person. Sometimes, all the fluff verbiage required may seem like a complete change of subject.

My best friends are invariably NT's and NF's. From my perspective, SJ's are the bane of my existence--and they're a very common type--and SP's tend to be just *so* flighty. However, I recognize that I could use a little more of an SP's "living in the moment" instead of looking at life as a multidimensional matrix.

By Ndcountrygirl (Ndcountrygirl) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

ISTJ

I've taken lots of tests and always end up with this answer. It fits me completely except for one little part.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 12:45 am: Edit

I never end up with the same answer. I'm ALWAYS an E, and then the rest are always borderline.

I think that means one thing... I'm WEIRD!!

I found a test online with 72 questions and it told me that I am ENFP. I was overwhelmingly E and N, while the other two were pretty close to the borderline. I think I used to be more of an ENTJ, but then over this year I went through a lot of change and evolved into more of a ENFP.

By Texan (Texan) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 01:33 am: Edit

ENFP

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 09:00 am: Edit

I took it again and got J-E-R-K.

WTF?

By Demingy (Demingy) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:27 am: Edit

Hahahaha, Noodleman.

By Noodleman (Noodleman) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 11:56 am: Edit

:)

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 05:57 pm: Edit

TheDad: You mean to tell me that life is not a multi-dimensional matrix? Huh?

Aries, I think you will find that you *can* communicate with some Others but at times it's almost as if having to have a translator to say what you want in a way that connects with the other person. Maybe one could communicate with them, but I suspect that the people who nearly give me migraines are among the Others. I do consider screeing potential friends with this. ;)

However, I recognize that I could use a little more of an SP's "living in the moment" That has nothing to do with M-B personality and everything to do with you being a Virgo.

In high school, we did a learning styles test with the S/N, T/F. I came up, no surprise, heavily NT, slightly less ST, very little NF and almost no SF. NTs are supposed to be intuitive and analytical; STs those who study all day, every day; SFs like to relate to what they are doing; NFs are the artsy ones.

Twinkle: I think anyone here could tell you that you are an E! I think I would give you more of the F than the T, maybe more of the J than the P. Not sure.

By Bigtom (Bigtom) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:19 pm: Edit

ENFP

but I've taken a longer version of the test and I got exactly 50% Extroverted and 50% Introverted. Kind of weird, I know

By Acennace (Acennace) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 06:58 pm: Edit

So, I'm the second INFJ here (after GameGuy56)

By Candij (Candij) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 07:02 pm: Edit

INTJ

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 12:40 am: Edit

When I get 100 types, I'm gonna do a comparison of CCers to the general public, so don't be shy, please, go ahead and post away!

By Gottagetout (Gottagetout) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:04 am: Edit

iNTj

This is odd though, because many times my results have yielded iNTp. Usually the tests say the p/j is slightly expressed or some such. I think it depends on my mood...

By Entropicgirl (Entropicgirl) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:59 am: Edit

INTJ, consistently, over many years, though the I and the J are shiftier.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 04:36 pm: Edit

TheDad: You mean to tell me that life is not a multi-dimensional matrix? Huh?

Well, to expand upon this first we need the results of a Turing test.

Btw, we Virgos don't believe in astrology.

By Stug (Stug) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 01:44 am: Edit

Borderline INTJ and INTP (it was 50/50)

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:43 pm: Edit

"Twinkle: I think anyone here could tell you that you are an E! I think I would give you more of the F than the T, maybe more of the J than the P. Not sure."

Aries- I decided I am a bit more F than T, but not extremely so. However, that extra pull of the F explains why people think that I would NOT be temperamentally suited to be a good lawyer despite other qualities that would assist me if I chose to go in that direction after college.

I don't really know about the J or P though. I think I kind of fluctuate back and forth. I'm not even sure exactly what distinguishes J's from P's- to me it's more of a thing between planning, deliberation, and set rules vs. impulsiveness, spontaneity and flexible rules. But not exactly sure. I'm not totally positive over the differences between a S and N, either, but I DO know the difference between an E and an I very well :) It boggles my parents' minds that a long time ago I used to be a "shy" kid. I don't think I was ever really shy, though, I just hadn't learned to work my social skills as well as I did when I started getting older. There was always an extrovert waiting to pop out!

By Thedad (Thedad) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 01:40 am: Edit

Twinkle, the best way I've seen to describe J vs. P is are you goal-oriented or process-oriented? Which is more important to you, meeting deadlines or gathering more information?

S vs. N is very easy for me. Us N's live in our heads and are comfortable with the abstract and the imaginary; the S's live with what their five senses tell them, very concrete, very meat-and-potatoes.

