TONY AWARDS - WICKED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: TONY AWARDS - WICKED
By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Anyone planning on watching the tony awards?! Just starting a thread on the musical...WICKED cuz its so awesome. Anyone excited to see Defying Gravity this sunday?!

By Glinda (Glinda) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:26 pm: Edit

Totally excited! I'm seeing the show on the 15th. Have you read the novel?

By Unluckycharms (Unluckycharms) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 04:05 pm: Edit

I can't WAIT! I saw Wicked a week ago, and I absolutely loved it. I have only read the beginning parts of the novel, and it's pretty good.

Wicked should win all of the Tony awards, without contest.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 04:07 pm: Edit

i hope so that would be so awesome
i just checked out the novel a few days ago. haha
i havent seen the show exccept kristin and norbert are leaving july 18 :( gotta see it soon!

is the novel good?

By Chasgoose (Chasgoose) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 04:51 pm: Edit

I am rooting for Avenue Q for best musical. Nothing is better than foul-mouthed puppets and while I haven't seen Wicked, my sister is obsessed and I have heard the score and I wasn't too impressed, also I found the book rather depressing because you know it isnt going to end well for poor Elphaba. Avenue Q and Caroline, or Change are head and shoulders above Wicked. Although my favorite musical (and it should have been considered a new musical) is Sondheim's amazing Assassins.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 04:58 pm: Edit

haha i like Avenue Q a lot but Wicked is the favorite :-D i hope Wicked wins them all! there hasnt been a musical this big since like phantom, les mis, cats in the 80s! this is like awesome :-D but assassins is awesome. i hope it wins the revival. wicked - defying gravity is possibly one of the best songs ever haha

avenue q is hilarious i want john tartalangia (sp) to win the actor

do u think kristin chenoweth or idina menzel will win?

By Glinda (Glinda) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 04:55 pm: Edit

I like Avenue Q, but not obsessively. I read the novel and enjoyed it very much. It's very different from the musical though, I'll warn you. Much...MUCH different. But the basic framework is there (and it explains the sets!).

As for who will win, who knows! It could be someone not from Wicked as well. But if it came down to the two...I'd probably say Idina. Personally I like Glinda's character better (hence my sn) but Elphaba is just more complicated and troubled.

By Unluckycharms (Unluckycharms) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:10 am: Edit

"...I found the book rather depressing because you know it isnt going to end well for poor Elphaba."

You should probably see the show before judging it like that.

I can't decide whether or not Idina or Kristin should win the Tony - they were both so amazing...

By Emeraldkity4 (Emeraldkity4) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 09:36 am: Edit

this is very cool to hear.
My 14 yr old is going to nyc/dc with her middle school teachers and classmates once school gets out on the 16th and on the nyc leg they are going to see wicked
She originally wanted to see Hairspray, but nice to hear that Wicked is doing well.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page