Skippy Commercial -- the one with the dancing elephants...GR

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Skippy Commercial -- the one with the dancing elephants...GR
By Neo (Neo) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 05:50 pm: Edit

Skippy Commercial -- the one with the dancing elephants...GROSS!!

I hate this commercial so much. How can they think dancing reggae elephants are funny? They look like a bunch of demons...ugh...

Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

By Daffodil22 (Daffodil22) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

I kinda like it.

By Bumblebee83 (Bumblebee83) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 01:47 am: Edit

Yeah I hate it too. It might be the stupidest commercial on TV right now...and are there elephants in Jamaica?

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:42 am: Edit

OMG! I can't believe that someone else thinks the same thing about this commercial. It is SO ugly. Their little rap is so lame and doesn't even rhyme. How could they put something so UGLY on TV? This angers me SO much because I am a marketing major and I could make commercials a hundred times better than that one. It's ridiculous that someone can make a commercial like that and get paid. UGH!!!

By Aim78 (Aim78) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

How about that Quiznos sub commercial with those rat-like creatures singing horribly? Who comes up with these ideas?

Where's TIVO when you need it.

By Nitokenshi (Nitokenshi) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 08:38 pm: Edit

Those wanna fanta commercials are extremely annoying and they show it all the time.

By Chapter322 (Chapter322) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 09:08 pm: Edit

I thought the Quiznos commercial was funny. But the Skippy commercial is just ridiculous.

Anyone see the Direct TV commercial with the "cable snake?" That's also one of the worst commercials on tv now. But, it's kind of funny. "Digital Cable! Pssss..." "VOD! Pssss." OMG, I'm gonna stop now.

By Televelis (Televelis) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 01:58 am: Edit

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/ - the Quizno's people.

By Neo (Neo) on Tuesday, June 08, 2004 - 05:08 pm: Edit

Wow...I'm glad other people have seen it...it's unbelievable.

Fortunately, it'll soon be off the air...for good!

By Jacqueline (Jacqueline) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 05:30 pm: Edit

The skippy people are just trying to appeal to young people with a "cool" image.

By Neo (Neo) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 01:06 pm: Edit

Ick.

By Magoo (Magoo) on Monday, June 28, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

YEEESSSSS I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE...i hate that commercial with a flamming passion now anythime i eat their peanut butter, i get a sour taste in my mouth...ok not really, but i find the jingle really annoying

By Fenix_Three (Fenix_Three) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:15 am: Edit

It took me a while to get the elephant/peanuts thing. I think the non-rhyming song distracted me from the real intention of the ad. Yeah, graphics are not that great either.

By Studybunny (Studybunny) on Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 03:36 am: Edit

omg...the fanta commercial is uber annoying!!!!it's definitely the worst!

By Magoo (Magoo) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:38 am: Edit

WANNA FANTA
DON'T YOU WANNA, WANNA FANTA
DON'T YOU WANNA, WANNA FANTA
stop,
WANNA FANTA
DON'T - please stop - NNA FANTA
DON'T YOU WANNA - no, i don't, for the - WANNA FANTA - love of god please just leave me alone - GETTING HOT IN ALL THAT PLASTER HAVE - nooooo, i'll give you whatever you - WANNA FANTA DON'T - money clothes power sex - DON'T YOU WANNA aaaaahhhhhhhhh! dam fantanas.

that's what i think about whenever i think of this commercial...stop looking at me. :)

By Demingy (Demingy) on Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Wow, Magoo, what a coincidence. :)

I always change the channel when I see the Fanta commercial start.

I also hate the elephant commercial. Like Fenix Three I didn't know what they were trying to sell (until I saw this thread) because it is just so annoying.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page