I think you may be relatively shy...in the Excessive Extroverts Club.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 02:52 am: Edit

Thedad, the funny thing is that I must really be a borderline J vs. P. I hate deadlines, I'd rather have a relative deadline and get things done (within a reasonable amount of time). Like it's psychological. If I need to do something for Tuesday, I can get it done for Tuesday, but if someone is like you MUST get this done for Ruesday, I don't like that. I like more relative deadlines. I can deal with them as I've had to in the past, but it's not my personal style.

I like the process part of things sometimes, but other times I just REALLY want to reach the goal and don't care how I get it done. It depends. I think that's why I'm borderline. I also flip flop between being extremely deliberate to impulsiveness.

Sometimes I like planning things out, sometimes I like just getting up and DOING SOMETHING with no real notice.

Your description of N vs. S makes a lot of sense and now I can see why I am a lot more N than S.:)

LOL...the Excessive Extroverts Club. Seriously, I really do have a little ounce of introvertedness that creeps out or surfaces every once in awhile. It's pretty rare though. Sometimes I have weird days where I want to hang out by myself and watch a movie by myself or listen to music and just think. But I can't do that for too long or otherwise I begin to wither away from lack of social interaction:) I also HATE working out with other people. I would rather lock myself in my room, turn on the TV or some music and beat on the treadmill. I don't think that's a factor of shyness or anything... I think that's more of a thing of having a few moments of being a non extrovert because otherwise I would become the ruling queen of the Excessive Extroverts Club.

Heck, I'm so talkative that I carry on sleep conversations!

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 07:22 pm: Edit

ISTJ

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 12:15 pm: Edit

TheDad: You've said that Virgos don't believe in astrology. :)

I do find it helpful to think of everything in terms of a flowchart. Also spreadsheet-obsessed... need a 12-step programme to get away from those things.

(According to astrology, I'm supposed to be impulsive and hot-headed. One of my friends is convinced that I have Virgo lurking around in me... I think she's done the complete astrological analysis to prove it.)

Twinkle: LOL. You, shy? I'll buy that you did not know how to work your social skills... but you are extroverted. I'm definitely one of the types to be drained by interaction with people (which is some of the reason that I do not want children - cannot continuously interact with people from morning until night). You, though, need the socialization to keep going. Like TheDad, I'm completely content in my head. Probably the reason that I get hit by cars so often - just don't notice the things. Obviously I'm not a meat-and-potatoes type - eewww to both. :)

The goal-oriented thing reminds me of a conversation that I had with a friend. We were drinking champagne, and he commented that if he gives me a small flute of champagne, I'll finish it; if he gives me a large glass, I'll finish it. I told him (indignatly) that I am goal-oriented.

By the way, I can talk in my sleep too. :) I have been asleep, my friends will try to talk to me, I'll respond, and not remember it the next morning.

That's about it for now. We could always move this section of the conversation over to Twinkle's thread.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 01:24 pm: Edit

TheDad: You've said that Virgos don't believe in astrology. :)

Exactly so. :)

Tsk, about the champagne...it's the drinking (if it's a good champagne, e.g., Veuve Cliquot) that should give the pleasure, not the finishing.

See you at Twinkle's.

By Chatterjoy87 (Chatterjoy87) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:54 am: Edit

Switches between ENFP and ENTJ. Somewhat of a blend I guess. I generally don't like being categorized, but the Myers-Briggs test is pretty fun. Any guys who are INFJ or INTP are apparently supposed to be my ideal husbands. How's that for an ad in a dating service?

By Sluggbugg (Sluggbugg) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 12:34 pm: Edit

ISTP: Introvert, Sensor, Thinker, Perceiver: People of this type tend to be: logical, pragmatic, and matter of fact; quiet, unassuming, and autonomous; realistic, pragmatic, and aloof; impulsive and curious about the physical world; flexible and resourceful; objective and unemotional. The most important thing to ISTPs is the freedom to act independently and follow their impulses.

Insanity, it's you & me, babe! Always wanted to fly an X-wing starfighter and be part of the Rebel Alliance...Instead, I have to tape up the ducts under my house. My gallactic adventure for today: Pilot the Explorer out to Home Depot and get some duct tape. Woo-hoo! Hurry up, Viggo (my droid), and don't forget your lightsaber!

By Cooldude (Cooldude) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:06 pm: Edit

did all the guys with E's check the option wtih 'You Act before you think'??

By Jimster0489 (Jimster0489) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

INFJ all the way.

By Chemgirl (Chemgirl) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 01:55 pm: Edit

ISFJ... hmmm- not sure I agree

By Minerva (Minerva) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 03:49 pm: Edit

INTJ...though I have been INTP on other tests. It's hard to pick one of the two but I'd have to go with INTJ as slightly more accurate (in terms of relationships and careers).

