FAR OUT creative ideas for summer in Romania

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: FAR OUT creative ideas for summer in Romania
By Special_Foreign (Special_Foreign) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

i'm going to spend two months in romania this summer and i need some really creative ideas of what i could do with some of my time.

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 02:20 pm: Edit

go visit castle frankenstein in transylvania :-D

By Whowasthursday (Whowasthursday) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 02:43 pm: Edit

Hey, I'm going to Romania too...
June 14th through the 29th.
I would say... buy some nice european clothes and sunglasses for cheap.
Ok, so maybe that's not creative, but it's worth it!

By Special_Foreign (Special_Foreign) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 03:26 pm: Edit

come on people i know us nerds have done some pretty wild things. lets show them what we are made of.

By Mac87 (Mac87) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 08:57 pm: Edit

go somewhere more interesting than Romania

or go streaking through Bucharest or skinny dipping in the Danube

By Digmedia (Digmedia) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 12:12 am: Edit

1. Take a hike in the Fagaras mountains. They are some of the most spectacular mountains in Europe. Stay in one of the very inexpensive remote chalets [note: the "toilets" may consist of a hole in the floor with footpads on either side of the hole].

2. Visit the painted monasteries (Moldovita, Voronet, and others) in Moldova.

3. Visit the most beautiful primative village in the world - Casa de Piatra - locate the guide to take you into Virtop cave, the equivalent of a National Monument; then hike to see Cetatile Ponorului.

4. Drink beer at Carul cu Bere in Bucurest. Don't wait for a table to be free; it won't be. The idea here is to spot some free seats at a table with others, sit down, and introduce yourself.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page