Adulthood or Childhood?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: Adulthood or Childhood?
By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 06:45 pm: Edit

By childhood, I mean younger than 19 years old.

Well, which is better? I know this is a rather babyish question, but I can never get a straight answer.

Usually those in "money jobs", namely business, loved their childhood, and seem to hate adulthood. Those with enjoyable jobs say how they like their jobs, but never seem to get into an details about their childhood.

So, to all you adults out there -- Do you like adulthood better than childhood?

I think that as long as I have stable employment I'll enjoy my adulthood far more.

By Goodchocolate (Goodchocolate) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:31 pm: Edit

Bump

By Victimofapathy (Victimofapathy) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 01:05 am: Edit

I haven't experianced adulthood yet, but I love childhood, and wouldn't really mind staying this way forver, except for the part about not being able to drive.

By Deor (Deor) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 02:31 am: Edit

I'm having a tough time, so I should hope that later will be better.

By Allena (Allena) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 06:22 am: Edit

This is impossible to answer because both can have great and terrible things about them.

By Taru (Taru) on Saturday, June 05, 2004 - 12:33 pm: Edit

I'm going to take my adulthood as an extended childhood. Which I think a lot of people do.

By Collegeprof (Collegeprof) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 02:13 am: Edit

Adulthood is definitely better than childhood. I had a very happy childhood, but let's face it--childhood is a little like prison. You're constantly *told* how you're supposed to run your life--by parents, teachers, coaches, etc. There's a good reason for that, but it doesn't change the fact that it's annoying, especially if you're the independent type. Once you're an adult, you run your own life (well, at least as long as you're single... :-)). Lots of responsibilities come with that, but it's a price well worth paying. I've been an adult for many years now, and I still enjoy the feeling of freedom that comes with it... bottom line: you've got something to look forward to.

By Demingy (Demingy) on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 - 11:47 am: Edit

I would say adulthood, but I'm probably not a good gauge for this. I had a horrible childhood, and now that I'm an adult I have control over my own life. There are days when I hear about another person's childhood and wish that I could go back and have THEIR childhood, but I guess that I wouldn't give up everything that I've learned (some things that even people twice my age have never learned----and hopefully never have to).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page