East Coast Holiday

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: East Coast Holiday
By English_Girl (English_Girl) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 10:09 am: Edit

Hey, I'm going to USA on holiday for two weeks in the summer. We're going to fly into New York, stay there for a few days (and do all the touristy stuff) and then drive to other places. So far, we have Boston and New Jersey on the list of things to do (I'm going to watch Liverpool Football Club play against Roma in the Giants Stadium). Do you have any suggestions of places I should go/things I should do? I've never been to the East coast before (well, once)so I don't really know what to do and what not to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

By Zevdebee (Zevdebee) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 12:08 pm: Edit

go to the beach at the jersey shore. if u do .. try towns called spring lake and/or manasquan. or belmar. go to ground zero. thats pretty interesting. go out to dinner in NYC.

By Ticklemepink (Ticklemepink) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Stop by Newport, RI... beeeauuttiful mansions! I would go to Atlantic City (fun!) while down at the Shore. I would not drive out to Long Island unless you're willing to battle the traffic just to get to the Hamptons (although it is a beautiful, beach place). If you're an international, I would advise visiting our nation's capital, Washington, D.C. (even though it will be pretty humid by the time you will get down here) but the whole city does a great job of telling our national history in one place. It's also a beautiful city too!

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:02 pm: Edit

The Hamptons hands down. I don't know how wealthy you are, but if you can get a private plane to fly you into the Hamptons you can bypass the wannabes in cars(The metro is out of the question!) And if you're staying for a short time there are high-end hotels around (sharehouses are repulsive). My family has connections so we usually rent out a house for Memorial Day weekend and for July 4th celebrations. But, if that's all impossible for you guys to manage there's always other fantastic places in the U.S. Hope you have fun, America is such a great country.

By English_Girl (English_Girl) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 02:04 pm: Edit

I don't think we can quite afford a private plane! I'm looking forward to going, I've only been to America a few times before. There's so much to do! We're going for two weeks so should be able to fit quite a lot in hopefully

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page