Lefty Roll Call

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Lefty Roll Call
By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 05:09 pm: Edit

alright, CCers Fess up

who here is Left handed and right brained?

By Poison_Ivy (Poison_Ivy) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 06:25 pm: Edit

ME ME ME ME I'm STUPID! ME ME Mlvmolfsdml;fkdlfasl;dvcsdfko

By Ticklemepink (Ticklemepink) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 10:52 pm: Edit

RIGHT here! Genetics :) Also being lefty contributes to my wonderful artist ability.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 04:13 am: Edit

AAAAAHHHHH....quick hide, don't let Shhh read that post, i wrote something similar to that (artisitic lefty) and she bugged me about it for days.

and yes ima lefty. :)

By Lauren432 (Lauren432) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 08:27 am: Edit

add me!
lefties rule :)

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 10:08 am: Edit

Present and accounted for!

Lauren432, lefties do rule! Believe it or not, I worked in a small office where 3/4 of the workers were left handed. We had a lot of fun switching all of the desks, the equipment, everything that could be moved to accomodate us lefties. Right-handed people that came into the office had an instant understanding of what it's like to be a lefty in a right-handed world. I like to think it gives us a unique perspective, and I enjoyed passing it on to our right-handed counterparts!

Poison Ivy. To the contrary. I don't think you're stupid at all. Just look around you at the number of presidents, business moguls, authors, you name it, that are lefties like us.

By Yourmother (Yourmother) on Monday, June 14, 2004 - 02:32 pm: Edit

i too, am left handed. it is cool

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Tuesday, June 15, 2004 - 11:53 am: Edit

yeah, you know how it sucks when lefties like myself smear their own writing, i know it sucks, maybe we should just write from right to left!

2 in 100 are left handed

By Paulhomework (Paulhomework) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 08:23 pm: Edit

MEEEEEEEEEE

By Gameguy56 (Gameguy56) on Wednesday, June 16, 2004 - 11:38 pm: Edit

Altf4, I think its more like 1 in 10 is left handed, not 2 in 100. And yea, smearing my writing is so annoying, especially when using pen. A mechanical pencil is a must for lefties, they smear much less

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

oh sorry, 2/100 is the ambidexturous probability. Yes, i think you are right.

By Altf4 (Altf4) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 01:09 am: Edit

i smear all the time, because i have this tendency to get nervous during a test and my hands will just sweat uncontrollably, yeah, it's ugly, that's why i hate scantrons so much.

By Alongfortheride (Alongfortheride) on Thursday, June 17, 2004 - 10:20 am: Edit

Gameguy 56 and Altf4, I had the experience of learning to write from a left-handed teacher, back in the dark ages when penmanship was taught as part of the curriculum. She worked with us to keep us from "twisting" our wrists around and it helped some. But, I do think my pinkie finger was permanently blue for many years!

By Baggins (Baggins) on Friday, June 18, 2004 - 01:27 am: Edit

I think I was ambidexturous when I was little b/c I could write with both hands equally well. I thought it was cool to write with my left hand and never really worked on my write hand. Now I'm finding out that I can only do some things with my right hand like cut with scissors (I was always really slow at cutting until I decided to try my right hand). It is also easier for me to handle silverware with my right hand. I think its really strange. I wish I had worked on my right hand as well as my left hand just so I could be a real ambidexturous.

By Gxing (Gxing) on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 01:43 pm: Edit

lefty

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page