Best commercial EVER

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Best commercial EVER
By Magoo (Magoo) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 01:23 am: Edit

umm...self explanitory, i know most of you probably watch TV, i just thought about this topic. so post what you think is the best commercial.

me: there was this family who was sending their last kid off to college, as soon as he takes off they start smilling head up to his room and start plainning to make it over...the mother says something like "YES, just enough room for the jacuzzi"

its funny cuz' this reminds me of my parents, my mother is already redecorating my room and i haven't even left yet.

By Integrity (Integrity) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 09:40 am: Edit

I love car commercials--VW makes some really good ones
(e.g. the Phaeton one having to do with scientific testing. Does anyone remember the name of the 'syndrome'--It was something like "Attentive ________"?)

And then there is the "I'm Spicy!" Burger King commercial.
Definitely not the best commercial, but any one else a fan?
It's one of those funny-because-it's-absurd-and-random things...

By Skulkarni1 (Skulkarni1) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

no the best commericail has to be the honda commercial. you just have to see it to understand. here's a link to it:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

By Clickspring (Clickspring) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:27 pm: Edit

THe best commercial is the beer commercial where the two guys are on a date with two girls and the one guy yells his phone number across the restaurant to the pretty single girl while ordering his food.

By Koopatroopa (Koopatroopa) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 10:49 pm: Edit

Four Words: Ford Ka's Evil Twin.

(Google it, if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

By Duffy123x (Duffy123x) on Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 11:26 pm: Edit

AND TWINS!!!

By Aceofhearts54 (Aceofhearts54) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:26 am: Edit

I love the one where the two squirrels run out in front of car and cause an accident, then they're all high fiving each other afterwards. Its for some insurance company.

By Renegade4box (Renegade4box) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:03 am: Edit

The sportka commercial was a good one, pretty effective too at the "viral advertising" strategy.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:06 am: Edit

I don't know but the best radio commercial ever wwas the Bud Light "Real American Heroes" campaign

Some of the most succesfull radio advertising in history.

Recently they have begun to transform many into tv commercials.

By Futurepres (Futurepres) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:30 am: Edit

WHASSSSUPPPPPP!!!

Not quite, but it's pretty good.

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:33 am: Edit

I like the short films featuring Clive Owen as a BMW driver. One of my favrites was directed by Guy Ritchie with Madonna
http://www.bmwfilms.com/clap.asp?template=international&country=&film=

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:52 am: Edit

I like print advertising. For recent innovation, it's hard to beat the "New Yorker" ads for that cute little Mini Cooper. Over a longer period, Apple Computer has had great advertising.

Has anyone else seen quite enough of "Lost another loan to..."?

How much money do you think Coca Cola had to pay The Stones in order to use "You Can't Aways Get What You Want" in their current ad? The music doesn't make me think about Coke at all; it reminds me of Alex's funeral!

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 11:46 am: Edit

haha who knows

I wonder how much $$ miller lite /genuine draft poured into their advertising campaign that attacked bud lite/budweiser ... it like came out of no where but once it was released, it had constant circulation

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 02:15 pm: Edit

I like the Gap commercial where Julliette Lewis dances around with Daft Punk (in robot costumes no less). The song is addictive and then the commercial just becomes beautiful.

By Greenapples016 (Greenapples016) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Hmmm, I don't know, but I always liked the identity theft commericials-have to respect the actors for playing their, uh, transgender roles so well, hehe...
This is old, but the Trident commercials if anyone remembers them:

"4 out of 5 dentists recommend Trident gum, but what about the FIFTH dentist?"
While the rest of the dentists check yes to approve the gum, a squirrel crawls up the 5th one's leg and bites him ("NOOOO!!!!")

By Nmoreno1 (Nmoreno1) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 05:54 pm: Edit

I hate the commercials with the "if it doesnt get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

they're very gross.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Saturday, June 19, 2004 - 08:26 pm: Edit

HA, great references...i was just trying to figure out which company has the best Marketing strategies EVER.

my guess would be anything that has to do with alcohol...i know, this is a touchy subject for some people, which is why they must spend millions in providing a positive image for the product.

anyways continue posting

and yes...I DON'T LIKE THOSE DITECH...DIE-TEC?? COMMERCIALS.

By Dm101 (Dm101) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:15 am: Edit

There was this car commercial where a car was driving past kids dancing as if at prom and then passes a sign that says "Leaving High School"; playing in the background was "Forever Young" by Alphaville.

mediocre concept, but I just dig the song and it worked in the commercial.

I might add, it was obviously not a great marketing strategy since I can't remember the company. ;-)

By Neo (Neo) on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 12:18 am: Edit

I believe that was Saturn.

By Isacc (Isacc) on Monday, June 21, 2004 - 11:14 pm: Edit

the spot begins with the pan of the room with everything about Aaron Burr..books, pictures, etc and the nerdy guy sitting eating peanut butter on crackers listening to radio and hears the contest question Who shot alexander hamilton in a duel?..next caller wins..he dials up and gets thru to station but with tongue stuck to mouth cant say burr..yelling bu..bu..bugh.he reaches for milk to wash it down but alas there is none left...and you here the dj sorry we have to move on....commercial of course: Got Milk?

By Magoo (Magoo) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:12 am: Edit

HA...i was just thinking about that commercial...great minds think alike huh?

...no i haven't any milk, but there's plenty of ovaltene.

By Acennace (Acennace) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 03:24 am: Edit

Integrity - I love the VW Phaeton ad also.
I watched it the first time in Discovery Channel a month ago.
I think the syndrome is called Attentional Inertia.

By Integrity (Integrity) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:01 am: Edit

Acennace: You are right, it is "Attentional Inertia."
__________ Thanks for your help.

By Acennace (Acennace) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 09:17 am: Edit

I just remember a Heineken ad with Jen Aniston in it. It's cool.
Other great ads include Nike and Adidas Euro 2004 ads.

By Jimster0489 (Jimster0489) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 04:46 pm: Edit

I really like the VW commercial where there's this chain reaction of happiness because the first person saw the new VW convertible Beetle, and yea, it was great. = )

I love their yuppie-artsy folk focus.

By Maud (Maud) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Hey you guys, check this one out

http://www.peugeot.com.au/PEUGEOT/AU/RESOURCES/IMAGES/TVC/Commercial_206sculpteur.mpg

It's the best!

By Maud (Maud) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:51 pm: Edit

sry i don't know how to make it a direct link

By Insanity (Insanity) on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 05:52 pm: Edit

I like the one where the very large lady lost her hampster and is posting a lost ad for it. It's climing around under her shirt while a guy is trying to retrieve it without her knowing so he can win the reward. I don't remember what it acutally is advertising though lol

By Geniusash (Geniusash) on Wednesday, June 23, 2004 - 03:08 am: Edit

Scuba Steve, I agree "real men of genius"

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page