American Idol

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Confidential Café: 2004 Archive: American Idol
By Stupid_Guy (Stupid_Guy) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:21 pm: Edit

Apart from the fact that American Idol can help you get into college as a great EC, What do you guys think of American Idol?

By Candi1657 (Candi1657) on Thursday, May 27, 2004 - 10:24 pm: Edit

It's boring. Beyond the first-round, with rapid-fire auditions, it just turns into a large talent show, which I believe is uninteresting.

By Usernumber1234 (Usernumber1234) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:00 am: Edit

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY,,I HATE HEARING PEOPLE SING

By Jblackboy05 (Jblackboy05) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 03:25 am: Edit

This season sucked, that little red-headed kid w/no talent eliminated a lot of great singers, but in the end I'm glad Fantasia won.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 01:59 pm: Edit

i dont know to me fantasia just comes off as extremely arrogant....

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 02:16 pm: Edit

Americal Idol is for mindless drones that are incapable of any original thinking. BTW, Fantasia rocks! (jk) I serriously hate "reality" shows, only MTV should be allowed to have one (Real World/RR).

By Eyesclozedtight (Eyesclozedtight) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 07:11 pm: Edit

real world is probably one of the stupidest shows on TV right now.

By Rachelvish (Rachelvish) on Friday, May 28, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Yeah this season of Real World is horrible- the whole idea has gotten kind of taboo, I think- they need to stop thinking of 7 types of people, and put real people in there- would make things more interesting

By Kiwee (Kiwee) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 07:40 pm: Edit

I only wtached liek the last two episodes but DIANA SHOULD HAVE WON!! Fantasia sounds like a dying cat!

By Ticklemepink (Ticklemepink) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 08:35 pm: Edit

I love American Idol.. but I've learned to just watch the audtions and the last three epsoides to get the best experience ;) Fantasia truly deserves to win! Diana annoyed me... just have TOO much of a blast!

By T2opine (T2opine) on Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 11:52 pm: Edit

I love American Idol, but I really didn't like Fantasia at all!!!!! Personally I wanted LaToya to win, but since so many people voted for Jasmine, she got voted off. I can't stand Fantasia's voice. It always bothers me when I hear her sing, and I agree with the dying cat comment.

By Geniusblkid04 (Geniusblkid04) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 03:32 am: Edit

Whatever, T2 and Kiwee if Fantasia sounded like a dying cat so much then why was she the only singer who moved the judges to tears, whats up with that??

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 01:25 pm: Edit

have any of you seen the dave chapelle mock of real world

... he put 6 black people in a house with 1 white guy it was hillarious

By Sarasote (Sarasote) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 02:22 pm: Edit

i HATED fantasia. i didnt know anyone that liked her which was odd why she won. (the judges liked her because shes "different" as they say. she sounds like macy gray) i really wanted latoya to win but since she got kicked i wanted diana. diana sings well. fantasia sounds bad

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 04:54 pm: Edit

the judges and that whole show allplay favorites... they pick someone they want to win based on who has the best chance of suceeding the most (making the show appear as a seemingly proud parent when that day comes)

they practically gave the show to ruben last year... this year they virtually placed the title on fantasia's shoulders from the begining

By Confetti1234 (Confetti1234) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 03:44 am: Edit

I don't agree that she sounds like a dying cat. On the contrary, Fantasia is an amazing singer. It's gotten to the point that if a female singer doesn't sound like Aretha or Mariah, her singing automatically is bad. However, if you're like me, you may be sick of those female singers with how many divaesque frills and high notes they can hit. If you heard the "I Believe" song done by both singers on the last show, you must agree that it was a song that should have brought out the best in a singer like Diana, since it is that type of song. However, Fantasia knocked Diana off the stage with that song. Fantasia has a wonderful low range, with a slightly husky high range, whereas Diana's low range is really quite sad. In any case, Fantasia's rendition of "Summertime" is the best ever of that song I have ever heard, and just for that, she should have won.

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 01:34 pm: Edit

i want to kill myself when she does summertime

it is abosultely arrogant and over exaggerated
when have you ever seen an idol contestant sprawl themself out on the stage while performing...never
...pretty much defines who she is

By Confetti1234 (Confetti1234) on Monday, May 31, 2004 - 07:37 pm: Edit

So she's got fantastic talent and knows it. That makes her arrogant? What's wrong about sprawling yourself on stage? You are aware that the song is from an opera, and opera singers generally don't stand straight; they act, and often do, as you call it, sprawl themselves out on stage. In fact, most singers do not stand there, being absolutely boring, while singing a very sensuous song like Summertime. Are you saying that she was not acting like a contestant but like a big star already? Well, maybe that's why she won at the end. She's got a great voice, and Diana was annoying and way too jumpy. She didn't have the feel of a champion, but a girly girl who just happened to sing well. However, where Diana is a very good singer, Fantasia really touched me as someone who might be remembered later as a truly unique talent.

By Coqui (Coqui) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 01:07 am: Edit

American Idol is only good the first couple of episodes b/c you can hear all the crappy people get rejected by uberhomo Simon and cry. After that it's boring.

BTW- Why does Randy think he's so cool? He's a fat, ugly guy who is the epitome of a wannabe playa. And what's the point of Puala being a judge? if someone does good she says "You did great. I'm proud of you." If someone does bad she says "You did good. I'm proud of you." Stupid hoe.

By Unluckycharms (Unluckycharms) on Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 04:07 pm: Edit

"Americal Idol is for mindless drones that are incapable of any original thinking."

I'm going to keep in mind that this quote came from someone who watches MTV.

By Ndbisme5 (Ndbisme5) on Thursday, June 03, 2004 - 01:50 pm: Edit

Charms- I don't watch MTV 24/7. I mostly watch CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, and Faux News. This school year I only watched TV for like an hour in the morning at 6 (for the news). I got home at 8-12 at night and watched more news with a couple of minutes on the other channels (eg. MTV, VH1, CBS, FOX, etc.) I don't like AI. I like the concept of picking regular people out of the blue with talent and making them stars... but come on! AI is a dum dum show that caters to people that are addicted to popular culture, etc.

By T2opine (T2opine) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Geniusblkid- I really didn't like Fantasia's voice because I thought it sounded scratchy and cackly (if that is a word). I never liked that particular sound (too much like Macy Gray). Don't ask me why people liked her so much. How should I know? I didn't even like her. I guess people liked her voice because she was different than the other singers, which she was.

By Victimofapathy (Victimofapathy) on Sunday, June 06, 2004 - 11:45 pm: Edit

I don't watch American Idol. It annoys me. But then, so does most Reality TV.

By Sackings100 (Sackings100) on Monday, June 07, 2004 - 12:01 am: Edit

First of all i don't know why La Toya didn't win--she was fantastic..a lot better than Fantasia. This season was ok...it could have been better.

By Tangobingo28 (Tangobingo28) on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

i did kelly clarkson's mom's nails last monday =). she didnt seem to be faking it off, and she seemed really nice. she said she just moved to mnt view, nc a year ago from tx. she still talks to kelly about once a week. i thought that was awesome.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page