By Jssballet (Jssballet) on Sunday, June 27, 2004 - 09:45 pm: Edit

ISTJ

By Sarasiangirl (Sarasiangirl) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 02:54 pm: Edit

INTJ

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:09 am: Edit

THEDAD...:) :) :)

wholy crap we are both ENFPs and Virgo's who don't really agree with astrology...HA! very cool.

By Crazylicious (Crazylicious) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 02:37 am: Edit

ENTP

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:01 am: Edit

ISTJ, sorry didn't read all of the replies but this test is derived from the Myers-Briggs Inventory something.. something. A mother/daughter psychologist team originally designed it. Google in "myers briggs" you're sure to find some version of it. Carl (Karl?) Jung also very similar.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 04:34 pm: Edit

Sorry, Magoo. I'm an EN"T"P/Virgo/WDNBIA. Five outta six isn't bad.

I can usually peg someone's profile pretty accurately after talking to them for 10-30 minutes.

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:18 pm: Edit

Except for *me*, I had you guessing on a few of the letters for quite some time:)

By Thedad (Thedad) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Twinkle, we've never spoken. It's riskier doing it on-line. Your E was obvious but I couldn't tell your N/S or J/P...and people with "borderline" scores are the hardest to tell. I'm a bit that way myself and it's not out of the realm of possibility that at any given sitting I could come out XNTX.
(Never have but have come close.)

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Yeah, that hit me *after* I posted but in a moment of summer laziness I decided not to edit it. :)

I bet both of my parents are I's- moderately so. So how do you get one very "I" kid, one borderline "E/I" kid and then one very "E" kid? I guess it can't all be genetic- nature plays a role, but nurture/environment must too. Hmmm...

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 09:58 pm: Edit

thedad...
umm, just kidding HAHAA....everyone likes a good joke right? haha *nervous laugh*

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 10:23 pm: Edit

WDNBIA? Huh?

Twinkle: E is obvious to all who inhabit your thread. :)

By Twinkletoes696 (Twinkletoes696) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:48 am: Edit

WDNBIA, I think, would be "who do not believe in astrology.

Aries, today I was such an "I" though. I went out and was just completely not in the mood to socialize. It kind of creeps me out when it happens because it's so out of character.

I think that I could test as a EXXX.

Is THIS what psychologists refer to as having a borderline personality?!??

By Jstanfie (Jstanfie) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:49 am: Edit

INTP

By Queenhavok (Queenhavok) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Im ESTP.

By Plot93 (Plot93) on Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 09:27 pm: Edit

INTJ. I didn't take the test this time, but have a few times before.

By And1baller (And1baller) on Sunday, July 11, 2004 - 10:33 pm: Edit

ISTP

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Monday, July 12, 2004 - 10:50 pm: Edit

INFJ...

By Smhop (Smhop) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 12:50 am: Edit

ESTJ, am I the only one?

By Princess_Banana (Princess_Banana) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 01:03 am: Edit

ENTP

By Gracious95 (Gracious95) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 03:37 am: Edit

ISTJ- very accurate. I hope all the stuff is true for things I wouldn't know yet (ie raising children).

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 02:48 pm: Edit

INFP-Introvert, Intuitive, Feeling, Perciever.

not too may INFP's here

By Sticksandstones (Sticksandstones) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 03:01 pm: Edit

actually, I JUST took the test on http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp and it said i was INTP.waaaaaah, im confused.

By Vadim (Vadim) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 03:10 pm: Edit

I am yet another INTJ...they seem fairly common here...

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 03:12 pm: Edit

ENFP, LEO

By Crypto86 (Crypto86) on Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 06:41 pm: Edit

You are an ISTJ!
As an ISTJ, you are Intraverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging.
This makes your primary focus on Introverted Sensing with Extraverted Thinking.

This is defined as a SJ personality, which is part of Carl Jung's Guardian (Security Seeking) type, and more specifically the Inspectors or Duty Fufiller.

As a weblogger, you may will have a dependable form of posting. You may be more likely to be judgementatal toward others who aren't as dependable. You may get taken advantage of in group situations because you are known as not being able to say no. Because of your respect for facts and information, you may need multiple blogs to keep all of the information sorted in your head.

"You may get taken advantage of in group situations because you are known as not being able to say no." - Holy crap that is exactly me -that part about me sucks!

By Ladybajan (Ladybajan) on Wednesday, July 14, 2004 - 10:28 pm: Edit

ISFJ---Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Judging

By Francesca (Francesca) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 08:22 am: Edit

INTP - pretty accurate I think!

By Chickigirl (Chickigirl) on Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 11:58 pm: Edit

INTJ

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page